One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Are you pro or against Death Penalty???
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
Mar 14, 2019 19:11:07   #
proud republican (a regular here)
 
dongreen76 wrote:
Yeah,but >om.cdn.ampproject.org


????

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 19:11:48   #
dongreen76 (a regular here)
 
Zemirah wrote:
I'm for the death penalty for the guilty, to administer justice in order to maintain law and order, meaning a fair and speedy trial, proof beyond a reasonable doubt and a just sentence, to be carried out quickly, without years of delay.

God ordained the death penalty:

Genesis 9:6 says, "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man." This is part of the larger covenant that God made with Noah after the flood. It not only reflects the great value of human life, but also gives the reason for that value: Man is made in God's image.

The absolute language of Genesis 9:6 suggests that all those who kill another human being must be killed. And since this mandate was given long before the Mosaic Law to all who survived the flood, it apparently has universal application.

In the New Testament, in Romans 13:1-7 Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, calls his readers to submit to the authority of civil government, reminding them that "if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers (the authority) do not bear the sword without reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer."

In its ultimate use, the word sword in the hands of lawful government, implies legal execution, reaffirming the death penalty.




quote=proud republican]Im absolutely pro!!!...How about you guys???
I'm for the death penalty for the guilty, to admin... (show quote)
[/q

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 19:25:46   #
dongreen76 (a regular here)
 
Zemirah wrote:
I'm for the death penalty for the guilty, to administer justice in order to maintain law and order, meaning a fair and speedy trial, proof beyond a reasonable doubt and a just sentence, to be carried out quickly, without years of delay.

God ordained the death penalty:

Genesis 9:6 says, "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man." This is part of the larger covenant that God made with Noah after the flood. It not only reflects the great value of human life, but also gives the reason for that value: Man is made in God's image.

The absolute language of Genesis 9:6 suggests that all those who kill another human being must be killed. And since this mandate was given long before the Mosaic Law to all who survived the flood, it apparently has universal application.

In the New Testament, in Romans 13:1-7 Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, calls his readers to submit to the authority of civil government, reminding them that "if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers (the authority) do not bear the sword without reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer."

In its ultimate use, the word sword in the hands of lawful government, implies legal execution, reaffirming the death penalty.




quote=proud republican]Im absolutely pro!!!...How about you guys???
I'm for the death penalty for the guilty, to admin... (show quote)
[/quote

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 19:39:56   #
EN Submarine Qualified
 
proud republican wrote:
Seriously???It costs more for them to be locked up for 20 or more years.....That is another reason why im for Death Penalty!!!...


A bit of info from my Google-Matic

Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population. There are 714 inmates on California's death row. According to the Vera Institute of Justice, incarceration costs an average of more than $31,000 per inmate, per year, nationwide. In some states, it's as much as $60,000. Taxpayers foot the bill for feeding, housing and securing people in state and federal penitentiaries.May 19, 2017

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 19:41:47   #
CarryOn
 
Larry the Legend wrote:
What's wrong with letting the victim decide, or the family of the victim under circumstances such as murder. I'm not just talking about capital punishment, but any punishment, or even no punishment at all, if that's the decision. Why should a bunch of strangers get to pick out the punishment suffered by a perpetrator who has wronged you or your family, or both? 'Let the punishment fit the crime', as we hear so often. Fine, then. Who knows better than the victim(s) what punishment fits the crime committed against them?
What's wrong with letting the victim decide, or th... (show quote)


Forgive me for being cynical here, but my immediate thought after reading your comment was that, while it sounds perfectly reasonable, the drawback might be that wealthy families might be able to "buy" their offending relative(s) out of a death sentence. Not in all cases, but possibly in some. And then we again would be dealing with a situation where the law is not equally applied.

For most of us this would not be an issue, as nothing would be enough, but even one evildoer going free because of the advantage of wealthy family is one too many.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 19:42:33   #
Smedley_buzkill (a regular here)
 
padremike wrote:
I believe the cost "lock em up" cost a minimum of $25,000 a year.


