One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Home | Political Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main
The Police Can't Be Everywhere...
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Dec 6, 2018 18:24:08   #
Seth (a regular here)
 
...as anti-gun "progressives" seem to believe.

https://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-woman-kills-jail-escapee-kicks-her-door-181806403.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_02

Had this elderly lady not possessed a firearm, even a 911 call couldn't have saved her from whatever this escaped felon had in mind, unless there was a patrol car sitting in her driveway.

In truth, I'm actually a little surprised that Yahoo! News published this, since most of the media tends to ignore any shootings unless they can be used to villify gun ownership, despite the many times a year law abiding citizens' lives, loved ones and property are saved thanks to gun ownership.

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 18:48:06   #
Liberty Tree (a regular here)
 
Seth wrote:
...as anti-gun "progressives" seem to believe.

https://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-woman-kills-jail-escapee-kicks-her-door-181806403.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_02

Had this elderly lady not possessed a firearm, even a 911 call couldn't have saved her from whatever this escaped felon had in mind, unless there was a patrol car sitting in her driveway.

In truth, I'm actually a little surprised that Yahoo! News published this, since most of the media tends to ignore any shootings unless they can be used to villify gun ownership, despite the many times a year law abiding citizens' lives, loved ones and property are saved thanks to gun ownership.
...as anti-gun "progressives" seem to be... (show quote)


I live in a rural area where the time for law enforcement to respond is at least 20 minutes. One had better be ready to defend oneself.

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 19:24:16   #
peter11937
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
I live in a rural area where the time for law enforcement to respond is at least 20 minutes. One had better be ready to defend oneself.


Police are not required to protect YOU, but the general population, if they miss you, too bad , you're SOL.

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 19:45:11   #
Liberty Tree (a regular here)
 
peter11937 wrote:
Police are not required to protect YOU, but the general population, if they miss you, too bad , you're SOL.


That is why I believe in the second amendment.

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 19:46:04   #
Seth (a regular here)
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
That is why I believe in the second amendment.


Amen to that!

http://www.americanrifleman.org/the-armed-citizen/

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 20:15:40   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
Seth wrote:
...as anti-gun "progressives" seem to believe.

https://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-woman-kills-jail-escapee-kicks-her-door-181806403.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_02

Had this elderly lady not possessed a firearm, even a 911 call couldn't have saved her from whatever this escaped felon had in mind, unless there was a patrol car sitting in her driveway.

In truth, I'm actually a little surprised that Yahoo! News published this, since most of the media tends to ignore any shootings unless they can be used to villify gun ownership, despite the many times a year law abiding citizens' lives, loved ones and property are saved thanks to gun ownership.
...as anti-gun "progressives" seem to be... (show quote)


There was a deputy here long since retired, he used to tell people, if you're going to be shooting at each other...burn all of your powder, then call.

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 20:18:20   #
Smedley_buzkill (a regular here)
 
Seth wrote:
...as anti-gun "progressives" seem to believe.

https://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-woman-kills-jail-escapee-kicks-her-door-181806403.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_02

Had this elderly lady not possessed a firearm, even a 911 call couldn't have saved her from whatever this escaped felon had in mind, unless there was a patrol car sitting in her driveway.

In truth, I'm actually a little surprised that Yahoo! News published this, since most of the media tends to ignore any shootings unless they can be used to villify gun ownership, despite the many times a year law abiding citizens' lives, loved ones and property are saved thanks to gun ownership.
...as anti-gun "progressives" seem to be... (show quote)


About four years ago, my wife took a little temp job at a local store to make a little extra Christmas money. It was about a mile from our house. I got a call from her saying they were about to be robbed. I was there in about 2 1/2 minutes. It was nearly forty minutes before the cops got there. When I got there, the punks in question were just leaving as the manager had locked the door right before they came in.
Yeah, right. Dial 911.

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 20:46:11   #
Seth (a regular here)
 
byronglimish wrote:
There was a deputy here long since retired, he used to tell people, if you're going to be shooting at each other...burn all of your powder, then call.


Reminds me of a cop I once dealt with when I was issued a CCW permit years back, who said, "If you have to shoot, make sure your weapon is empty when you're done, so we only have to listen to one story..."

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 20:48:21   #
Seth (a regular here)
 
Smedley_buzkill wrote:
About four years ago, my wife took a little temp job at a local store to make a little extra Christmas money. It was about a mile from our house. I got a call from her saying they were about to be robbed. I was there in about 2 1/2 minutes. It was nearly forty minutes before the cops got there. When I got there, the punks in question were just leaving as the manager had locked the door right before they came in.
Yeah, right. Dial 911.


Hell, at least they'd've been there in time to "take a report."

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 22:10:43   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
Seth wrote:
Reminds me of a cop I once dealt with when I was issued a CCW permit years back, who said, "If you have to shoot, make sure your weapon is empty when you're done, so we only have to listen to one story..."


That's the truth too. Cops don't shoot to wound either.

| Reply
Dec 7, 2018 01:14:50   #
Seth (a regular here)
 
byronglimish wrote:
That's the truth too. Cops don't shoot to wound either.


Aim for the largest body mass, the torso, because in shoot-to-live situations there's never time to do anything but stay alive.

| Reply
Dec 7, 2018 01:39:28   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
Seth wrote:
Aim for the largest body mass, the torso, because in shoot-to-live situations there's never time to do anything but stay alive.


Very true!

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2018 IDF International Technologies, Inc.