One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Wall nuts
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 next>>
Jan 13, 2019 10:44:53   #
Coos Bay Tom (a regular here)
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Disagree...
There is no guarantee that the oppressed of today won't become the oppressors of tomorrow...
That would just end up like the middle east... Pointless, never ending conflicts....Whose victors would more likely than not turn on the US...

Secure your borders and put your own house in order... The wall, E-verify, more stringent enforcement of existing laws, tightening of loopholes, even Baffalo's idea (I heard it First from him) concerning a military presence on the border...
And find politicians who are willing to represent Americans first...

Agree... No more aid to dictators and failed/ corrupt governments...

Disagree... br There is no guarantee that the opp... (show quote)
Seems reasonable. My border here is the Pacific Ocean-- believe it or not we have Bulgarian and romanian sailers jump ship here

| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 11:14:05   #
Bad Bob
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
If what they do affects us it is our buisness



| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 12:22:28   #
lindajoy (a regular here)
 
Bad Bob wrote:
I bet the Federalist has never made a correction or made a retract.


Or BuzzFeed, right?? Owned by whom??

| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 12:29:09   #
Bad Bob
 
lindajoy wrote:
Or BuzzFeed, right?? Owned by whom??


?????????

| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 12:30:37   #
lindajoy (a regular here)
 
buffalo wrote:
He doesn't do that. He tries to make others jump through hoops to prove something while he just posts silly irrelevant cartoons and pictures of himself.


Well then he goes by what he thinks he knows..

There’s another on here that spews garbage unsupported by articles and then belittles others for not posting an article in support.. Will also lie ri ght through was just pisted by sayi g oh that’s not what I said..... That one cracks me up.. The spin just does not work, lolol

I have decided they can do their own work..That way they see for themself what the facts are, not that they will admit it..

| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 12:31:49   #
lindajoy (a regular here)
 
Bad Bob wrote:
?????????


Jonah Peretti and John S. Johnson III. Kenneth Lerer, co-founder and chairman of The Huffington Post, started as a co-founder and investor in BuzzFeed and is now the executive chairman as well.

| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 12:41:54   #
lindajoy (a regular here)
 
That’s the real issue.~~ Enactment of immigration laws .. Something the dems don ‘t want to do~~ elections coming and all..
Birth right citizen of illegals, DACA that is as illegal as it comes with BO even admitting it~~No more than a certain amount allowed in regardless of ethnicity etc..

The wall is needed but forget that, got another 15K coming~~ shut down all borders now for a good five years so we may concentrate on the illegals already here getting them out!!! Wr spend 120 billion a year on illegals, enough already???

Secure our homeland, health issues they bring in, all that money to use on our sick,!old, children, and our gosh dang homeless vets!! Not one excuse can justify them being homeless while we are throwing billions away to foreign nations and illegals!!!

Stop it now!!
Goooooooo Trump!!!

Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
"The bulk of the problem, from the perspective of the safety and security of America and Americans, will be fixed by a border wall and related security measures.
"

Exactly...

Also stricter and more effective/efficient deportations of violaters...[/quote]

| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 12:49:52   #
lindajoy (a regular here)
 
buffalo wrote:
Bad boob doesn't understand...

The Federalist is a right leaning online OPINION magazine with a strong anti-gay bias.

In September 2013, co-founder Ben Domenech, a conservative writer and TV commentator, wrote that The Federalist was inspired by the worldview of the original TIME magazine, which he described as "[leaning] to the political right, with a small-c conservatism equipped with a populist respect for the middle class reader outside of New York and Washington, and an abiding love for America at a time when snark and cynicism were not considered substitutes for smart analysis."

The Federalist is an online magazine that covers politics, policy, culture, and religion. It was co-founded by Ben Domenech, a conservative writer and TV commentator, and Sean Davis. According to Domenech, the site has "a viewpoint that rejects the assumptions of the media establishment" and says it is dedicated to discussing "the philosophical underpinnings of the day's debate" instead of focusing on what he calls "the horserace or the personalities."
Bad boob doesn't understand... br br The Federali... (show quote)


I learned that about the Federalist too in my vetting process .. Decided just another that purports to recite the truth until you check out their stories..

| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 14:08:04   #
Seth (a regular here)
 
buffalo wrote:
Albert Einstein once said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Security, my ASS!

