One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
donaled trump ended his presidency last night
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 next>>
Jan 10, 2019 09:29:37   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
1st admendet that the one Trump attracts every day
Funny in Obamas 8 years he only talked guns once when he asked congress to think of ways to prevent mentialy ill people from having them! But republicans love nuts with guns!



quote=lindajoy]No, wolf, they do not want to rewrite the Constitution, that falls squarely on the shoulders of the democrats that constantly attack it and want to eliminate it not just change it ...
Think the first and second amendments as examples~~~[/quote]

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 09:53:36   #
Peewee (a regular here)
 
Lonewolf wrote:
Taking a whole 8 minutes of prime time to spread more fake news and cooked border numbers all of which the American people have fact checked and found him lying about!
2 years over 8000 lies and counting who could believe anything he says!
On the bright side, they took his mike before he could fully explain to the American people that Afganistan invaded Russia.
and no matter what our intelligence says the Saudi crown prince is innocent!
Just as he sided with Putin in Helsinki


I see you're still having nightmares. Must be terrible.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 10:03:51   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
No im excited this nightmare is almost over trump hited 17 more lawyers soon there will be no one in the WH except trump and lawyers, he can't keep a candidate no one can work with him! Or wants too.
Now we know he did conspire with Russia to steal the election which also explains his support of Russia!




Peewee wrote:
I see you're still having nightmares. Must be terrible.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 10:11:30   #
jimpack123 (a regular here)
 
Pennylynn wrote:
There is nothing in the Constitution about abortion being a "right."
In the 1960s was a time of 'make love, not war' and sexual promiscuity was at such a level it make prostitution almost obsolete. With having many partners as often as possible produced an unwanted issue, other than STDs... unwanted children. From the end of WWII... until roe vs wade, live births in the US remained at about 23 to every 1,000 women (currently we are below 13 per 1,000). But, during WWII, women found themselves with careers... more important things to do that made them happy and having a baby was limiting. Many states had laws against abortion and this made some women unhappy. So they sued... the SCOUTS were under pressure... uphold the states' rights or bend to the very vocal, and tax paying, Democrats.

So, baring a specific Constitutional Right to kill an unborn child... the SCOUTS decided that it was a matter of "privacy." Although the Constitution does not guarantee anyone the right to privacy. But, they decided if they stood on their head, stuck out their tongue and crossed their eyes they could almost see privacy built into the Constitution. You see the "right" that Blackmun and the rest of the majority claimed to discover, right to privacy chief among them, was apparently unknown to the framers of the Fourteenth Amendment. At the time that Amendment was passed in 1868 there were laws against abortion in 36 states, including the very Texas law that the Court was now striking down. There apparently was no question concerning the validity of this provision or of any of the other state statutes when the Fourteenth Amendment was adopted. The only conclusion possible from this history is that the drafters did not intend to have the Fourteenth Amendment withdraw from the States the power to legislate with respect to this matter.

In the end, Roe v Wade had many problems.... there was no plaintiff, the Constitution does not guarantee a right to privacy.... and the 14th Amendment did not/does not apply because abortion was not a consideration when it was framed. The SCOUTS in 1973 simply made up meaning and inserted their personal preferences when deciding Roe v. Wade. An interesting, Norma McCorvey, the roe portion of the case never had an abortion and regretted her part in having this law passed. Finally, the right to life, which is Constitutional, was never considered in favor of sparing a child's life. For all that think that an embryo is nothing more than cells... science has confirmed that group of cells is human and that group of cells as early as 6 weeks in gestation feels pain. It is science... not religion or man made law... it is a fact.

So Tommy, although we came to the same conclusions from opposite directions.... you are absolutely right. I challenge anyone to find in the Constitution the right to Privacy.... which was the foundation of the roe v. wade.

There is nothing in the Constitution about abortio... (show quote)


I am a man lol but I believe that the women should have a choice. my question is the morning after pill is that abortion or the pill it's self stopping life from happening is that the same as ending before births. I mean god didn't give us the pill or condoms. IT's a slippery slope glad I am not a SCOTUS lol

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 10:25:13   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
Which would lead me to say a condom used could prevent a child from being born that I can't afford to raise



jimpack123 wrote:
I am a man lol but I believe that the women should have a choice. my question is the morning after pill is that abortion or the pill it's self stopping life from happening is that the same as ending before births. I mean god didn't give us the pill or condoms. IT's a slippery slope glad I am not a SCOTUS lol

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 10:33:43   #
padremike (a regular here)
 
woodguru wrote:
Imagine a republican centrist like...Garland? How about putting real judges that don't bring any bias to the law?


What is it that makes you so utterly stupid? Is it something you eat or drink or are you naturally this way?

