One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
White Prviledge:
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next>>
Mar 10, 2019 19:07:03   #
kittibob
 
kittibob wrote:
If I were you I wouldn't worry too much about being IQ privileged.


You're right and I apologize. I need to stick to the subject and avoid getting personal. Thanks for the advice, and thanks for being so polite about it.
Bob (of kittibob "fame")

| Reply
Mar 10, 2019 19:08:21   #
woodguru (a regular here)
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
That is rather rude for a new member...

Welcome to the OPP...

Hope that you enjoy your time here and have fun engaging (civily)...


I can see the direction he's headed...

| Reply
Mar 10, 2019 19:19:51   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
kittibob wrote:
You're right and I apologize. I need to stick to the subject and avoid getting personal. Thanks for the advice, and thanks for being so polite about it.
Bob (of kittibob "fame")


No harm, no foul...

Use the "quote reply" button to respond to a particular member's post....

And welcome again

| Reply
Mar 10, 2019 19:20:24   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
woodguru wrote:
I can see the direction he's headed...


I'm sure he will be another fine addition to our community...

| Reply
Mar 10, 2019 20:38:39   #
Smedley_buzkill (a regular here)
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
I'm sure he will be another fine addition to our community...


Unlike that no-good SOB Smedley.

| Reply
Mar 10, 2019 21:01:34   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
Smedley_buzkill wrote:
Unlike that no-good SOB Smedley.


I hate that guy...
His moniker is awesome though

| Reply
Mar 10, 2019 22:43:05   #
redpill
 
TommyRadd wrote:
Thomas Sowell Uses Fact About Firstborn Children To Crush Liberal Lies on Discrimination

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/thomas-sowell-uses-fact-firstborn-children-crush-liberal-lies-discrimination/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter-CT&utm_campaign=dailypm&utm_content=conservative-tribune

“In the first chapter of this book, I point out that the firstborn has higher IQs than his siblings and (in) later life has more achievements. Among astronauts, for example, of the 29 astronauts in the Apollo program that put a man on the moon, 22 were either the firstborn or an only child.
“Now, if you can’t get equality among people born to the same parents and raised under the same roof, why in the world do you think you’re going to get it among people who’ve had such different histories and cultures around the world?”
-Thomas Sowell

“Equality” is a leftist replacement for the actual good fight against evil.

What is evil? First and foremost is big government control, the most murderous enterprises by FAR in the last century. Next, murdering innocent living unborn babies, the most murderous enterprise in America by far. Hmmm, both these evils are things that leftists claim as “solutions”. See the pattern and contrast?

No wonder they want to demonize things that are neither good nor bad in and of themselves. We are all born with inequalities, what we do with what we have is what shows our character, simple as that. Our inherent inequalities aren’t in and of themselves evil, rather, they are the heart and soul of diversity, rather, variety is the spice of life. If we were all meant to be “equal” we would all look, act, and speak exactly the same. Is that really what “good” is supposed to look like? In other words, leftists are the true bigots who won’t allow people to be different, think different or speak differently than them. And the reason is because they love what is truly evil but won’t admit it, so they invent false forms of “values” (ie equality vs inequality) to ease their guilty consciences. Then project those false values upon others so they can feel good about their rejection of what is truly good and fool themselves into thinking they are fighting the good fight when in fact they are doing the opposite. It is thus, to them, just another false “religion” that covers up and justifies one’s sins, rather than purges one of their sins. In this way they placate their guilty consciences without actually turning toward the good.


“1Now indeed even the first covenant had ordinances of divine service, and an earthly sanctuary...
“8The Holy Spirit is indicating this, that the way into the Holy Place wasn't yet revealed while the first tabernacle was still standing; 9which is a symbol of the present age, where gifts and sacrifices are offered that are incapable, concerning the conscience, of making the worshipper perfect...
“13For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled, sanctify to the cleanness of the flesh: 14how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?” Hebrew 9:1-14
Thomas Sowell Uses Fact About Firstborn Children T... (show quote)



| Reply
Mar 10, 2019 23:08:03   #
karpenter (a regular here)
 
Uh-Oh
It Was A Tranny !!

Includes Video Of Attacks:
https://abc7ny.com/woman-arrested-in-series-of-hate-crime-attacks/5177439/

Heard was charged with assault as a hate crime, menacing as a hate crime, harassment as a hate crime
and assault with criminal possession of a weapon.

