One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
FOX's Chris Wallace Rips Republicans
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 next>>
Feb 10, 2019 06:43:20   #
slatten49 (a regular here)
 
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-apos-chris-wallace-073338881.html

Fox News’ Chris Wallace has knocked Republicans’ double standard over House investigations into the Trump White House.

Wallace said on Friday’s broadcast of “Outnumbered” that he found it “kind of rich that Republicans are so outraged that there would be this kind of a hearing of the other party’s president and administration.”
It came during an analysis of acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker’s testimony before the House Judiciary Committee.

“You know, it’s not like Republicans sat on their hands when Barack Obama was president,” Wallace said. “They investigated Benghazi, they investigated Fast & Furious, they investigated the IRS, and you know, look, those were all legitimate issues to investigate. Sometimes they found some things, sometimes they didn’t find things.”

Wallace noted how it was all “part of oversight.”

“When Republicans are, have oversight of a branch of Congress or a house of Congress and they’re investigating a Democratic president, they’re gonna make life difficult for them, and now the Democrats are in control of the House and have the control of these committees,” he said.

“That’s the way it works.”

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 07:39:45   #
Coos Bay Tom (a regular here)
 
The quest for power--fighting dirty--spreading false information----The political strategy has discouraged me. Just give me the truth. This country needs leadership that truly is dedicated to the well being and the advancement of the American people.. I want no lip service and sunshine blown up my ass. I want real action and real people in charge who don't whine about what others do but show me what they can do. These politicians need to get real--quit lying about each other and quit lying to us.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 07:50:38   #
slatten49 (a regular here)
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
The quest for power--fighting dirty--spreading false information----The political strategy has discouraged me. Just give me the truth. This country needs leadership that truly is dedicated to the well being and the advancement of the American people.. I want no lip service and sunshine blown up my ass. I want real action and real people in charge who don't whine about what others do but show me what they can do. These politicians need to get real--quit lying about each other and quit lying to us.
The quest for power--fighting dirty--spreading fal... (show quote)

Agreed, Tom. Yet, the 'truth' lies in the mind of the beholder. And, many can't handle some truths.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 08:09:48   #
Coos Bay Tom (a regular here)
 
slatten49 wrote:
Agreed, Tom. Yet, the 'truth' lies in the mind of the beholder. And, many can't handle some truths.

I know and I have to live among the many who would rather believe in those who share their pregudices even with reality right in front of their face.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 08:28:16   #
lpnmajor (a regular here)
 
slatten49 wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-apos-chris-wallace-073338881.html

Fox News’ Chris Wallace has knocked Republicans’ double standard over House investigations into the Trump White House.

Wallace said on Friday’s broadcast of “Outnumbered” that he found it “kind of rich that Republicans are so outraged that there would be this kind of a hearing of the other party’s president and administration.”
It came during an analysis of acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker’s testimony before the House Judiciary Committee.

“You know, it’s not like Republicans sat on their hands when Barack Obama was president,” Wallace said. “They investigated Benghazi, they investigated Fast & Furious, they investigated the IRS, and you know, look, those were all legitimate issues to investigate. Sometimes they found some things, sometimes they didn’t find things.”

Wallace noted how it was all “part of oversight.”

“When Republicans are, have oversight of a branch of Congress or a house of Congress and they’re investigating a Democratic president, they’re gonna make life difficult for them, and now the Democrats are in control of the House and have the control of these committees,” he said.

“That’s the way it works.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-apos-chris-wal... (show quote)


This kind of stuff has been going on for decades, we just weren't as aware of it. Now, we're informed ( or misinformed ) of every sneeze, fart, accusation, denial, and crazy theory................thanks to Twitter, Face butt and all the other instant messaging crap.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 08:56:25   #
Weasel
 
slatten49 wrote:
Agreed, Tom. Yet, the 'truth' lies in the mind of the beholder. And, many can't handle some truths.


So let Virginia lead the way
Show us what your made of./OR- This little piggy cried Wee, Wee, Wee, all the way home.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 08:56:57   #
PeterS (a regular here)
 
slatten49 wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-apos-chris-wallace-073338881.html

Fox News’ Chris Wallace has knocked Republicans’ double standard over House investigations into the Trump White House.

Wallace said on Friday’s broadcast of “Outnumbered” that he found it “kind of rich that Republicans are so outraged that there would be this kind of a hearing of the other party’s president and administration.”
It came during an analysis of acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker’s testimony before the House Judiciary Committee.

“You know, it’s not like Republicans sat on their hands when Barack Obama was president,” Wallace said. “They investigated Benghazi, they investigated Fast & Furious, they investigated the IRS, and you know, look, those were all legitimate issues to investigate. Sometimes they found some things, sometimes they didn’t find things.”

