One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
"To be deep in History is to Cease to be Protestant." (=>)
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 next>>
Feb 10, 2019 12:17:25   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
Lonewolf wrote:
The thief on the cross had none of those things .
The vary moment Christ died on the cross we had direct accesses to GOD




quote=Radiance3]Lonewolf, you have a very good perception of why Protestants refuse to be Catholics. 'To be Deep In History is to Cease Being a Protestant.'

Here is what I thought.
Most protestants have difficulty following Christ mandates from the Catholic church.
501 years ago, Luther, denied Christ by creating own gospel via Scriptures alone and easy to follow.

Whereas in Catholics, there are Christ's mandates to be included in the worship of His church. Sacred Traditions of the Apostles, the Holy Scriptures, and the Magisterium. Notice that protestant did not have the rests of the 7 Scriptures. Because their Scriptures were selectively copied 501 years ago, from the Catholic Church, leaving some against the will of God.

Protestants do not have covenant with Christ. The Holy Communion.

: 1 Corinthians 11:23–26 Topic: The Lord’s Supper
23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread,
24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."
25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

There are two ordinances that the Lord Jesus commanded for his church to perform. One is baptism, the other the Lord's Supper

Protestants don't have the 7 Sacraments:
The Catholic Church recognizes seven sacraments:
Baptism.
Eucharist or Holy Communion
Confirmation.
Reconciliation.
Anointing of the sick.
Marriage.
Holy orders.

Protestants have difficulty following all these. They believe that as long as they have faith in Christ, they can have salvation.

Catholics believe that faith and works enhances salvation to heaven.
That is why the Catholic Church sends millions of dollars to the poor countries of the world to help them. They also send priests, nuns to provide medical care, to provide education, help build them water supplies, help build them home, teach them proper agriculture to harvest more from their seeds.

Often times, priests and nuns even when they have helped them, are killed by the natives specially in the Muslim countries.


BIBLE SAYS FAITH AND WORKS NEEDED FOR SALVATION
Sal Ciresi
During the Protestant Reformation in the early 1500s, a familiar term regarding salvation was "sola fide," Latin for "by faith alone." The reformers, at that time, accused the Catholic Church of departing from the "simple purity of the Gospel" of Jesus Christ. They stated it was faith alone, without works of any kind, that brought a believer to eternal life. They defined this faith as "the confidence of man, associated with the certainty of salvation, because the merciful Father will forgive sins because of Christ's sake."

This view of salvation is a crucial issue because it strikes at the very heart of the Gospel message eternal life. Roman Catholicism teaches that we are not saved by faith alone. The Church has taught this since 30 A.D. as part of the Divine Revelation. The truth of the Catholic Church's teaching can be demonstrated from Sacred Scripture alone.

All who claim the title "Christian" will be able to agree on the following two truths: salvation is by grace alone (Ephesians 2:8) and salvation is through Christ alone (Acts 4:12). These biblical facts will be our foundation as we explain the teaching of the Catholic Church.

If we take a concordance and look up every occurrence of the word "faith," we come up with an undeniable fact the only time the phrase "faith alone" is used in the entire Bible is when it is condemned (James 2:24). The epistle of James only mentions it in the negative sense.

The Bible tells us we must have faith in order to be saved (Hebrews 11:6). Yet is faith nothing more than believing and trusting? Searching the Scriptures, we see faith also involves assent to God's truth (1 Thessalonians 2:13), obedience to Him (Romans 1:5, 16:26), and it must be working in love (Galatians 5:6). These points appeared to be missed by the reformers, yet they are just as crucial as believing and trusting. (1 Corinthians 13:1-3) should be heeded by all it's certainly an attention grabber.
The thief on the cross had none of those things . ... (show quote)
[/quote]
=================
You can believe what you want Lonewolf. Only God could decide and judge that. I leave it to Him for final decision. That is why there are several thousands of protestant interpreters of their belief system. They could not agree with each other.

I believe God will finally decide on that.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 08:14:33   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
We might be closer than you think we do have communion and James said faith without works is dead.
What upsets me is this people or churches that say your saved by God's grace BUT then thay list the hoops they need to jump through to actually be saved. As the horrible death Christ experienced in order to take our sin by itself wasn't enough!