Police also recovered scissors and pepper spray


Stay Tuned To See What It Does For A Living

| Reply
Mar 11, 2019 08:29:47   #
badbob85037 (a regular here)
 
JFlorio wrote:
I actually changed my mind on whether or not white privilege exist in the US. In my opinion it does. At first I wanted to deny it because I’ve never gotten a job or anything special just because I was white and I felt insulted. As if everything I have was just handed to me. Recently a friend of mine who played ten years in the NFL put it how he and many of his friends see it. It’s like you’re in a corridor and there’s 100 doors. A couple lead to opportunity. What you do with that opportunity is up to the individual. He explained if your white maybe you get to try 99 doors. If your black maybe 50 doors. Not my fault I have more doors just the way it is. I asked him if it was the same in the NFL now because it’s obvious blacks are more athletic. He agreed it was but also didn’t like anyone thinking he accomplished 10 years of Pro Football just because he was black. We both see there is a privilege but both agree the way to fix it is not to try and level a playing field by taking from one and giving to another. He thinks the answer is education. Equal and mandatory. I don’t disagree. Thoughts?
I actually changed my mind on whether or not white... (show quote)


At birth paint everyone green. The only racial slur will be leprechaun. Get over it.

| Reply
Mar 11, 2019 08:45:35   #
bestpal38
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
That is rather rude for a new member...

Welcome to the OPP...

Hope that you enjoy your time here and have fun engaging (civily)...


Except they didn't hit quote reply, so I'm not sure who he/she was putting down.

| Reply
Mar 11, 2019 09:30:59   #
Wonttakeitanymore (a regular here)
 
I learned the ropes years ago when I was in high school I applied for a job at a fast food place! The owner asked me what nationality I was, I replied what are u looking for? Too smart for him! Didn’t answer! Jackass!

| Reply
Mar 11, 2019 10:21:01   #
JediKnight (a regular here)
 
J: here's the problem with the way you're thinking: you posted "Not my fault I have more doors just the way it is. "// If it's not "our fault" then who's fault is it? The fact that you see it as "fault" indicates it is "not the way it should be" - which demands something be done about it. Should babies be left to die because they were born to poor, uneducated parents who simply don't know how to get ahead? Should the elderly be left to fend for themselves in the midst of out of control medical costs -especially for life-saving prescriptions? Why should the people in some countries have to starve to death because they never learned how to irrigate or rotate crops? If its not "our" fault then who in hell's fault is it?

| Reply
Mar 11, 2019 10:53:43   #
JFlorio (a regular here)
 
JediKnight wrote:
J: here's the problem with the way you're thinking: you posted "Not my fault I have more doors just the way it is. "// If it's not "our fault" then who's fault is it? The fact that you see it as "fault" indicates it is "not the way it should be" - which demands something be done about it. Should babies be left to die because they were born to poor, uneducated parents who simply don't know how to get ahead? Should the elderly be left to fend for themselves in the midst of out of control medical costs -especially for life-saving prescriptions? Why should the people in some countries have to starve to death because they never learned how to irrigate or rotate crops? If its not "our" fault then who in hell's fault is it?
J: here's the problem with the way you're thinking... (show quote)


I see your point. Thanks.

| Reply
Mar 11, 2019 11:10:05   #
JediKnight (a regular here)
 
JFlorio wrote:
I see your point. Thanks.


No sir...thank you for being big enough to dare consider another perspective. You are special in my book!

| Reply
Mar 11, 2019 11:18:17   #
nwtk2007 (a regular here)
 
JFlorio wrote:
I actually changed my mind on whether or not white privilege exist in the US. In my opinion it does. At first I wanted to deny it because I’ve never gotten a job or anything special just because I was white and I felt insulted. As if everything I have was just handed to me. Recently a friend of mine who played ten years in the NFL put it how he and many of his friends see it. It’s like you’re in a corridor and there’s 100 doors. A couple lead to opportunity. What you do with that opportunity is up to the individual. He explained if your white maybe you get to try 99 doors. If your black maybe 50 doors. Not my fault I have more doors just the way it is. I asked him if it was the same in the NFL now because it’s obvious blacks are more athletic. He agreed it was but also didn’t like anyone thinking he accomplished 10 years of Pro Football just because he was black. We both see there is a privilege but both agree the way to fix it is not to try and level a playing field by taking from one and giving to another. He thinks the answer is education. Equal and mandatory. I don’t disagree. Thoughts?
I actually changed my mind on whether or not white... (show quote)


To me, having been in education and seen how it works, there already is equal education. The think which limits that is the culture found in the poorer neighborhoods. We could double the money going into poor neighborhoods and it would not change a thing. The comment down the line in this thread is apropos; you can lead a horse to water but can't make him do calculus. We often comment in our work in the ghettos over the years; parents don't want their kids to be more successful and have greater opportunity. Misery loves company. It isn't true across the board, of course, but it certainly seems to be prevalent.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.