One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
White Prviledge:
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 next>>
Mar 12, 2019 17:51:50   #
eagleye13 (a regular here)
 
JediKnight wrote:
Don: be advised that you are dealing with a professional in the art of confusion and obfuscation. Mykavelli takes pride in evading the actual topics by pretending 'he doesn't understand' or twisting your words to mean something other than what you actually said. I would suggest keep your statements short, with no big words when conversing with him. peace.


Jedi!
Is this you and your comrades?
Surrounded by assholes
https://youtu.be/sen8Tn8CBA4

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 18:11:46   #
Larry the Legend (a regular here)
 
JFlorio wrote:
No one really answered the question anyway. How did white privilege start in the first place? I mean how did one group subjugate another? Was it because of color privilege? Makes no sense. Seems to me one culture had to be more advanced for whatever reason.

It's a made up phenomenon where white people are 'privileged' and don't know it. They are guilty of taking advantage of the color of their skin and they are so aloof that they can't see it. Only blacks can see it. If you're mulatto then you maybe can see it depending on whether you're disadvantaged enough. It's all very complicated, as it has to be otherwise we's all be laughing about it instead of standing there with our collective mouths open.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 18:31:26   #
dongreen76 (a regular here)
 
JediKnight wrote:
Don: be advised that you are dealing with a professional in the art of confusion and obfuscation. Mykavelli takes pride in evading the actual topics by pretending 'he doesn't understand' or twisting your words to mean something other than what you actually said. I would suggest keep your statements short, with no big words when conversing with him. peace.
a

I'm aware of Lok's ,Mykavelli's and every so called uh.....conservatives on OPP and their debative techniques that is really not debative conversation at all,but their idiosyncraticsisim due to their many personality flaws.They have their own agendas aside from what I read OPP's intended agenda is so far as to why it was conceived.As per Donald Trump,they are the quintessential White guys, egregiously flawed, and since I am no spring chicken and have lived a good many years,"I HAVE BECOME ACCUSTOMED TO HUH'S FACE" ...uh I mean ,I have become accustomed to their bullshit
Thank you for that,though.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 18:35:58   #
Carol Kelly (a regular here)
 
JFlorio wrote:
Am I missing something here or are you being just another keyboard jackass? I don’t worry about IQ thank you. I’m 63 no debt and work as much as I want. Great friends, lovely wife and support from people on OPP I don’t even know but my IQ’s high enough that I know they’re great people. If IQ can’t solve a problem work harder. Hope you have a great work ethic.


Maybe, just maybe, he meant it as a compliment. We’ll see. You, obviously, are very intelligent and aware and realistic. He just got here, didn’t he?or is he someone else?

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 18:44:20   #
dongreen76 (a regular here)
 
Larry the Legend wrote:
It's a made up phenomenon where white people are 'privileged' and don't know it. They are guilty of taking advantage of the color of their skin and they are so aloof that they can't see it. Only blacks can see it. If you're mulatto then you maybe can see it depending on whether you're disadvantaged enough. It's all very complicated, as it has to be otherwise we's all be laughing about it instead of standing there with our collective mouths open.

Having said that,you have just stated that our Judicial system is no good .They must have ruled a million times against white privilege.Blacks don't have to go to the back of the bus,they have the right to vote,the can live in the neighborhood of their choice,go to the school of their option.drink from the same water fountain whites can ,get hired in places, attend...............

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 18:45:50   #
Larry the Legend (a regular here)
 
kittibob wrote:
If I were you I wouldn't worry too much about being IQ privileged.

You need 'intelligence' to have an 'intelligence quotient'. If I were you I would be silent and be thought a fool than open that big trap and prove it beyond any reasonable doubt. Remember, IQ is based on 'intelligence', something you seem to be in short supply of.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 18:53:45   #
Mikeyavelli (a regular here)
 
JediKnight wrote:
Don: be advised that you are dealing with a professional in the art of confusion and obfuscation. Mykavelli takes pride in evading the actual topics by pretending 'he doesn't understand' or twisting your words to mean something other than what you actually said. I would suggest keep your statements short, with no big words when conversing with him. peace.


You're obfuscating. He is a kommiecrat Socialist, and he runs his business like a capitalist by keeping the profits for himself and paying his workers less.
No follower of Halexandria Obamio-Castrio would do something as greedy as that.
Hypocrisy at its apex.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 19:00:52   #
Larry the Legend (a regular here)
 
dongreen76 wrote:
Having said that,you have just stated that our Judicial system is no good .They must have ruled a million times against white privilege.Blacks don't have to go to the back of the bus,they have the right to vote,the can live in the neighborhood of their choice,go to the school of their option.drink from the same water fountain whites can ,get hired in places, attend...............

I see. So you're saying that so-called 'white privilege' no longer exists. Hmm. That pretty much dovetails with what I posted a minute ago. Civil rights are a legal concept. This 'white privilege' trope is nothing more than a bunch of snowflakes trying to make themselves into poor, downtrodden victims so they can 'virtue-signal' to the world how saintly they are. Poppycock.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 19:17:18   #
eagleye13 (a regular here)
 
Larry the Legend wrote:
I see. So you're saying that so-called 'white privilege' no longer exists. Hmm. That pretty much dovetails with what I posted a minute ago. Civil rights are a legal concept. This 'white privilege' trope is nothing more than a bunch of snowflakes trying to make themselves into poor, downtrodden victims so they can 'virtue-signal' to the world how saintly they are. Poppycock.