Radiance3 wrote:
Lonewolf, you have a very good perception of why Protestants refuse to be Catholics. 'To be Deep In History is to Cease Being a Protestant.'

Here is what I thought.
Most protestants have difficulty following Christ mandates from the Catholic church.
501 years ago, Luther, denied Christ by creating own gospel via Scriptures alone and easy to follow.

Whereas in Catholics, there are Christ's mandates to be included in the worship of His church. Sacred Traditions of the Apostles, the Holy Scriptures, and the Magisterium. Notice that protestant did not have the rests of the 7 Scriptures. Because their Scriptures were selectively copied 501 years ago, from the Catholic Church, leaving some against the will of God.

Protestants do not have covenant with Christ. The Holy Communion.

: 1 Corinthians 11:23–26 Topic: The Lord’s Supper
23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread,
24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."
25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

There are two ordinances that the Lord Jesus commanded for his church to perform. One is baptism, the other the Lord's Supper

Protestants don't have the 7 Sacraments:
The Catholic Church recognizes seven sacraments:
Baptism.
Eucharist or Holy Communion
Confirmation.
Reconciliation.
Anointing of the sick.
Marriage.
Holy orders.

Protestants have difficulty following all these. They believe that as long as they have faith in Christ, they can have salvation.

Catholics believe that faith and works enhances salvation to heaven.
That is why the Catholic Church sends millions of dollars to the poor countries of the world to help them. They also send priests, nuns to provide medical care, to provide education, help build them water supplies, help build them home, teach them proper agriculture to harvest more from their seeds.

Often times, priests and nuns even when they have helped them, are killed by the natives specially in the Muslim countries.


BIBLE SAYS FAITH AND WORKS NEEDED FOR SALVATION
Sal Ciresi
During the Protestant Reformation in the early 1500s, a familiar term regarding salvation was "sola fide," Latin for "by faith alone." The reformers, at that time, accused the Catholic Church of departing from the "simple purity of the Gospel" of Jesus Christ. They stated it was faith alone, without works of any kind, that brought a believer to eternal life. They defined this faith as "the confidence of man, associated with the certainty of salvation, because the merciful Father will forgive sins because of Christ's sake."

This view of salvation is a crucial issue because it strikes at the very heart of the Gospel message eternal life. Roman Catholicism teaches that we are not saved by faith alone. The Church has taught this since 30 A.D. as part of the Divine Revelation. The truth of the Catholic Church's teaching can be demonstrated from Sacred Scripture alone.

All who claim the title "Christian" will be able to agree on the following two truths: salvation is by grace alone (Ephesians 2:8) and salvation is through Christ alone (Acts 4:12). These biblical facts will be our foundation as we explain the teaching of the Catholic Church.

If we take a concordance and look up every occurrence of the word "faith," we come up with an undeniable fact the only time the phrase "faith alone" is used in the entire Bible is when it is condemned (James 2:24). The epistle of James only mentions it in the negative sense.

The Bible tells us we must have faith in order to be saved (Hebrews 11:6). Yet is faith nothing more than believing and trusting? Searching the Scriptures, we see faith also involves assent to God's truth (1 Thessalonians 2:13), obedience to Him (Romans 1:5, 16:26), and it must be working in love (Galatians 5:6). These points appeared to be missed by the reformers, yet they are just as crucial as believing and trusting. (1 Corinthians 13:1-3) should be heeded by all it's certainly an attention grabber.
Lonewolf, you have a very good perception of why P... (show quote)

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 10:08:19   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
Lonewolf wrote:
We might be closer than you think we do have communion and James said faith without works is dead.
What upsets me is this people or churches that say your saved by God's grace BUT then thay list the hoops they need to jump through to actually be saved. As the horrible death Christ experienced in order to take our sin by itself wasn't enough!

===============
Praise God, your are in the right direction Lonewolf. Keep on going, and He will guide you through.

God bless!

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 12:02:19   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
Radiance3 wrote:
================
Use your demented brain for your purpose. You have no manners and ethics.
I am not interested talking to Muslims like you deploracus. You claimed you are a Muslim. You are not worth of my time. Plus you cause me a lot of distress. Is that your goal? Get lost please.


Is this yet another demonstration of how Catholics love all people?