Why would the US interference in sovereign countries internal affairs be any different now than the disaster for not only the native populations of those countries while supporting and enriching brutal dictators but also to the American taxpayers as well as history has shown? The US needs to mind its own fv(k!n9 business!


Until that other country's business overflows into our business and suddenly it's part of our business, whether we like it or not, in a big, tragic and expensive way.

Unfortunately, the position of the United States in the world and particularly this hemisphere, coupled with our across-the-board liberty tend to create a security need to observe carefully what is transpiring not only around the world, but in our own backyard and determine where it's leading and what effect, if any, it will ultimately have on America and the American people.

Then address the problem, diplomatically or otherwise, so it doesn't progress to an American problem.

Many of our worst internal problems occur because we have allowed them, by not paying particular attention to them, to grow from staunchable problems to national security issues.

How do you feel about our generation's arguably lazy lack of proactiveness coming home to roost in your children's or grandchildren's time? Is that your legacy to them?

| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 15:27:49   #
bdamage
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
Seems reasonable. My border here is the Pacific Ocean-- believe it or not we have Bulgarian and romanian sailers jump ship here


There must be some pretty good Romanian restaurants there then huh?

So if Trump was a drag queen.....



| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 16:39:46   #
lindajoy (a regular here)
 
Bad Bob wrote:
That's what I thought, nothing. Chase my BS.


Since we were just didcussing CNN faked and manipulative news article I thought of you when reafing this one..

CNN has finally responded to the exploding scandal surrounding the far-left cable news channel’s revealing “border wall” interaction with San Diego TV station KUSI this week.

As my colleague Robert Kraychik reporter earlier, KUSI reports that the anti-Trump outlet contacted them looking for someone to come on the air and report about Trump’s border wall. CNN claimed it was looking for a local perspective on the issue.

According to KUSI, though, once CNN discovered that KUSI’s past reports look positively on the effectiveness of the local border wall, CNN ran away and wanted no part of that narrative.

To their great credit, KUSI took to the air to inform their audience of this on Thursday morning:

On Friday, CNN finally responded to the growing criticism, and mixed in with the last-place cable channel’s imperial tone, the statement is filled with fake news and confirmation of KUSI’s reporting.

We called several local stations to book someone for a show. We didn’t end up booking any of them. That happens many times every single day,” CNN’s public relations team sniffed. “We did, however, book a reporter from KUSI for a story on immigration and the border wall in November. This is a non story.”

Because, you see, it is CNN that will decide what is and is not a story..

<snip> more to read should you wish...

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/01/11/nolte-cnn-confirms-kusi-report-about-border-wall-blow-off/

| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 16:43:00   #
Seth (a regular here)
 
lindajoy wrote:
Since we were just didcussing CNN faked and manipulative news article I thought of you when reafing this one..

CNN has finally responded to the exploding scandal surrounding the far-left cable news channel’s revealing “border wall” interaction with San Diego TV station KUSI this week.

As my colleague Robert Kraychik reporter earlier, KUSI reports that the anti-Trump outlet contacted them looking for someone to come on the air and report about Trump’s border wall. CNN claimed it was looking for a local perspective on the issue.

According to KUSI, though, once CNN discovered that KUSI’s past reports look positively on the effectiveness of the local border wall, CNN ran away and wanted no part of that narrative.

To their great credit, KUSI took to the air to inform their audience of this on Thursday morning:

On Friday, CNN finally responded to the growing criticism, and mixed in with the last-place cable channel’s imperial tone, the statement is filled with fake news and confirmation of KUSI’s reporting.

We called several local stations to book someone for a show. We didn’t end up booking any of them. That happens many times every single day,” CNN’s public relations team sniffed. “We did, however, book a reporter from KUSI for a story on immigration and the border wall in November. This is a non story.”

Because, you see, it is CNN that will decide what is and is not a story..

<snip> more to read should you wish...

