One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Change my mind...
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 next>>
Mar 12, 2019 17:21:51   #
rumitoid (a regular here)
 
bahmer wrote:
I think that you are right and in the beginning of our country if you didn't own property you couldn't vote either as they used to say you had to have skin in the game before you could vote to change things. Today we have to many on welfare voting for more welfare and not working it should be the other way around if you don't work you shouldn't be allowed to vote.


Raising children on a Fast Food wage is not having skin in the game? How about being elderly or disabled: do they have skin in the game? You also could not vote in this country at the fabled time of our so-called beginning, the Declaration of Independence grand pronouncement that "all men are created equal," if you were Black, a women, a Native American, and a white without property. Whose interests did that serve? The ones who pushed for revolution to save on taxes, letting those non-voters fight and die for them.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 17:34:55   #
bahmer (a regular here)
 
rumitoid wrote:
Raising children on a Fast Food wage is not having skin in the game? How about being elderly or disabled: do they have skin in the game? You also could not vote in this country at the fabled time of our so-called beginning, the Declaration of Independence grand pronouncement that "all men are created equal," if you were Black, a women, a Native American, and a white without property. Whose interests did that serve? The ones who pushed for revolution to save on taxes, letting those non-voters fight and die for them.
Raising children on a Fast Food wage is not having... (show quote)


Well I do sort of have skin in the game as I do sort of own my house unless of course I miss a property tax bill but until then I do own my home. There was a time in our history that one could own their own home but not any more property taxes are the plague of every state in the union as far as I know.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 17:35:55   #
rumitoid (a regular here)
 
archie bunker wrote:
Have you spent much time around people of this age group lately? Most are stupid, entitled brats who are at about the same stage of development as my kids were at 5 years old.


Were you mimicking Socrates, archie? He said, "Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers." You can find your complaints in every civilization by the older generation throughout history. Nothing has changed regarding that dynamic in 4000 years.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 17:36:59   #
rumitoid (a regular here)
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Since I am old, you have misjudged my comments, because you are a dumb ass. It is amazing the lengths that the GOP will go to in order to have fewer voters. They have lost the hearts and minds of the public, except for old white men mostly. That is why voter suppression is so important.


And do not forget their anti-democratic gerrymandering.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 18:47:22   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
moldyoldy wrote:
That is exactly the problem with coal country, left in the dark as the world passes them by. Brain are needed in the future instead of strong backs. The Parland students are a great example of articulate young people.


Strong backs will always be needed. They are the ones who stand firm while the "brains" freeze or run away. They are the ones who continue to fight when the technology doesn't work. They are Navy Seals, Pararescue, Firemen and many others on the front lines be it first responders or the military. They are the best leaders.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 19:19:08   #
rumitoid (a regular here)
 
bahmer wrote:
Well I do sort of have skin in the game as I do sort of own my house unless of course I miss a property tax bill but until then I do own my home. There was a time in our history that one could own their own home but not any more property taxes are the plague of every state in the union as far as I know.


I went into ruin and never fully recovered after all these years from the crash of 1987. I pay a mortgage; I do not own. All those years of being a responsible and productive citizen unintentionally dashed by an economic downturn caused mostly by greed and irresponsibility of Wall Street disqualifies me as a voter? Does that seem right to you?

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 19:26:26   #
Sicilianthing (suspended)
 
rumitoid wrote:
I went into ruin and never fully recovered after all these years from the crash of 1987. I pay a mortgage; I do not own. All those years of being a responsible and productive citizen unintentionally dashed by an economic downturn caused mostly by greed and irresponsibility of Wall Street disqualifies me as a voter? Does that seem right to you?


>>>

Can this change your mind about Muslim Scumbags on our land ?



| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 19:43:22   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
rumitoid wrote:
45.3% of the populace does not pay either property tax or the IRS. That population makes up hardworking people just getting by, the elderly, the disabled, and the rich with great accountants.


I believe I mentioned retirees...

Perhaps I should have included corporate taxes.. Although the idea that rich folj don't pay property tax strikes me as untrue...

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 20:02:18   #
rumitoid (a regular here)
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
I believe I mentioned retirees...

