One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Trump's speech and Schumer/Pelosi "rebuttal"
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 next>>
Jan 9, 2019 20:35:46   #
theotts
 
EmilyD wrote:
Then what are they living on? How do they pay for mortgage or rent? How do they buy food, pay for health care and education? Is it because corporations are illegally hiring them to work? Read this: https://www.gao.gov/products/HEHS-98-30

"GAO noted that: (1) in fiscal year (FY) 1995, about $1.1 billion in Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) and Food Stamp benefits were provided to households with an illegal alien parent for the use of his or her citizen child...."


Precisely. They're working and paying taxes. $1.1 billion will not pay for the wall, even supposing the proposal would eliminate most of that expense. The contention was that billions (plural) would be saved by preventing their coming here and going on the dole.
Incidentally, rates of employment, when broken out racially/ethnically/by nation of origin are highest among Hispanics.
Many of the corporations that hire immigrants do so because they cannot otherwise fill the jobs they offer. A very large reason for the relatively cheap food we enjoy is cheap immigrant labor.

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 20:36:06   #
EmilyD (a regular here)
 
emarine wrote:
Our government already owns all the hi tech equipment we need to close off our southern border... too bad Trump was clueless before he sold us a wall... Trump's not man enough to admit any fault... just look at the farm bailout bill needed because of Trumps trade war for more wasted billions... how about our insane national debt in trumps booming economy... delusional...


If the government already owns the hi tech equipment, then why aren't they using it? Why haven't past Presidents used it? Could it be that it would have to go through Congress to approve using it? Well, we all know how that would go, so what's your point?

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 21:12:53   #
Comment
 
emarine wrote:
Trump said that Mexico would pay for his wall... not us... Trump basically sold us a free lunch but now he demands payment... everyone knows there's no such thing as a free lunch in politics except Trump... even Mexico told Trump to kiss their ass... I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand...


Emarine: U are ignorant. Trump said Mexico will pay for it. TRUMP can cut $300,000 annual foreign aid to Mexico and another $600,000 from central America until eternality. TRUMP has negotiated a new trade deal that will bring in millions of extra $. Man, U open your mouth and your brain falls out.

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 21:55:16   #
kankune
 
oldroy wrote:
The saddest part of this day is that the media, even Fox, allowed those two haters to have time for their rebuttal, if you can call it that.

I don't remember a time in my life when our president made a speech like this one and the people of the other party got time to try to make him look bad. I guess I may not want to live in this country a lot longer but I am older than Bader Ginsburg and will admit I have to die sometime. I sure don't want the left to push me out, though. Things have sure enough gone so far overhill that I don't like too much that goes on.
The saddest part of this day is that the media, ev... (show quote)

All Schumer needed was to hold a pitchfork and we could of had a good old show of Hee Haw!! LMAO...

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 21:56:49   #
kankune
 
jSmitty45 wrote:
That would be wonderful. This is nothing but rebuttal of anything he tries to do. He is trying to protect us, but they don't care about our country. They just want open doors, and let all the scum in, votes for them!


I believe I here the "yellow vest" movement talking to us.

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 22:05:45   #
EmilyD (a regular here)
 
kankune wrote:
All Schumer needed was to hold a pitchfork and we could of had a good old show of Hee Haw!! LMAO...

Schumer was braying like a donkey, and Pelosi looked like a deer in the headlights.

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 22:11:13   #
kankune
 
EmilyD wrote:
Schumer was braying like a donkey, and Pelosi looked like a deer in the headlights.


She looked like she had been in make up for hours and that was the only thing holding her face together. Had to be careful talking so the face wouldn't crack!!

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 22:18:55   #
EmilyD (a regular here)
 
kankune wrote:
She looked like she had been in make up for hours and that was the only thing holding her face together. Had to be careful talking so the face wouldn't crack!!


She probably has to have lessons on how to talk with one pound of makeup on her face and not showing any wrinkles when she smiles...she's 78 years old!

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 22:20:18   #
Mikeyavelli (a regular here)
 
emarine wrote:
Like trump you repeat yourself... open border crossing is a small part of a large problem... over staying work visas are a big part of it... who's going to protect trumps wall in the middle of nowhere ?...


They won't be able to breach the wall in the middle of nowhere.

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 22:27:22   #
Mikeyavelli (a regular here)
 
EmilyD wrote:
Schumer was braying like a donkey, and Pelosi looked like a deer in the headlights.


Pelosi looks like if she had another face lift she'd be wearing a goatee.

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 22:27:35   #
EmilyD (a regular here)
 
Mikeyavelli wrote:
They won't be able to breach the wall in the middle of nowhere.

LOL Mikeyavelli!

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 22:28:46   #
kemmer (a regular here)
 
EmilyD wrote:
I really hope that Americans can now finally see what's going on. President Trump said he willing to use all the things that Pelosi and Schumer want (drones, more border patrol agents, computer monitoring etc.) as well as a high, see-through, steel fence/wall. That is all he wants. Schumer/Pelosi are not willing to compromise. That is the crux of this whole thing. They could do both what Schumer/Pelosi want AND what Trump wants, but NOOOOOOO, they want it only their way. Schumer wants to separate the wall issue from the government shutdown...and made it look like little children and others are suffering....when Americans are being killed and sold mega drugs!

This absolutely shows all of us Americans that the Democrats will not give Trump his main campaign promise to us (who really want it because we elected him because of it) because they just don't like that he won. Trump will NOT cave on this. And Schumer is wrong, wrong, wrong....this shutdown is all on him, Pelosi and the Democrats....NOT Trump. Bottom line:Trump is willing to compromise, they are not.
I really hope that Americans can now finally see w... (show quote)

That’s a pile of garbage; Trump wants his idiotic wall or he’ll keep the gov’t. shut down indefinitely, no matter how many people It hurts.

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 22:28:54   #
EmilyD (a regular here)
 
Mikeyavelli wrote:
Pelosi looks like if she had another face lift she'd be wearing a goatee.

Stop making me bend over with belly laughing! Too funny, Mikey

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 22:31:25   #
EmilyD (a regular here)
 
kemmer wrote:
That’s a pile of garbage; Trump wants his idiotic wall or he’ll keep the gov’t. shut down indefinitely, no matter how many people It hurts.

Trump's wall is not idiotic. How can a wall be idiotic? Trump is not the one keeping the gov't shut down...he is our (and your) President and is negotiating for his campaign promise to the American people who elected him because he promised it. Believe me...Trump will get his wall.And it will be an effective one.

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 22:32:11   #
Mikeyavelli (a regular here)
 
kemmer wrote:
That’s a pile of garbage; Trump wants his idiotic wall or he’ll keep the gov’t. shut down indefinitely, no matter how many people It hurts.


Oh, but the kommiecrats will keep the government shut down because they won't agree to 5 billion to reopen their precious government.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.