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/01/11/nolte-cnn-confirms-kusi-report-about-border-wall-blow-off/
Since we were just didcussing CNN faked and manipu... (show quote)


Let Bad Bob look THAT up in his Funk & Wagnall's.

| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 16:53:47   #
Bad Bob
 
lindajoy wrote:
Since we were just didcussing CNN faked and manipulative news article I thought of you when reafing this one..

CNN has finally responded to the exploding scandal surrounding the far-left cable news channel’s revealing “border wall” interaction with San Diego TV station KUSI this week.

As my colleague Robert Kraychik reporter earlier, KUSI reports that the anti-Trump outlet contacted them looking for someone to come on the air and report about Trump’s border wall. CNN claimed it was looking for a local perspective on the issue.

According to KUSI, though, once CNN discovered that KUSI’s past reports look positively on the effectiveness of the local border wall, CNN ran away and wanted no part of that narrative.

To their great credit, KUSI took to the air to inform their audience of this on Thursday morning:

On Friday, CNN finally responded to the growing criticism, and mixed in with the last-place cable channel’s imperial tone, the statement is filled with fake news and confirmation of KUSI’s reporting.

We called several local stations to book someone for a show. We didn’t end up booking any of them. That happens many times every single day,” CNN’s public relations team sniffed. “We did, however, book a reporter from KUSI for a story on immigration and the border wall in November. This is a non story.”

Because, you see, it is CNN that will decide what is and is not a story..

<snip> more to read should you wish...

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/01/11/nolte-cnn-confirms-kusi-report-about-border-wall-blow-off/
Since we were just didcussing CNN faked and manipu... (show quote)


Lj do you think breitbart is a reliable news source?

| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 17:05:06   #
Bad Bob
 
Seth wrote:
Let Bad Bob look THAT up in his Funk & Wagnall's.


A perfect source for your bull shit.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/breitbart/

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE
A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
Overall, we rate Breitbart Questionable based on extreme right wing bias and publication of numerous false claims.


Detailed Report
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Failed Fact Checks
Country: USA
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
History
Breitbart News is a conservative news and opinion website founded in 2007 by Andrew Breitbart (1969–2012). He was a conservative commentator and entrepreneur “a former liberal from Los Angeles who became a conservative” wrote Jonah Engel Bromwich of the NY Times. Breitbart News under his leadership generated news coverage that was praised by the right for its populist, anti-establishment voice, on the left however, he was also accused of being a provocateur and misleading. Andrew Breitbart also co-founded the Huffington Post.

After Andrew Breitbart died in 2012, former investment banker for Goldman Sachs, Stephen Bannon became the executive chairman of Breitbart. Under Bannon the website became more nationalist and a vocal outlet of the alt-right movement. According to Sarah Posner from Mother Jones, during her interview with Bannon, he described Breitbart News as “a platform to the alt-right.” Bannon, who was chief executive of the Trump campaign, and then White House chief strategist for seven months before returning to Breitbart News, had stepped down from his position at Breitbart in 2018.


Larry Solov is the co-founder and CEO of Breitbart News and Alex Marlow serves as editor-in-chief.
Funded by / Ownership
After the death of Andrew Breitbart in 2012, Larry Solov became CEO and president of Breitbart News. In 2017, according to Politico, Larry Solov revealed the owner of Breitbart as “himself, founder Andrew Breitbart’s widow, Susie Breitbart, and the Republican mega donor family, the Mercers.” Further, Solov also made a statement that he wants “to disclose as little as possible about financial and ownership structure.”