Perhaps I should have included corporate taxes.. Although the idea that rich folj don't pay property tax strikes me as untrue...


Sorry missed your point in responding to what I wrote that you mentioned retirees: what does that mean? How is it pertinent? Just ate maybe I am foggy.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 20:08:46   #
rumitoid (a regular here)
 
Sicilianthing wrote:
>>>

Can this change your mind about Muslim Scumbags on our land ?


We have this thing going for years now like this graph or people saying Islam is not a religion. What, as American citizens, can we do about it? It is not unfair to bring up the "slippery slope" argument. As so many Christians and others are complaining about how secular this nation has become, might not there come a time when, if it is not already happening, our nation makes the same assessment of Christianity and Judaism being barbaric and hateful, a threat to peace?

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 20:15:44   #
Sicilianthing (suspended)
 
rumitoid wrote:
We have this thing going for years now like this graph or people saying Islam is not a religion. What, as American citizens, can we do about it? It is not unfair to bring up the "slippery slope" argument. As so many Christians and others are complaining about how secular this nation has become, might not there come a time when, if it is not already happening, our nation makes the same assessment of Christianity and Judaism being barbaric and hateful, a threat to peace?


>>>

I can understand all those points too, just like voting at 16 and getting pregnant and having bastard babies too... down the worse rabbit hole we go for all of the above.

How is that your Congress allowed these Muslim Scumbags to come in and be allowed to vote in our elections anyway?

How is that they are even allowed to run for public office when it has already been outlawed?

i can go on and on...

The damage is done and deepening... how to stop and reverse these damages is now coming into view.

By who’s authority on the land or by any religion and set of laws does a Scumbag Illegal alien minor or adult come here who’s pregnant from being Raped by another miscreant illegal scumbag during migration and they give birth to an anchor bastard baby and we have to pay for it ?

WTF is going on ?

Really ?

And to think that the FED and law Enforcement seriously believes we dont have a Constitutional right to Remove them by Force if necessary ?

Fricken PLUTO ?

Someone change my mind about that !

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 20:31:51   #
rumitoid (a regular here)
 
Sicilianthing wrote:
>>>

I can understand all those points too, just like voting at 16 and getting pregnant and having bastard babies too... down the worse rabbit hole we go for all of the above.

How is that your Congress allowed these Muslim Scumbags to come in and be allowed to vote in our elections anyway?

How is that they are even allowed to run for public office when it has already been outlawed?

i can go on and on...

The damage is done and deepening... how to stop and reverse these damages is now coming into view.

By who’s authority on the land or by any religion and set of laws does a Scumbag Illegal alien minor or adult come here who’s pregnant from being Raped by another miscreant illegal scumbag during migration and they give birth to an anchor bastard baby and we have to pay for it ?

WTF is going on ?

Really ?

And to think that the FED and law Enforcement seriously believes we dont have a Constitutional right to Remove them by Force if necessary ?

Fricken PLUTO ?

Someone change my mind about that !
>>> br br I can understand all those poi... (show quote)


There are approximately 3.45 million Muslims living in America: what do you propose to do about that? Some feasible and Constitutional plan please? No ongoing useless rhetoric about how bad they are without a reasonable solution. Concentration Camps like for Japanese Americans during WWII? Ghettos? Declare their faith persona non grata by Congress and deport them en masse, even citizens that have been here for generations, going back to our beginnings as a nation.

(You may be surprised to learn that there may have been hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Muslims in the United States in 1776—imported as slaves from areas of Africa where Islam flourished. Although there is no evidence that the Founders were aware of the religious convictions of their bondsmen, it is clear that the Founding Fathers thought about the relationship of Islam to the new nation and were prepared to make a place for it in the republic.)

(Then we have this: "John Locke insisted that Muslims and all others who believed in God be tolerated in England. Campaigning for religious freedom in Virginia, Jefferson followed Locke, his idol, in demanding recognition of the religious rights of the "Mahamdan," the Jew and the "pagan." Supporting Jefferson was his old ally, Richard Henry Lee, who had made a motion in Congress on June 7, 1776, that the American colonies declare independence. "True freedom," Lee asserted, "embraces the Mahomitan and the Gentoo (Hindu) as well as the Christian religion.")

