One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
"To be deep in History is to Cease to be Protestant." (=>)
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Feb 9, 2019 13:48:38   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
Feb 5, 2019 18:34:16 #

Radiance3 (a regular here) (online) Joined: Oct 21, 2014 Posts: 12814

Cardinal Newman said, "To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant."
Michelle Arnold August 04, 2011
SHARE
519

Full Question
John Henry Cardinal Newman once said, "To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant." If that is the case, why are there so many Protestant church historians, even patristics scholars, who never join the Catholic Church?

Answer
Newman’s maxim is not intended to be a "rule" that those Protestants versed in Church history "must" enter the Catholic Church. It is a general observation that Church history argues against Protestantism and that those Protestants who study history deeply many times realize that the Catholic Church is the true Church.

Ultimately, belief in the truth of Catholicism is a gift of faith given by God that must be accepted and acted upon by the recipient in order for the recipient to become Catholic. With Protestant historians, it may be that some, for whatever reason of divine Providence, were not given that gift; or that those who were given that gift did not accept it or act upon it for some reason. We must commend such people to God’s mercy, trusting that if these individuals follow him to the best of their ability according to the light of truth that they have, it may be possible for them to achieve salvation (cf. Lumen Gentium, 16).
==============

| Reply | Quote Reply | Report Issue

Feb 9, 2019 05:40:46 #
Zemirah (a regular here) Joined: Apr 15, 2013 Posts: 3225 Loc: Sojourner En Route...

The blood of Christ shed upon the cross once for all, ratified "the new or Christian covenant to the world, the ecclesia, and subsequently, to each new Christian." The evangelical covenant supersedes the Judaic, even as the sacrifice of Christ once for all, fulfils and supersedes the Levitical sacrifices.

Christian leaders, Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli belong to Jesus Christ for the ages.

The truth can destroy nothing that is not a lie to begin with.

The New Covenant was not and is not ratified through a dough wafer, baked as a memorial at Jesus request.

Jesus Christ is the mediator of the New Covenant, and His death on the cross and resurrection, is the only basis of the promise (Luke 22:20).

The New Covenant was predicted while the Old Covenant was still in effect—the prophets Moses, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel all allude to the New Covenant.

============
Radiance3 wrote:
Zemirah, your protests did do not have history. Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli are your history. They copied the Holy Scriptures of Christ from the Catholic church 501 years ago.

Christ and His Apostles history went beyond the 1,987 years when Christ created and dedicated His works of the Catholic Church to Saint Peter. Christ recognized the Apostles Sacred Traditions as he forward the gospel to Peter who was assigned to continue.

Matthew 16:13-21 New International Version (NIV)
Peter Declares That Jesus Is the Messiah
13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[a] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[b] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[c] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[d] loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

The Apostles had the Didache which Catholics have practiced for 1,987 years.

Your history Zemirah is Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli. They don't belong to Christ. You have NO covenant with Christ.

What you have now at present is the history of pastors selling the gospel of Christ worldwide for hundreds of millions of dollars, or billions of dollars. That is now your history. Google them and their thousands of wealthy faces glitter in gold under Lucifer.















quote=Zemirah : br br "Rather than denigrat... (show quote)

| Reply
Feb 9, 2019 13:56:42   #
Carol Kelly (a regular here)
 
[quote=Radiance3]Feb 5, 2019 18:34:16 #

Radiance3 (a regular here) (online) Joined: Oct 21, 2014 Posts: 12814

Cardinal Newman said, "To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant."
Michelle Arnold August 04, 2011
SHARE
519

Full Question
John Henry Cardinal Newman once said, "To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant." If that is the case, why are there so many Protestant church historians, even patristics scholars, who never join the Catholic Church?

Answer
Newman’s maxim is not intended to be a "rule" that those Protestants versed in Church history "must" enter the Catholic Church. It is a general observation that Church history argues against Protestantism and that those Protestants who study history deeply many times realize that the Catholic Church is the true Church.

Ultimately, belief in the truth of Catholicism is a gift of faith given by God that must be accepted and acted upon by the recipient in order for the recipient to become Catholic. With Protestant historians, it may be that some, for whatever reason of divine Providence, were not given that gift; or that those who were given that gift did not accept it or act upon it for some reason. We must commend such people to God’s mercy, trusting that if these individuals follow him to the best of their ability according to the light of truth that they have, it may be possible for them to achieve salvation (cf. Lumen Gentium, 16).
==============

| Reply | Quote Reply | Report Issue

Feb 9, 2019 05:40:46 #
Zemirah (a regular here) Joined: Apr 15, 2013 Posts: 3225 Loc: Sojourner En Route...