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 11:01:48   #
jimpack123 (a regular here)
 
Lonewolf wrote:
Which would lead me to say a condom used could prevent a child from being born that I can't afford to raise


and so is noassatall lol

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 11:20:51   #
Pennylynn (a regular here)
 
The morning after pill is not an abortion. The reason is the hormone in the pill temporarily stops the release of an egg from the ovary or prevents the fertilization of an egg. So, it is not an abortion, it is prevention provided it is taken within 3 days (preference is 12 hours) after unprotected sex. Do you truly not know the difference between prevention of pregnancy as opposed to ending a life? I deliberately left religion out of my research into abortion..... I see no real reason to include it at this point. As for the Supreme Court, their job is to rule based on the Constitution... not what they religiously believe or what others want them to do.

jimpack123 wrote:
I am a man lol but I believe that the women should have a choice. my question is the morning after pill is that abortion or the pill it's self stopping life from happening is that the same as ending before births. I mean god didn't give us the pill or condoms. IT's a slippery slope glad I am not a SCOTUS lol

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 11:36:31   #
JFlorio (a regular here)
 
You might want to slow your roll. You’re looking really uninformed. Trump does not attack the First Amendment at all. He attacks the MSM’s abuse of the 1st Amendment. I am hopeful for you as I notice you must not have listened to Obama much in his eight years. .
Lonewolf wrote:
1st admendet that the one Trump attracts every day
Funny in Obamas 8 years he only talked guns once when he asked congress to think of ways to prevent mentialy ill people from having them! But republicans love nuts with guns!



quote=lindajoy]No, wolf, they do not want to rewrite the Constitution, that falls squarely on the shoulders of the democrats that constantly attack it and want to eliminate it not just change it ...
Think the first and second amendments as examples~~~
[/quote]

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 11:40:47   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
Pennylynn wrote:
The morning after pill is not an abortion. The reason is the hormone in the pill temporarily stops the release of an egg from the ovary or prevents the fertilization of an egg. So, it is not an abortion, it is prevention provided it is taken within 3 days (preference is 12 hours) after unprotected sex. Do you truly not know the difference between prevention of pregnancy as opposed to ending a life? I deliberately left religion out of my research into abortion..... I see no real reason to include it at this point. As for the Supreme Court, their job is to rule based on the Constitution... not what they religiously believe or what others want them to do.
The morning after pill is not an abortion. The re... (show quote)



| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 11:46:59   #
jimpack123 (a regular here)
 
Pennylynn wrote:
The morning after pill is not an abortion. The reason is the hormone in the pill temporarily stops the release of an egg from the ovary or prevents the fertilization of an egg. So, it is not an abortion, it is prevention provided it is taken within 3 days (preference is 12 hours) after unprotected sex. Do you truly not know the difference between prevention of pregnancy as opposed to ending a life? I deliberately left religion out of my research into abortion..... I see no real reason to include it at this point. As for the Supreme Court, their job is to rule based on the Constitution... not what they religiously believe or what others want them to do.
The morning after pill is not an abortion. The re... (show quote)


I was being sarcastic lol ok I believe that it is a woman's choice.Not your choice unless you are pregnant then it is your choice. that is my opinion and the law end of story!

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 11:54:30   #
Jakebrake (a regular here)
 
Pennylynn wrote:
I disagree... the polls this morning showed his popularity among Republicans is still very high... and some Democrats are now seeing who the obstructionists are in DC.

I think we should start keeping a running number that Liberals on OPP lie... or in DC... How many 'misinformed' posts have you created?


Living 11 miles south of Boulder, CO we are over run by the liberal mindset, however in my outings recently, to the senior center, coffee house, beer joint, (I like my Budweiser) and library I have found some die hard democrats absolutely disgusted and appalled with the antics of Schumer & Pelosi. Maybe there is some hope yet coming out of this blue enclave.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 11:55:08   #
padremike (a regular here)
 
jimpack123 wrote:
I was being sarcastic lol ok I believe that it is a woman's choice.Not your choice unless you are pregnant then it is your choice. that is my opinion and the law end of story!


If "the law" was the "end of the story" then why we're the leftist killers so hysterically reactive over the Kavanaugh selection? Progressives made a huge error when they legitimized sin and integrated religion and politics.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 12:09:10   #
Pennylynn (a regular here)
 
It has always been the woman's choice. Women have been aborting their children for thousands of years. I would not presume to tell someone how to manage their sex life.
The discussion was about roe v wade and if the decision was the right decision.
Based on the Constitution, I believe they made a very bad mistake. They should have declined the case. Now it is such a part of the customary management of pregnancy that it will be almost impossible to over turn.
jimpack123 wrote:
I was being sarcastic lol ok I believe that it is a woman's choice.Not your choice unless you are pregnant then it is your choice. that is my opinion and the law end of story!

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 12:11:08   #
waltmoreno (a regular here)
 
Pennylynn wrote:
I disagree... the polls this morning showed his popularity among Republicans is still very high... and some Democrats are now seeing who the obstructionists are in DC.

I think we should start keeping a running number that Liberals on OPP lie... or in DC... How many 'misinformed' posts have you created?


Exactly right Pennylynn!
Trump's supporters are more behind him than ever. And those who don't have a fatal case of TDS and the few fence straddlers remaining, are starting to see that Trump's just talking common sense. I'm thinking he's going to win and get his wall, by whatever means necessary, and that he's win reelection in a landslide. And all but the most die-hard never-Trumpers (like I was) will come around and see that Trump was right.
Reminds me of when Reagan refused to freeze nuclear proliferation. It seemed like the entire country was demonstrating at nuclear freeze rallies. Even his daughter. True to form, Reagan even upped the ante. He proposed Star Wars! And with that he broke the back of communism and won the cold war. Without firing a shot.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.