Okay, no terrorism then, no 9/11, yet the voice of freedom spoke for tolerance. What will speak for today?

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 20:59:11   #
Common_Sense_Matters (a regular here)
 
rumitoid wrote:
Lowering the voting age to 16 is ridiculous, in my opinion.

Since teenage brains aren’t fully developed, some areas aren’t completely online. Most important, these areas are in the prefrontal cortex, which controls reasoning and teen emotion and self-regulation. As a result, teens can be more impulsive and moody. And because brain development and decision-making are closely related, adolescents aren’t as good at planning ahead and making careful decisions.

Lack of frontal lobe maturity catalyzes a variety of teen behaviors. That’s because the prefrontal cortex is involved with a wide range of functions, known as executive functions. These include the following:

Complex decision-making
Planning skills
Impulse control
Emotional reactions
Focusing attention
Prioritizing competing information received all at once
The ability to ignore external distractions.

There is not a strict time table for a fully developed prefrontal cortex yet usually by the time a person is twenty-one it is complete or nearly. But it is interesting to note that about 17% of teenagers fail to adequately develop a prefrontal cortex. Do we need a Vote Test to determine who may not be adequately mature in this area to cast a ballot?

Twenty-one should be the minimum age requirement.

As far as the requirement to be a property owner or tax payer, the Tax Policy Center has updated its estimate of the percentage of households that will not pay federal income tax this year; it now figures it is 45.3 percent. This includes hard-working men and women, mostly responsible and decent adults, that simply do not make enough to be taxed.

To make a requirement to be a property owner is more ridiculous than allowing a 16 year old to vote. Does not sound like the land of the free to make such a demand. But it does sound like a Banker's wet dream.
Lowering the voting age to 16 is ridiculous, in my... (show quote)


I am all for raising minimum age to vote to 21 PROVIDED we also raise the minimum age to enlist or be drafted (should the draft ever return) into the military be raised to 21 as well. In my opinion, if you are old enough to serve and potentially doe for our country, then you are old enough to both vote AND drink. Why should we permit one to die for their country and to decide who should run our country if we don't think they are mature enough to decide whether they should or should not drink?

Why am I not surprised to see so many on the right wanting to raise the minimum age well beyond 21? Perhaps it is because the Republicans are well known in their voter suppression tactics and gerrymandering, why would we be surprised that they would want to eliminate as many younger voters as they can? They will never refuse to stoop to any level to win at any cost, yet they piss and moan the most about the Democrats and the voter fraud Republicans accuse them of.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 21:09:00   #
rumitoid (a regular here)
 
Common_Sense_Matters wrote:
I am all for raising minimum age to vote to 21 PROVIDED we also raise the minimum age to enlist or be drafted (should the draft ever return) into the military be raised to 21 as well. In my opinion, if you are old enough to serve and potentially doe for our country, then you are old enough to both vote AND drink. Why should we permit one to die for their country and to decide who should run our country if we don't think they are mature enough to decide whether they should or should not drink?

Why am I not surprised to see so many on the right wanting to raise the minimum age well beyond 21? Perhaps it is because the Republicans are well known in their voter suppression tactics and gerrymandering, why would we be surprised that they would want to eliminate as many younger voters as they can? They will never refuse to stoop to any level to win at any cost, yet they piss and moan the most about the Democrats and the voter fraud Republicans accuse them of.
I am all for raising minimum age to vote to 21 PRO... (show quote)


This line supposedly by Churchill (he never uttered it and no one else has been given credit), is a hymn for most on the Right: "‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’ So let's make the voting age 35! Yet what we also have to see what is implied by that quote: brain over heart, the better of which apparently the latter. A brain for what? Maintaining one's position and wealth that they are now established in society? Profits and economics over people?

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 21:09:26   #
Common_Sense_Matters (a regular here)
 
@moldyoldy regarding final post on page #3


Surely you lie, Christians would NEVER commit such a heinous act would they?



*quickly runs to hide evidence of inquisitions, "great crusades" and witch trials*

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.