The blood of Christ shed upon the cross once for all, ratified "the new or Christian covenant to the world, the ecclesia, and subsequently, to each new Christian." The evangelical covenant supersedes the Judaic, even as the sacrifice of Christ once for all, fulfils and supersedes the Levitical sacrifices.

Christian leaders, Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli belong to Jesus Christ for the ages.

The truth can destroy nothing that is not a lie to begin with.

The New Covenant was not and is not ratified through a dough wafer, baked as a memorial at Jesus request.

Jesus Christ is the mediator of the New Covenant, and His death on the cross and resurrection, is the only basis of the promise (Luke 22:20).

The New Covenant was predicted while the Old Covenant was still in effect—the prophets Moses, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel all allude to the New Covenant.

============
Radiance3 wrote:
Zemirah, your protests did do not have history. Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli are your history. They copied the Holy Scriptures of Christ from the Catholic church 501 years ago.

Christ and His Apostles history went beyond the 1,987 years when Christ created and dedicated His works of the Catholic Church to Saint Peter. Christ recognized the Apostles Sacred Traditions as he forward the gospel to Peter who was assigned to continue.

Matthew 16:13-21 New International Version (NIV)
Peter Declares That Jesus Is the Messiah
13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[a] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[b] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[c] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[d] loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

The Apostles had the Didache which Catholics have practiced for 1,987 years.

Your history Zemirah is Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli. They don't belong to Christ. You have NO covenant with Christ.

What you have now at present is the history of pastors selling the gospel of Christ worldwide for hundreds of millions of dollars, or billions of dollars. That is now your history. Google them and their thousands of wealthy faces glitter in gold under Lucifer.















quote=Zemirah : br br "Rather than denigrat... (show quote)[/quote]

Being Protestant, I hardly know how to take this knowledge you bring. Please explain .

| Reply
Feb 9, 2019 15:20:22   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
Carol Kelly wrote:
Being Protestant, I hardly know how to take this knowledge you bring. Please explain .

=============
Carol, are you talking to me?
I suggest, please read the history of Christ and his Apostles. Christ created the Catholic Church since 1,987 years and ordered St Peter to continue and spread the Gospel to the world.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+16%3A13-20&version=KJV
Matthew 16:13-20 King James Version (KJV)
13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Christ honored the sacred Apostles Traditions, the Sacred Scriptures, and the Magisterium that He ordered to Saint Peter to be part of His Catholic Church.

| Reply
Feb 9, 2019 17:34:54   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
[quote=Radiance3]Feb 5, 2019 18:34:16 #

Radiance3 (a regular here) (online) Joined: Oct 21, 2014 Posts: 12814

Cardinal Newman said, "To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant."
Michelle Arnold August 04, 2011
SHARE
519

Full Question
John Henry Cardinal Newman once said, "To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant." If that is the case, why are there so many Protestant church historians, even patristics scholars, who never join the Catholic Church?

Answer
Newman’s maxim is not intended to be a "rule" that those Protestants versed in Church history "must" enter the Catholic Church. It is a general observation that Church history argues against Protestantism and that those Protestants who study history deeply many times realize that the Catholic Church is the true Church.

Ultimately, belief in the truth of Catholicism is a gift of faith given by God that must be accepted and acted upon by the recipient in order for the recipient to become Catholic. With Protestant historians, it may be that some, for whatever reason of divine Providence, were not given that gift; or that those who were given that gift did not accept it or act upon it for some reason. We must commend such people to God’s mercy, trusting that if these individuals follow him to the best of their ability according to the light of truth that they have, it may be possible for them to achieve salvation (cf. Lumen Gentium, 16).
==============

| Reply | Quote Reply | Report Issue

Feb 9, 2019 05:40:46 #
Zemirah (a regular here) Joined: Apr 15, 2013 Posts: 3225 Loc: Sojourner En Route...

The blood of Christ shed upon the cross once for all, ratified "the new or Christian covenant to the world, the ecclesia, and subsequently, to each new Christian." The evangelical covenant supersedes the Judaic, even as the sacrifice of Christ once for all, fulfils and supersedes the Levitical sacrifices.

Christian leaders, Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli belong to Jesus Christ for the ages.

The truth can destroy nothing that is not a lie to begin with.

