One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
The Reason Cohen Got Jail Time
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Dec 12, 2018 14:28:49   #
Liberty Tree (a regular here)
 
Cohen got jail time because those who want to get Trump wanted to increase his credibility. if he got no jail time it could be said he sold out Trump to save himself. By giving him a little time they hope to defuse that argument. By the time he is scheduled to start his sentence the Mueller investigation will be over. Also, if he appeals he will probably be allowed to remain out of jail pending his appeal. Do not count on Cohen serving time in the near future, if at all.

| Reply
Dec 12, 2018 14:36:14   #
Kevyn (a regular here)
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
Cohen got jail time because those who want to get Trump wanted to increase his credibility. if he got no jail time it could be said he sold out Trump to save himself. By giving him a little time they hope to defuse that argument. By the time he is scheduled to start his sentence the Mueller investigation will be over. Also, if he appeals he will probably be allowed to remain out of jail pending his appeal. Do not count on Cohen serving time in the near future, if at all.

How is he going to appeal a sentence he received as part of a plea agreement?

| Reply
Dec 12, 2018 14:38:26   #
Liberty Tree (a regular here)
 
Kevyn wrote:
How is he going to appeal a sentence he received as part of a plea agreement?


By saying he was coerced.

| Reply
Dec 12, 2018 14:43:30   #
Blade_Runner (a regular here)
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
Cohen got jail time because those who want to get Trump wanted to increase his credibility. if he got no jail time it could be said he sold out Trump to save himself. By giving him a little time they hope to defuse that argument. By the time he is scheduled to start his sentence the Mueller investigation will be over. Also, if he appeals he will probably be allowed to remain out of jail pending his appeal. Do not count on Cohen serving time in the near future, if at all.
Cohen goes to prison in March, 2019. In return for a reduced sentence, Mueller is going to use the time remaining to press Cohen for as much dirt on Trump as he can get from him.

I wonder what would happen if Trump pardoned Cohen right now.

| Reply
Dec 12, 2018 14:47:22   #
proud republican (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
Cohen goes to prison in March, 2019. In return for a reduced sentence, Mueller is going to use the time remaining to press Cohen for as much dirt on Trump as he can get from him.

I wonder what would happen if Trump pardoned Cohen right now.


There is no way in hell Trump will pardon this asshole!!!...No way in hell!!!

| Reply
Dec 12, 2018 14:49:34   #
Liberty Tree (a regular here)
 
proud republican wrote:
There is no way in hell Trump will pardon this asshole!!!...No way in hell!!!


Agreed.

| Reply
Dec 12, 2018 14:51:54   #
Liberty Tree (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
Cohen goes to prison in March, 2019. In return for a reduced sentence, Mueller is going to use the time remaining to press Cohen for as much dirt on Trump as he can get from him.

I wonder what would happen if Trump pardoned Cohen right now.


Do not count on him going. If he does it will be in a nice federal prison country club and not serve the full sentence.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.