Wallace noted how it was all “part of oversight.”

“When Republicans are, have oversight of a branch of Congress or a house of Congress and they’re investigating a Democratic president, they’re gonna make life difficult for them, and now the Democrats are in control of the House and have the control of these committees,” he said.

“That’s the way it works.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-apos-chris-wal... (show quote)

Congress is charged with oversite. We didn't like it, conservatives don't like it. Both sides need to learn to deal with it.

Wallace and Shepard both seem to have retained their objectivity. The proof is that conservatives hate what they say...

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 09:02:10   #
jimpack123 (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
Congress is charged with oversite. We didn't like it, conservatives don't like it. Both sides need to learn to deal with it.

Wallace and Shepard both seem to have retained their objectivity. The proof is that conservatives hate what they say...


The Conservatives can't have there cake and eat it to

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 09:06:01   #
PeterS (a regular here)
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
The quest for power--fighting dirty--spreading false information----The political strategy has discouraged me. Just give me the truth. This country needs leadership that truly is dedicated to the well being and the advancement of the American people.. I want no lip service and sunshine blown up my ass. I want real action and real people in charge who don't whine about what others do but show me what they can do. These politicians need to get real--quit lying about each other and quit lying to us.
The quest for power--fighting dirty--spreading fal... (show quote)

It's become ideology over the common good. Pelosi could get DACA through for relatively little in terms of the wall. In 2017 they were ready to sign off on 25 billion for the wall and Trump is desperate to save face so trade him 4 billion for DACA and both sides can claim victory. What we can't do is put our government employee's through another pointless shutdown. They are the ones being punished and all for political grandstanding...

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 09:08:37   #
PeterS (a regular here)
 
jimpack123 wrote:
The Conservatives can't have their cake and eat it too

After the way they treated Obama I should be surprised at their behavior but sadly I'm not...

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 09:13:43   #
PJT
 
Wallace makes a valid point. The 2 major differences between now in 2019 and from 2015 and before is A. The Democrats are spewing total hate and venom with vulgar language; B. The media almost entirely is supporting the same 2019 Democrat game.
If Chris Wallace makes a valid point re. The GOP the left cheers him...until he disagrees with the left on anything else.
Actually, it was a much healthier nation when
the Media represented both sides and the middle, and when Dems. Were much friendlier and refrained from crude name-calling and false accusations.
I'm old enough to remember Sen. McCarthy wasn't as crude and hateful as the Dems are now. Nor were the Dems back then.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 09:29:20   #
jimpack123 (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
After the way they treated Obama I should be surprised at their behavior but sadly I'm not...


I can remember listing to Fox news and There Radio announcers ripping Obama before that Bush could do no wrong now Trump can do no wrong we had two dingdongs wrapped around a decent POTUS But the American voters have come to realize what a mistake we have in Trump We can only hope for a GOP challengers to run against this evil man

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 09:36:02   #
nwtk2007 (a regular here)
 
slatten49 wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-apos-chris-wallace-073338881.html

Fox News’ Chris Wallace has knocked Republicans’ double standard over House investigations into the Trump White House.

Wallace said on Friday’s broadcast of “Outnumbered” that he found it “kind of rich that Republicans are so outraged that there would be this kind of a hearing of the other party’s president and administration.”
It came during an analysis of acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker’s testimony before the House Judiciary Committee.

“You know, it’s not like Republicans sat on their hands when Barack Obama was president,” Wallace said. “They investigated Benghazi, they investigated Fast & Furious, they investigated the IRS, and you know, look, those were all legitimate issues to investigate. Sometimes they found some things, sometimes they didn’t find things.”

Wallace noted how it was all “part of oversight.”

“When Republicans are, have oversight of a branch of Congress or a house of Congress and they’re investigating a Democratic president, they’re gonna make life difficult for them, and now the Democrats are in control of the House and have the control of these committees,” he said.

“That’s the way it works.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-apos-chris-wal... (show quote)


So, OK,what is it that has happened that the "oversight" part of Congress is "overseeing?"

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 09:52:33   #
jimpack123 (a regular here)
 
nwtk2007 wrote:
So, OK,what is it that has happened that the "oversight" part of Congress is "overseeing?"


Trump and all of the above . There has never been a Presidency in so much turmoil in it's like watching a old Three Stooges movie or a newer movie would be Dumb and Dumber lol

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 10:25:27   #
Weasel
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
I know and I have to live among the many who would rather believe in those who share their pregudices even with reality right in front of their face.


Ok, here is reality right in front of your face Democrats in Virginia will try to keep the 2 White Guys in office, But ditch The Black Guy. There is your Prejudice
And Mr. Slatten those are some truths that you are talking about.
Come back?

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.