The New Covenant was not and is not ratified through a dough wafer, baked as a memorial at Jesus request.

Jesus Christ is the mediator of the New Covenant, and His death on the cross and resurrection, is the only basis of the promise (Luke 22:20).

The New Covenant was predicted while the Old Covenant was still in effect—the prophets Moses, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel all allude to the New Covenant.

============
Radiance3 wrote:
Zemirah, your protests did do not have history. Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli are your history. They copied the Holy Scriptures of Christ from the Catholic church 501 years ago.

Christ and His Apostles history went beyond the 1,987 years when Christ created and dedicated His works of the Catholic Church to Saint Peter. Christ recognized the Apostles Sacred Traditions as he forward the gospel to Peter who was assigned to continue.

Matthew 16:13-21 New International Version (NIV)
Peter Declares That Jesus Is the Messiah
13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[a] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[b] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[c] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[d] loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

The Apostles had the Didache which Catholics have practiced for 1,987 years.

Your history Zemirah is Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli. They don't belong to Christ. You have NO covenant with Christ.

What you have now at present is the history of pastors selling the gospel of Christ worldwide for hundreds of millions of dollars, or billions of dollars. That is now your history. Google them and their thousands of wealthy faces glitter in gold under Lucifer.







when he said upon this rock jesus was refering to himself not peter







quote=Zemirah : br br "Rather than denigrat... (show quote)[/quote]

| Reply
Feb 9, 2019 18:37:53   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
Lonewolf, you have a very good perception of why Protestants refuse to be Catholics. 'To be Deep In History is to Cease Being a Protestant.'

Here is what I thought.
Most protestants have difficulty following Christ mandates from the Catholic church.
501 years ago, Luther, denied Christ by creating own gospel via Scriptures alone and easy to follow.

Whereas in Catholics, there are Christ's mandates to be included in the worship of His church. Sacred Traditions of the Apostles, the Holy Scriptures, and the Magisterium. Notice that protestant did not have the rests of the 7 Scriptures. Because their Scriptures were selectively copied 501 years ago, from the Catholic Church, leaving some against the will of God.

Protestants do not have covenant with Christ. The Holy Communion.

: 1 Corinthians 11:23–26 Topic: The Lord’s Supper
23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread,
24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."
25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

There are two ordinances that the Lord Jesus commanded for his church to perform. One is baptism, the other the Lord's Supper

Protestants don't have the 7 Sacraments:
The Catholic Church recognizes seven sacraments:
Baptism.
Eucharist or Holy Communion
Confirmation.
Reconciliation.
Anointing of the sick.
Marriage.
Holy orders.

Protestants have difficulty following all these. They believe that as long as they have faith in Christ, they can have salvation.

Catholics believe that faith and works enhances salvation to heaven.
That is why the Catholic Church sends millions of dollars to the poor countries of the world to help them. They also send priests, nuns to provide medical care, to provide education, help build them water supplies, help build them home, teach them proper agriculture to harvest more from their seeds.

Often times, priests and nuns even when they have helped them, are killed by the natives specially in the Muslim countries.


BIBLE SAYS FAITH AND WORKS NEEDED FOR SALVATION
Sal Ciresi
During the Protestant Reformation in the early 1500s, a familiar term regarding salvation was "sola fide," Latin for "by faith alone." The reformers, at that time, accused the Catholic Church of departing from the "simple purity of the Gospel" of Jesus Christ. They stated it was faith alone, without works of any kind, that brought a believer to eternal life. They defined this faith as "the confidence of man, associated with the certainty of salvation, because the merciful Father will forgive sins because of Christ's sake."

This view of salvation is a crucial issue because it strikes at the very heart of the Gospel message eternal life. Roman Catholicism teaches that we are not saved by faith alone. The Church has taught this since 30 A.D. as part of the Divine Revelation. The truth of the Catholic Church's teaching can be demonstrated from Sacred Scripture alone.

All who claim the title "Christian" will be able to agree on the following two truths: salvation is by grace alone (Ephesians 2:8) and salvation is through Christ alone (Acts 4:12). These biblical facts will be our foundation as we explain the teaching of the Catholic Church.

If we take a concordance and look up every occurrence of the word "faith," we come up with an undeniable fact the only time the phrase "faith alone" is used in the entire Bible is when it is condemned (James 2:24). The epistle of James only mentions it in the negative sense.