Analysis / Bias

Breitbart consist of various sections called Big Government, Big Journalism, Big Hollywood, National Security, Tech, Sports, and Wired.
Breitbart uses sensational emotionally loaded language in their headlines such as “Obama Loses 2 Million+ Followers During Twitter Fake Account Purge.” They utilize sources such as tabloid entertainment magazine Variety, and credible sources such as Bloomberg. as well as factually mixed sources such as the Daily Mail.
Under the Big Hollywood section they publish tabloid stories such as “Fashion Notes: Melania Trump is Posh and Proper for Final Day in England” utilizing fashion sources such as farfetch.com
In general, the majority of published stories favor the right and are highly pro-Trump in tone and story selection.
and story selection.
A factual search reveals numerous failed fact checks by IFCN Fact Checkers. Here are just a few of many as an example:
Breitbart Duped by Fake News (Again) (False)
Following Joe Kennedy’s speech, Breitbart says Fall River, Mass. not built by immigrants (False)
Breitbart gets the wrong Loretta Lynch in Whitewater claim (Pants on Fire)
Did Planned Parenthood ‘Team Up’ With Satanists to Promote Abortion Rights in Missouri? (False)
Trump’s ISIS Conspiracy Theory (False)
Overall, we rate Breitbart Questionable based on extreme right wing bias and publication of numerous false claims. (M. Huitsing 7/14/2018)
Source: http://www.breitbart.com/

| Reply
Jan 13, 2019 17:18:13   #
Seth (a regular here)
 
Bad Bob wrote:
A perfect source for your bull shit.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/breitbart/

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE
A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
Overall, we rate Breitbart Questionable based on extreme right wing bias and publication of numerous false claims.


Detailed Report
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Failed Fact Checks
Country: USA
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
History
Breitbart News is a conservative news and opinion website founded in 2007 by Andrew Breitbart (1969–2012). He was a conservative commentator and entrepreneur “a former liberal from Los Angeles who became a conservative” wrote Jonah Engel Bromwich of the NY Times. Breitbart News under his leadership generated news coverage that was praised by the right for its populist, anti-establishment voice, on the left however, he was also accused of being a provocateur and misleading. Andrew Breitbart also co-founded the Huffington Post.

After Andrew Breitbart died in 2012, former investment banker for Goldman Sachs, Stephen Bannon became the executive chairman of Breitbart. Under Bannon the website became more nationalist and a vocal outlet of the alt-right movement. According to Sarah Posner from Mother Jones, during her interview with Bannon, he described Breitbart News as “a platform to the alt-right.” Bannon, who was chief executive of the Trump campaign, and then White House chief strategist for seven months before returning to Breitbart News, had stepped down from his position at Breitbart in 2018.


Larry Solov is the co-founder and CEO of Breitbart News and Alex Marlow serves as editor-in-chief.
Funded by / Ownership
After the death of Andrew Breitbart in 2012, Larry Solov became CEO and president of Breitbart News. In 2017, according to Politico, Larry Solov revealed the owner of Breitbart as “himself, founder Andrew Breitbart’s widow, Susie Breitbart, and the Republican mega donor family, the Mercers.” Further, Solov also made a statement that he wants “to disclose as little as possible about financial and ownership structure.”

Analysis / Bias

Breitbart consist of various sections called Big Government, Big Journalism, Big Hollywood, National Security, Tech, Sports, and Wired.
Breitbart uses sensational emotionally loaded language in their headlines such as “Obama Loses 2 Million+ Followers During Twitter Fake Account Purge.” They utilize sources such as tabloid entertainment magazine Variety, and credible sources such as Bloomberg. as well as factually mixed sources such as the Daily Mail.
Under the Big Hollywood section they publish tabloid stories such as “Fashion Notes: Melania Trump is Posh and Proper for Final Day in England” utilizing fashion sources such as farfetch.com
In general, the majority of published stories favor the right and are highly pro-Trump in tone and story selection.
and story selection.
A factual search reveals numerous failed fact checks by IFCN Fact Checkers. Here are just a few of many as an example:
Breitbart Duped by Fake News (Again) (False)
Following Joe Kennedy’s speech, Breitbart says Fall River, Mass. not built by immigrants (False)
Breitbart gets the wrong Loretta Lynch in Whitewater claim (Pants on Fire)
Did Planned Parenthood ‘Team Up’ With Satanists to Promote Abortion Rights in Missouri? (False)
Trump’s ISIS Conspiracy Theory (False)
Overall, we rate Breitbart Questionable based on extreme right wing bias and publication of numerous false claims. (M. Huitsing 7/14/2018)
Source: http://www.breitbart.com/
A perfect source for your bull shit. br br https:... (show quote)


So what's your point?

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.