"This 'white privilege' trope is nothing more than a bunch of snowflakes trying to make themselves into poor, downtrodden victims so they can 'virtue-signal' to the world how saintly they are. Poppycock. - Larry the Legend

Yep!!!
Poopycock.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 19:52:23   #
dongreen76 (a regular here)
 
Larry the Legend wrote:
I see. So you're saying that so-called 'white privilege' no longer exists. Hmm. That pretty much dovetails with what I posted a minute ago. Civil rights are a legal concept. This 'white privilege' trope is nothing more than a bunch of snowflakes trying to make themselves into poor, downtrodden victims so they can 'virtue-signal' to the world how saintly they are. Poppycock.

If you are in room and you are sitting,and and a white man enters the room and you have to yield your seat to the white,that is my view of white privilege.It would be very hard to ascertain white privilege in this day and age.Blacks preside in the same social circles as whites do,this leads me to deduce that it is no longer white privilege buy haves vs.have not privilege,There was an incident involving Devin Hester,the ex- Chicago Bear .Hester was in the airport standing in line waiting to purchase a ticket,one of the airline employees ushered Mr. Hester to the front of the line,him being Mr Hester.Another white patron of the airport wittness this,got offended and promptly walked up to Hester and slapped him up side the head in reprimand for butting in line; what ensued after that was the traditional process of police involvement,and the white patron was arrested.If white privilege still exist(it does,I might of saw it in the bank today),it is not readily discernable.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 20:22:06   #
nwtk2007 (a regular here)
 
Larry the Legend wrote:
Shh! You're supposed to be the 'guilty white man'! You! Only you! If you point out that everyone was in on it, you'll spoil the narrative! How can we create all these victims if there's so many victimizers?


Good point!

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 20:26:54   #
nwtk2007 (a regular here)
 
JFlorio wrote:
No one really answered the question anyway. How did white privilege start in the first place? I mean how did one group subjugate another? Was it because of color privilege? Makes no sense. Seems to me one culture had to be more advanced for whatever reason.


It is ALL about looks. All non-light skinned folk, want to be white. I'll refrain from examples. But seriously, it's a subconscious impulsion to raise whites to a level they look up to.

It's kind of like accents; in the states everyone wants a close friend who is English or Australian.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 20:28:04   #
nwtk2007 (a regular here)
 
dongreen76 wrote:
If you are in room and you are sitting,and and a white man enters the room and you have to yield your seat to the white,that is my view of white privilege.It would be very hard to ascertain white privilege in this day and age.Blacks preside in the same social circles as whites do,this leads me to deduce that it is no longer white privilege buy haves vs.have not privilege,There was an incident involving Devin Hester,the ex- Chicago Bear .Hester was in the airport standing in line waiting to purchase a ticket,one of the airline employees ushered Mr. Hester to the front of the line,him being Mr Hester.Another white patron of the airport wittness this,got offended and promptly walked up to Hester and slapped him up side the head in reprimand for butting in line; what ensued after that was the traditional process of police involvement,and the white patron was arrested.If white privilege still exist(it does,I might of saw it in the bank today),it is not readily discernable.
If you are in room and you are sitting,and and a w... (show quote)


Closer to right than you think, I think.

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 22:03:08   #
maryjane
 
Iliamna1 wrote:
Opportunity doors are there for nearly everyone. Many years ago I had a cousin with Down's syndrome but he loved and lived to clean ANYTHING. He ended up living in a half-way-house, run by the Presbyterian church, with other individuals with various issues, but they all worked for a janitorial service and he ended up being a supervisor and making a pretty decent salary. He worked there until he died at 38 years old. He didn't tolerate anyone shirking their duties. He wasn't nearly as smart as some of his subordinates, but he knew what clean was! I had friend with a rather severe physical handicap and was black, but she was soo determined to get a degree in sociology despite being a black woman and is still helping patients navigate the health care system.
My point is a strong work ethic can overcome insurmountable odds and I believe that ethic is stronger than white privilege. Is there white privilege? I'm white, but I can agree there is white privilege, but we are not all endowed with the same physical or intellectual abilities. There is also beauty privilege (I never had that one) and depending where you are, there is black privilege, athletic privilege, gay privilege, feminine privilege and male privilege and others.
Opportunity doors are there for nearly everyone. ... (show quote)


I agree with you which is why I believe the federal welfare program has been, and is, very harmful to our country and our citizens. Except for the truly infirm, there is a job out there for almost everyone, suitable to the person's capabilities and character. I think of the story I read last year about the mentally disabled fellow who was retiring from his career working at a fast food restaurant (Don't recall which). Every person, including managers, that had ever worked with him bragged about what a great employee he had always been. Even customers attended his retirement party. And you are correct, his character, his work ethic, was much stronger than his disabilities. We read these success stories, such as the woman with no arms who learned to paint pictures with her toes. SO, I am not very forgiving of our tens of millions of ablebodied citizens that CHOOSE to live off the labors of their fellow citizens. I feel the same about the homeless, except for the ones that are mentally disturbed, whom I think should be in well run institutions (something we once had).

| Reply
Mar 12, 2019 22:21:23   #
Smedley_buzkill (a regular here)
 
JediKnight wrote:
Smedley has yet to learn that "two wrongs never make a right." Even if some Africans participated in the slave trade -why would that make it okay for Americans to do it? My mom used to ask me, "so, if some fool decides to lie down in the middle of a highway with 18 wheelers coming are you going to do that too?" If another idiot decides to drink some hemlock and tells you "it tastes so good -try it" are you going to do that as well? BTW - that last part of your post is assumption - which means you're making an ass out of you -not me.
Smedley has yet to learn that "two wrongs nev... (show quote)


By the way, you smarmy little dipstick, the last part of my post is documented fact. As for my making an ass out of you, that's something you accomplished long ago, all by yourself. I believe someone once called you "Obiwan Butthurt." That seems a bit more accurate that JediKnight.



| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.