The Bible tells us we must have faith in order to be saved (Hebrews 11:6). Yet is faith nothing more than believing and trusting? Searching the Scriptures, we see faith also involves assent to God's truth (1 Thessalonians 2:13), obedience to Him (Romans 1:5, 16:26), and it must be working in love (Galatians 5:6). These points appeared to be missed by the reformers, yet they are just as crucial as believing and trusting. (1 Corinthians 13:1-3) should be heeded by all it's certainly an attention grabber.

| Reply
Feb 9, 2019 20:05:12   #
archie bunker (a regular here)
 
[quote=Radiance3]Feb 5, 2019 18:34:16 #

Radiance3 (a regular here) (online) Joined: Oct 21, 2014 Posts: 12814

Cardinal Newman said, "To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant."
Michelle Arnold August 04, 2011
SHARE
519

Full Question
John Henry Cardinal Newman once said, "To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant." If that is the case, why are there so many Protestant church historians, even patristics scholars, who never join the Catholic Church?

Answer
Newman’s maxim is not intended to be a "rule" that those Protestants versed in Church history "must" enter the Catholic Church. It is a general observation that Church history argues against Protestantism and that those Protestants who study history deeply many times realize that the Catholic Church is the true Church.

Ultimately, belief in the truth of Catholicism is a gift of faith given by God that must be accepted and acted upon by the recipient in order for the recipient to become Catholic. With Protestant historians, it may be that some, for whatever reason of divine Providence, were not given that gift; or that those who were given that gift did not accept it or act upon it for some reason. We must commend such people to God’s mercy, trusting that if these individuals follow him to the best of their ability according to the light of truth that they have, it may be possible for them to achieve salvation (cf. Lumen Gentium, 16).
==============

| Reply | Quote Reply | Report Issue

Feb 9, 2019 05:40:46 #
Zemirah (a regular here) Joined: Apr 15, 2013 Posts: 3225 Loc: Sojourner En Route...

The blood of Christ shed upon the cross once for all, ratified "the new or Christian covenant to the world, the ecclesia, and subsequently, to each new Christian." The evangelical covenant supersedes the Judaic, even as the sacrifice of Christ once for all, fulfils and supersedes the Levitical sacrifices.

Christian leaders, Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli belong to Jesus Christ for the ages.

The truth can destroy nothing that is not a lie to begin with.

The New Covenant was not and is not ratified through a dough wafer, baked as a memorial at Jesus request.

Jesus Christ is the mediator of the New Covenant, and His death on the cross and resurrection, is the only basis of the promise (Luke 22:20).

The New Covenant was predicted while the Old Covenant was still in effect—the prophets Moses, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel all allude to the New Covenant.

============
Radiance3 wrote:
Zemirah, your protests did do not have history. Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli are your history. They copied the Holy Scriptures of Christ from the Catholic church 501 years ago.

Christ and His Apostles history went beyond the 1,987 years when Christ created and dedicated His works of the Catholic Church to Saint Peter. Christ recognized the Apostles Sacred Traditions as he forward the gospel to Peter who was assigned to continue.

Matthew 16:13-21 New International Version (NIV)
Peter Declares That Jesus Is the Messiah
13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[a] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[b] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[c] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[d] loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

The Apostles had the Didache which Catholics have practiced for 1,987 years.

Your history Zemirah is Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli. They don't belong to Christ. You have NO covenant with Christ.

What you have now at present is the history of pastors selling the gospel of Christ worldwide for hundreds of millions of dollars, or billions of dollars. That is now your history. Google them and their thousands of wealthy faces glitter in gold under Lucifer.















quote=Zemirah : br br "Rather than denigrat... (show quote)[/quote]

Why do you hate Protestants so much?

| Reply
Feb 9, 2019 20:17:20   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
archie bunker wrote:
Why do you hate Protestants so much?

===============
I don't hate anybody. I am just reporting facts. I am a Catholic and we love all people, as Christ asks us to love one another as He loves us.

How about protestants at FRS calling Catholics as Cults and Pagans, therefore they go to hell. They become the JUDGE over God. Catholics don't judge protestants and other religion. We trust in God doing that. God is the final judge. God bless!

| Reply
Feb 9, 2019 21:54:59   #
TexaCan (a regular here)
 
Radiance3 wrote:
===============
I don't hate anybody. I am just reporting facts. I am a Catholic and we love all people, as Christ asks us to love one another as He loves us.