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 12:04:41   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
Rose42 wrote:
Is this yet another demonstration of how Catholics love all people?


To be fair...
My defense of Islam and Protestants probably does cause her distress...
And I have never claimed to be a Muslim...
Not once...

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 12:09:14   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
To be fair...
My defense of Islam and Protestants probably does cause her distress...
And I have never claimed to be a Muslim...
Not once...


Real or feigned I wonder.

I question anyone's motives when they carry on like this.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 12:16:52   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
Rose42 wrote:
Real or feigned I wonder.

I question anyone's motives when they carry on like this.


Attention seeking perhaps...

I went through the history of the FRS (excellent section) and saw how things escalated...
The tension between the Catholics and Protestants should have been ended monthes ago... Things really got out of control...

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 12:21:22   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Attention seeking perhaps...

I went through the history of the FRS (excellent section) and saw how things escalated...
The tension between the Catholics and Protestants should have been ended monthes ago... Things really got out of control...


I wouldn't call it tension. This is a forum.

That's what happens when people can't or won't answer legitimate questions and one person wants to dominate and set the rules. IMO it wouldn't have happened if the topics created were more minimal.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 12:24:56   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
Rose42 wrote:
I wouldn't call it tension. This is a forum.

That's what happens when people can't or won't answer legitimate questions and one person wants to dominate and set the rules. IMO it wouldn't have happened if the topics created were more minimal.


I agree...
There should be a limit to how many topics a member can post per day/week...

People are free to answer or ignore questions as they wish.... It's the manner they exercise that right in that is important...

I would just like Doc and Radiance to stop posting these personal issues on other parts of the forum...

And realize that no one has been slandered...
As we are all anonymous...

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 12:35:17   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
I agree...
There should be a limit to how many topics a member can post per day/week...

People are free to answer or ignore questions as they wish.... It's the manner they exercise that right in that is important...

I would just like Doc and Radiance to stop posting these personal issues on other parts of the forum...

And realize that no one has been slandered...
As we are all anonymous...


You want them to post this drivel on FRS? lol

They won't stop because they're trolls. They may be the same person. Who knows. There have been discussions with others of different faiths and nobody reacted as they do.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 14:54:18   #
Carol Kelly (a regular here)
 
archie bunker wrote:
Why do you hate Protestants so much?


Yeah, hating Protestants doesn’t make her a better Catholic or a good Christian.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 15:16:56   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
Rose42 wrote:
Is this yet another demonstration of how Catholics love all people?


================
I based my statement on facts. Do you now support Muslims or Islam who kill Christians all over the world? I don't, neither do I support any Muslim sympathizer like you, and Canuckus, whoever she/he is.
I don't want spending my valuable time with his brain.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 15:30:46   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
Radiance3 wrote:
================
I based my statement on facts. Do you now support Muslims or Islam who kill Christians all over the world? I don't, neither do I support any Muslim sympathizer like you, and Canuckus, whoever she/he is.
I don't want spending my valuable time with his brain.


Do you not love your enemy as Christ commanded you to? I am not a Muslim sympathizer but I don't hate Muslims.

Why is your time so valuable? And do you remember what the bible says about pride? God hates pride.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 15:56:31   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
Rose42 wrote:
Do you not love your enemy as Christ commanded you to? I am not a Muslim sympathizer but I don't hate Muslims.

Why is your time so valuable? And do you remember what the bible says about pride? God hates pride.

==============
I hope you love your enemy too. Instead of frequently labeling us Cults and Pagans. As I have said, we Catholics don't judge you or any religion. We allow God to judge all of us.

We always pray for love and serve the least of our brothers and sisters. I have documents to prove that.
We believe that faith and works enhance our Salvation. That is why we serve the least of our brothers and sisters, who are in need.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 15:57:56   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
Rose42 wrote:
Do you not love your enemy as Christ commanded you to? I am not a Muslim sympathizer but I don't hate Muslims.

Why is your time so valuable? And do you remember what the bible says about pride? God hates pride.


=============
It is not pride. It is about NOT entertaining those who are not of God's.
I don't waste my time with those who support evil. Psalm 1:1 Blessed are those who do not keep the company of the wicked. I have the right to choose my company and group who belong to God.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.