One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
The difference between Trump and a Transgender soldier...
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
Feb 10, 2019 02:32:45   #
PeterS (a regular here)
 
Yup...



| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 03:41:28   #
JW (a regular here)
 
z

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 03:42:15   #
JW (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
Yup...


Trump is risking his business empire and is risking assassination to serve America. What are you risking?

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 05:29:11   #
Bcon (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
Yup...


When have you ever defended the country?

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 05:47:22   #
old marine
 
Bcon wrote:
When have you ever defended the country?


The only thing he has ever defended is nothing but a Socialist agends.


🇺🇸 God bless America and President Trump.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 06:47:47   #
badbob85037 (a regular here)
 
They came up with one of those CNN stats that said 30% of our military was democrats. It sure has change since I served. It was like 0% were democrats that enlisted. Democrats were drafted. Average age was 30 because they fought it in the court system for 10 years. There might be a few democrats that enlisted but they are only there to watch your ass not cover it.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 07:22:18   #
Kevyn (a regular here)
 
badbob85037 wrote:
They came up with one of those CNN stats that said 30% of our military was democrats. It sure has change since I served. It was like 0% were democrats that enlisted. Democrats were drafted. Average age was 30 because they fought it in the court system for 10 years. There might be a few democrats that enlisted but they are only there to watch your ass not cover it.

The military tracks many things, but voter preference does not appear to be one of them. But the military newspapers do surveys, and they discover that the enlisted tend to be registered Democrats, at least at a higher percentage than general population, and the officers tend to be registered Republican. In both cases they tend to be slightly more conservative, but the most junior enlisted are more liberal. Voter registration is less than the average civilian population, and voter participation is lower too. Significantly, the more mobile the service member, the less likely he is to be registered or participate, and the more senior the member, the more likely to participate. There is a slight but significant difference in some other demographics, but otherwise they look like the civilian voter base. The major complaint military members have is that military votes are either not counted or arrive after the results are announced, or that their votes are uninformed or insignificant in midterm elections. This drives down participation.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 09:05:48   #
Bcon (a regular here)
 
Kevyn wrote:
The military tracks many things, but voter preference does not appear to be one of them. But the military newspapers do surveys, and they discover that the enlisted tend to be registered Democrats, at least at a higher percentage than general population, and the officers tend to be registered Republican. In both cases they tend to be slightly more conservative, but the most junior enlisted are more liberal. Voter registration is less than the average civilian population, and voter participation is lower too. Significantly, the more mobile the service member, the less likely he is to be registered or participate, and the more senior the member, the more likely to participate. There is a slight but significant difference in some other demographics, but otherwise they look like the civilian voter base. The major complaint military members have is that military votes are either not counted or arrive after the results are announced, or that their votes are uninformed or insignificant in midterm elections. This drives down participation.
The military tracks many things, but voter prefere... (show quote)


The first part of your item proves the adage that if you are young and naive, you are liberal. If you are older or more educated, you are conservative. Thanks for the post.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 13:44:01   #
old marine
 
Bcon wrote:
The first part of your item proves the adage that if you are young and naive, you are liberal. If you are older or more educated, you are conservative. Thanks for the post.


As an ex-marine officer I can agree with you.

Semper Fi

🇺🇸 God bless America and the Marine Corps.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 09:08:12   #
snowbear37
 
Bcon wrote:
The first part of your item proves the adage that if you are young and naive, you are liberal. If you are older or more educated, you are conservative. Thanks for the post.




When people are young and naïve, they generally have "no skin in the game", as they grow older and start making more money, they realize that liberals want to take that money and give it away, thus, they become more conservative. It's easy to give other peoples' money away and that's what the government does. The government does legally what Jesse James went to jail for.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 09:45:22   #
old marine
 
snowbear37 wrote:


When people are young and naïve, they generally have "no skin in the game", as they grow older and start making more money, they realize that liberals want to take that money and give it away, thus, they become more conservative. It's easy to give other peoples' money away and that's what the government does. The government does legally what Jesse James went to jail for.
img src="https://static.onepoliticalplaza.com/ima... (show quote)


The government wants 40% of my income. I wanted it spent on the wall/fence to protect American Citizen's but was told it had to go to the IRS so they can pay rich Senators to do nothing to protect our American citizens.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 09:56:04   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
The problem with the OP is the general public knows next to nothing about soldiers and unit cohesiveness. Add a woman to a group of fighting men and that woman will be someone's wife, sister or girlfriend. Men naturally want to protect women and that will have an adverse effect on how they operate.

Same with transgenders. What they want shouldn't be considered. The military has a job to do. Political correctness has no place in it.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 10:45:01   #
Bcon (a regular here)
 
snowbear37 wrote:


When people are young and naïve, they generally have "no skin in the game", as they grow older and start making more money, they realize that liberals want to take that money and give it away, thus, they become more conservative. It's easy to give other peoples' money away and that's what the government does. The government does legally what Jesse James went to jail for.
img src="https://static.onepoliticalplaza.com/ima... (show quote)



| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 11:03:55   #
old marine
 
Rose42 wrote:
The problem with the OP is the general public knows next to nothing about soldiers and unit cohesiveness. Add a woman to a group of fighting men and that woman will be someone's wife, sister or girlfriend. Men naturally want to protect women and that will have an adverse effect on how they operate.

Same with transgenders. What they want shouldn't be considered. The military has a job to do. Political correctness has no place in it.


I totally agree, women should never be allowed in a combat zone period.

There are many jobs in the military for a woman. Combat is not one of them.


🇺🇸 God bless America and our military.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 11:29:27   #
Pat Riot
 
I wouldn't want someone with gender dysphoria covering my 6. When you consider the stats regarding the suicide rate of homosexuals & transgenders to be 40%+, its not difficult to see why these troubled persons should not be our military. Only a "leader" with the same type of mental/emotional problems would have ever allowed this train wreck to happen in our armed forces in the first place. Thank you, Obysmal.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.