How about protestants at FRS calling Catholics as Cults and Pagans, therefore they go to hell. They become the JUDGE over God. Catholics don't judge protestants and other religion. We trust in God doing that. God is the final judge. God bless!


You keep claiming that you don’t judge anyone! Really! You just sent all Protestants that believe that the Catholic Church is a cult to Hell! Sounds like you’re judging to me!

Exactly where were you taught this, it’s not in the Bible?

| Reply
Feb 9, 2019 22:37:07   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
Here are examples TexaCan, your self-proclaimed pastors, with their various interpretation of their gospel. They became the JUDGE OVER GOD. Are you still lying?

1. Rose42 (a regular here) Joined: Nov 6, 2018 Posts: 1067
IMO Doc is helping to prove that Mary worship undoubtedly goes against Gods word and is idol worship. I read some of it and its all wordsmithing. It shows the pagan elements of Catholicism.

Radiance3 wrote:
You can pronounce to me all those evil words jack, but that does not change the facts of the law of Christ. Bottom line is Sola Scriptura is NOT within the compound of Christ authority.
--------------


jack sequim wa (a regular here) (online) Joined: Mar 16, 2014 Posts: 7246 Loc: Redding, CA
color=red]Jack Sequim's reply to me.Faithful cult follower


jack sequim wa (a regular here) (online) Joined: Mar 16, 2014 Posts: 7246 Loc: Redding, CA

br Jack Sequim, don't you unders... (show quote)

Sequim's reply:
Hilarious,
I'm going to start calling you Pete, because it's Pete and Repeat, Repeat the same dishonest cut and paste. The same because of the incapability to address scripture that proves your a cult follower in a counterfeit church, doctrines of demons.

As a born again believer in Jesus I know false teaching using God's Word, and God's Word says your Roman Catholic church and all defenders of the harlots are accursed.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 02:20:03   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
Radiance3 wrote:
Here are examples TexaCan, your self-proclaimed pastors, with their various interpretation of their gospel. They became the JUDGE OVER GOD. Are you still lying?

1. Rose42 (a regular here) Joined: Nov 6, 2018 Posts: 1067
IMO Doc is helping to prove that Mary worship undoubtedly goes against Gods word and is idol worship. I read some of it and its all wordsmithing. It shows the pagan elements of Catholicism.

Radiance3 wrote:
You can pronounce to me all those evil words jack, but that does not change the facts of the law of Christ. Bottom line is Sola Scriptura is NOT within the compound of Christ authority.
--------------


jack sequim wa (a regular here) (online) Joined: Mar 16, 2014 Posts: 7246 Loc: Redding, CA
color=red]Jack Sequim's reply to me.Faithful cult follower


jack sequim wa (a regular here) (online) Joined: Mar 16, 2014 Posts: 7246 Loc: Redding, CA

br Jack Sequim, don't you unders... (show quote)

Sequim's reply:
Hilarious,
I'm going to start calling you Pete, because it's Pete and Repeat, Repeat the same dishonest cut and paste. The same because of the incapability to address scripture that proves your a cult follower in a counterfeit church, doctrines of demons.

As a born again believer in Jesus I know false teaching using God's Word, and God's Word says your Roman Catholic church and all defenders of the harlots are accursed.
Here are examples TexaCan, your self-proclaimed p... (show quote)


These posts aren't even insults...
They are just opinions and conjecture...
The sort of thing one would expect to find on a forum... Especially one with a section on faith..

And you personally have made the same statements concerning other religions...
Pot and kettle...

Is there not a Catholic forum where you could feel safe and validated in your beliefs?

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 07:31:26   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
These posts aren't even insults...
They are just opinions and conjecture...
The sort of thing one would expect to find on a forum... Especially one with a section on faith..

And you personally have made the same statements concerning other religions...
Pot and kettle...

Is there not a Catholic forum where you could feel safe and validated in your beliefs?


================
Use your demented brain for your purpose. You have no manners and ethics.
I am not interested talking to Muslims like you deploracus. You claimed you are a Muslim. You are not worth of my time. Plus you cause me a lot of distress. Is that your goal? Get lost please.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 07:53:04   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
Radiance3 wrote:
================
Use your demented brain for your purpose. You have no manners and ethics.
I am not interested talking to Muslims like you deploracus. You claimed you are a Muslim. You are not worth of my time. Plus you cause me a lot of distress. Is that your goal? Get lost please.


I have never claimed I was a Muslim...

Lies cause us all distress...

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 08:04:02   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
I have never claimed I was a Muslim...