Why not life at hard labor with no parole? I mean HARD LABOR. At least get some good out of them. There are some crimes that I think the death penalty is the proper answer, and others that prison time, as I said, at hard labor might be a better answer.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 19:44:33   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
Smedley_buzkill wrote:
Why not life at hard labor with no parole? I mean HARD LABOR. At least get some good out of them. There are some crimes that I think the death penalty is the proper answer, and others that prison time, as I said, at hard labor might be a better answer.


Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment

Forcing millenials to work

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 19:44:58   #
CarryOn
 
archie bunker wrote:
How much does it cost to hang someone from a hundred year old tree with a donated rope, and horse?


… a reason to save the tree ….. and the rope and horse can be recycled … greenies should love it ….

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 19:49:19   #
EN Submarine Qualified
 
CarryOn wrote:
Forgive me for being cynical here, but my immediate thought after reading your comment was that, while it sounds perfectly reasonable, the drawback might be that wealthy families might be able to "buy" their offending relative(s) out of a death sentence. Not in all cases, but possibly in some. And then we again would be dealing with a situation where the law is not equally applied.

For most of us this would not be an issue, as nothing would be enough, but even one evildoer going free because of the advantage of wealthy family is one too many.
Forgive me for being cynical here, but my immediat... (show quote)


Agree. If the elite wealthy snobs can buy their basement dweller a ticket into a prime learning institution why can't the same or similar type, buy their kid a free pass from the family?

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 19:49:32   #
jeff smith
 
Zemirah wrote:
I'm for the death penalty for the guilty, to administer justice in order to maintain law and order, meaning a fair and speedy trial, proof beyond a reasonable doubt and a just sentence, to be carried out quickly, without years of delay.

God ordained the death penalty:

Genesis 9:6 says, "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man." This is part of the larger covenant that God made with Noah after the flood. It not only reflects the great value of human life, but also gives the reason for that value: Man is made in God's image.

The absolute language of Genesis 9:6 suggests that all those who kill another human being must be killed. And since this mandate was given long before the Mosaic Law to all who survived the flood, it apparently has universal application.

In the New Testament, in Romans 13:1-7 Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, calls his readers to submit to the authority of civil government, reminding them that "if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers (the authority) do not bear the sword without reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer."

In its ultimate use, the word sword in the hands of lawful government, implies legal execution, reaffirming the death penalty.




quote=proud republican]Im absolutely pro!!!...How about you guys???
I'm for the death penalty for the guilty, to admin... (show quote)
[/quote]

yes GOD , made provisions for the death sentence . if it was done intentionally .

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 19:53:14   #
EN Submarine Qualified
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment
Forcing millenials to work
Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment img src=... (show quote)


You said it!! Heaven forbid!! I am also guessing the skills of the 'hard working' prisoner might make him more of a liability on the job and accomplish nothing of value.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 20:20:03   #
Smedley_buzkill (a regular here)
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment

Forcing millenials to work
Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment img src=... (show quote)


Think of it as a college course, reality 101.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 20:26:43   #
Carol Kelly (a regular here)
 
proud republican wrote:
Im absolutely pro!!!...How about you guys???


In California, it doesn’t matter. Only the governor has the say.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 20:30:02   #
Carol Kelly (a regular here)
 
EN Submarine Qualified wrote:
A bit of info from my Google-Matic

Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population. There are 714 inmates on California's death row. According to the Vera Institute of Justice, incarceration costs an average of more than $31,000 per inmate, per year, nationwide. In some states, it's as much as $60,000. Taxpayers foot the bill for feeding, housing and securing people in state and federal penitentiaries.May 19, 2017
A bit of info from my Google-Matic br br Cases wi... (show quote)


Do away with death row. They killed instantly, usually, didn’t they?

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 20:33:13   #
archie bunker (a regular here)
 
CarryOn wrote:
… a reason to save the tree ….. and the rope and horse can be recycled … greenies should love it ….


The horse can mow, and fertilize the courthouse lawn before, and after the hanging. I see no losing side here.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.