Lies cause us all distress...

=============
You've defended Muslims and protestants friends standing on the same platform. You continue and enjoy hurting me. I did not hurt you. Why do you enjoy hurting me? That is a work of a DEVIL! Stop it. I know you are human and could have feelings too, but the devil is pushing you.

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 08:08:45   #
Canuckus Deploracus (a regular here)
 
Radiance3 wrote:
=============
You've defended Muslims and protestants friends standing on the same platform. You continue and enjoy hurting me. I did not hurt you. Why do you enjoy hurting me? That is a work of a DEVIL! Stop it. I know you are human and could have feelings too, but the devil is pushing you.


I defend all faiths...
I have never been uncivil to you...

Stop posting these hypocritical threads and I will stop responding to them...

Religious bigotry is truly ugly...
THAT is the work of the devil...
Stop it, please...

| Reply
Feb 10, 2019 09:37:03   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
The thief on the cross had none of those things .
The vary moment Christ died on the cross we had direct accesses to GOD




quote=Radiance3]Lonewolf, you have a very good perception of why Protestants refuse to be Catholics. 'To be Deep In History is to Cease Being a Protestant.'

Here is what I thought.
Most protestants have difficulty following Christ mandates from the Catholic church.
501 years ago, Luther, denied Christ by creating own gospel via Scriptures alone and easy to follow.

Whereas in Catholics, there are Christ's mandates to be included in the worship of His church. Sacred Traditions of the Apostles, the Holy Scriptures, and the Magisterium. Notice that protestant did not have the rests of the 7 Scriptures. Because their Scriptures were selectively copied 501 years ago, from the Catholic Church, leaving some against the will of God.

Protestants do not have covenant with Christ. The Holy Communion.

: 1 Corinthians 11:23–26 Topic: The Lord’s Supper
23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread,
24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."
25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

There are two ordinances that the Lord Jesus commanded for his church to perform. One is baptism, the other the Lord's Supper

Protestants don't have the 7 Sacraments:
The Catholic Church recognizes seven sacraments:
Baptism.
Eucharist or Holy Communion
Confirmation.
Reconciliation.
Anointing of the sick.
Marriage.
Holy orders.

Protestants have difficulty following all these. They believe that as long as they have faith in Christ, they can have salvation.

Catholics believe that faith and works enhances salvation to heaven.
That is why the Catholic Church sends millions of dollars to the poor countries of the world to help them. They also send priests, nuns to provide medical care, to provide education, help build them water supplies, help build them home, teach them proper agriculture to harvest more from their seeds.

Often times, priests and nuns even when they have helped them, are killed by the natives specially in the Muslim countries.


BIBLE SAYS FAITH AND WORKS NEEDED FOR SALVATION
Sal Ciresi
During the Protestant Reformation in the early 1500s, a familiar term regarding salvation was "sola fide," Latin for "by faith alone." The reformers, at that time, accused the Catholic Church of departing from the "simple purity of the Gospel" of Jesus Christ. They stated it was faith alone, without works of any kind, that brought a believer to eternal life. They defined this faith as "the confidence of man, associated with the certainty of salvation, because the merciful Father will forgive sins because of Christ's sake."

This view of salvation is a crucial issue because it strikes at the very heart of the Gospel message eternal life. Roman Catholicism teaches that we are not saved by faith alone. The Church has taught this since 30 A.D. as part of the Divine Revelation. The truth of the Catholic Church's teaching can be demonstrated from Sacred Scripture alone.

All who claim the title "Christian" will be able to agree on the following two truths: salvation is by grace alone (Ephesians 2:8) and salvation is through Christ alone (Acts 4:12). These biblical facts will be our foundation as we explain the teaching of the Catholic Church.

If we take a concordance and look up every occurrence of the word "faith," we come up with an undeniable fact the only time the phrase "faith alone" is used in the entire Bible is when it is condemned (James 2:24). The epistle of James only mentions it in the negative sense.

The Bible tells us we must have faith in order to be saved (Hebrews 11:6). Yet is faith nothing more than believing and trusting? Searching the Scriptures, we see faith also involves assent to God's truth (1 Thessalonians 2:13), obedience to Him (Romans 1:5, 16:26), and it must be working in love (Galatians 5:6). These points appeared to be missed by the reformers, yet they are just as crucial as believing and trusting. (1 Corinthians 13:1-3) should be heeded by all it's certainly an attention grabber.[/quote]

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.