One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Home | Political Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main
Did anyone watch the funeral?
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 next>>
Dec 6, 2018 02:17:48   #
PeterS (a regular here)
 
I ask because while all the presidents and their spouses were reciting the Apostles Creed Donald and Melania were acting like they were atheists and had no earthly clue what it was. I'm a bit surprised given Trump's love of the church and the sweet Lord Jesus Christ (he said so himself with his own two lips) plus you would think that someone might brief him on how the event was likely to start. I mean hell, you could even see the mouths moving of that fine young Muslim couple Barack and Michelle Obama so you would have thought that Melania and Donald would have given it the ole Christian try. No, they just stared stonely straight ahead while everyone else around them gave it their best while Donald and his wonderful spouse behaved like they were Jewish like Jared and his lovely wife Ivanka. So sad...

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-melania-trump-dont-pray-apostle-creed-sing-hymns-obamas-clintons-1245879?utm_source=GoogleNewsstandUS&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Partnersh&fbclid=IwAR0JM6kM8MHC2BdPmi8vo4PbIJJqJtt4l2KErT2h7O0mV4yBrazkQxqrqZI

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 02:37:59   #
proud republican (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
I ask because while all the presidents and their spouses were reciting the Apostles Creed Donald and Melania were acting like they were atheists and had no earthly clue what it was. I'm a bit surprised given Trump's love of the church and the sweet Lord Jesus Christ (he said so himself with his own two lips) plus you would think that someone might brief him on how the event was likely to start. I mean hell, you could even see the mouths moving of that fine young Muslim couple Barack and Michelle Obama so you would have thought that Melania and Donald would have given it the ole Christian try. No, they just stared stonely straight ahead while everyone else around them gave it their best while Donald and his wonderful spouse behaved like they were Jewish like Jared and his lovely wife Ivanka. So sad...

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-melania-trump-dont-pray-apostle-creed-sing-hymns-obamas-clintons-1245879?utm_source=GoogleNewsstandUS&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Partnersh&fbclid=IwAR0JM6kM8MHC2BdPmi8vo4PbIJJqJtt4l2KErT2h7O0mV4yBrazkQxqrqZI
I ask because while all the presidents and their s... (show quote)


What does being Jewish have to do with anything?????........Just because they haven not been opening their mouths, doesnt mean they didnt know what reciting Apostles Creed was all about......And BTW do you really have to pick on President at this time??????????.......You really have no shame????...Can you wait until Friday when 41 will be put to rest???

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 02:56:13   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
proud republican wrote:
What does being Jewish have to do with anything?????........Just because they haven not been opening their mouths, doesnt mean they didnt know what reciting Apostles Creed was all about......And BTW do you really have to pick on President at this time??????????.......You really have no shame????...Can you wait until Friday when 41 will be put to rest???




A reprobate has no shame in their game...A low life has no respect for anything. Only a scumbag punk would lack the integrity to give it a rest for a minute. A lower than whale shit waste of skin, would be such a coward. Do you know anyone like this?

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 02:58:03   #
karpenter (a regular here)
 
Meanwhile:
Hillary Bitterly Ignores The Trumps
And Bill Sits With His Goofy Mouth Dangling Open





| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 03:06:28   #
Blade_Runner (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
I ask because while all the presidents and their spouses were reciting the Apostles Creed Donald and Melania were acting like they were atheists and had no earthly clue what it was. I'm a bit surprised given Trump's love of the church and the sweet Lord Jesus Christ (he said so himself with his own two lips) plus you would think that someone might brief him on how the event was likely to start. I mean hell, you could even see the mouths moving of that fine young Muslim couple Barack and Michelle Obama so you would have thought that Melania and Donald would have given it the ole Christian try. No, they just stared stonely straight ahead while everyone else around them gave it their best while Donald and his wonderful spouse behaved like they were Jewish like Jared and his lovely wife Ivanka. So sad...

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-melania-trump-dont-pray-apostle-creed-sing-hymns-obamas-clintons-1245879?utm_source=GoogleNewsstandUS&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Partnersh&fbclid=IwAR0JM6kM8MHC2BdPmi8vo4PbIJJqJtt4l2KErT2h7O0mV4yBrazkQxqrqZI
I ask because while all the presidents and their s... (show quote)
I puzzled. Why would an atheistic, secular humanistic, pro-gay, Christian hater give a shit about the Apostles Creed or any other Christian prayer?

Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Jesus Christ - Sermon on the mount.

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 04:50:49   #
Singularity (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
I puzzled. Why would an atheistic, secular humanistic, pro-gay, Christian hater give a shit about the Apostles Creed or any other Christian prayer?

Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Jesus Christ - Sermon on the mount.
I puzzled. Why would an atheistic, secular humanis... (show quote)

Are you claiming Mr. Trump is secretly busy at performing random acts of religious devotion, alms giving and brotherly kindness, we just don't see it because of his modesty?

What a relief!

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 05:49:31   #
Blade_Runner (a regular here)
 
Singularity wrote:
Are you claiming Mr. Trump is secretly busy at performing random acts of religious devotion, alms giving and brotherly kindness, we just don't see it because of his modesty?

What a relief!
As far as I can tell from my post, I didn't claim anything, I was just wondering why a fuking atheist Christian hater is at the pulpit sermonizing. I said not a word about president Trump. You smokin' that weird shit again? Hope it wasn't a cook-up.

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 06:22:01   #
Singularity (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
As far as I can tell from my post, I didn't claim anything, I was just wondering why a fuking atheist Christian hater is at the pulpit sermonizing. I said not a word about president Trump. You smokin' that weird shit again? Hope it wasn't a cook-up.

I am unable to imbibe at present since I have pneumonia/laryngitis. Fever is gone today and food stayed down, so I'm on the mend, no worries.

You referenced a biblical injunction that one should perform one's good works and godly devotions and prayers privately and not for showy public demonstrations in a thread discussion showcasing observations regarding Mr. and Ms. Trump's nonparticipation in the responsorial portion of the funeral service.

I idiosyncratically assumed that was your point in reference to the topic at hand. As you claim it was not, I shall patiently await further illumination from your future regurgitations. No need to trouble yourself for any further disagreeable posts detailing your attitude towards my medical treatment team's recommendations. I got that covered, thanks.

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 06:37:58   #
eden
 
byronglimish wrote:
A reprobate has no shame in their game...A low life has no respect for anything. Only a scumbag punk would lack the integrity to give it a rest for a minute. A lower than whale shit waste of skin, would be such a coward. Do you know anyone like this?


I assume you are referring to Donald Trump. Your description fits to a tee.

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 06:56:42   #
rebob14
 
PeterS wrote:
I ask because while all the presidents and their spouses were reciting the Apostles Creed Donald and Melania were acting like they were atheists and had no earthly clue what it was. I'm a bit surprised given Trump's love of the church and the sweet Lord Jesus Christ (he said so himself with his own two lips) plus you would think that someone might brief him on how the event was likely to start. I mean hell, you could even see the mouths moving of that fine young Muslim couple Barack and Michelle Obama so you would have thought that Melania and Donald would have given it the ole Christian try. No, they just stared stonely straight ahead while everyone else around them gave it their best while Donald and his wonderful spouse behaved like they were Jewish like Jared and his lovely wife Ivanka. So sad...

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-melania-trump-dont-pray-apostle-creed-sing-hymns-obamas-clintons-1245879?utm_source=GoogleNewsstandUS&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Partnersh&fbclid=IwAR0JM6kM8MHC2BdPmi8vo4PbIJJqJtt4l2KErT2h7O0mV4yBrazkQxqrqZI
I ask because while all the presidents and their s... (show quote)


A: The ex-Presidents were not reciting it, they were reading it
B: The Creed is a specifically Catholic expression..........a Protestant should NOT recite it as it agrees with the concept of the Pope as intercessor when Jesus expressly forbade it. You should not criticize what you don’t understand!

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 06:58:12   #
Singularity (a regular here)
 
eden wrote:
I assume you are referring to Donald Trump. Your description fits to a tee.



| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 07:09:53   #
Singularity (a regular here)
 
rebob14 wrote:
A: The ex-Presidents were not reciting it, they were reading it
B: The Creed is a specifically Catholic expression..........a Protestant should NOT recite it as it agrees with the concept of the Pope as intercessor when Jesus expressly forbade it. You should not criticize what you don’t understand!

It references the catholic (lower case indicating an adjective or descriptive clause) nature of Christian doctrine overall, not specifically the Roman Catholic (upper case indicating a proper noun) denomination. And this creed is used by many Protestant, historically non Catholic denominations as well. I see no reference to papal influence. Perhaps you could kindly illuminate some small point I am overlooking in support of your claim that it does. Or perhaps you find it guilty simply from historical association with the Roman Catholic denomination?



| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 07:42:57   #
nwtk2007 (a regular here)
 
proud republican wrote:
What does being Jewish have to do with anything?????........Just because they haven not been opening their mouths, doesnt mean they didnt know what reciting Apostles Creed was all about......And BTW do you really have to pick on President at this time??????????.......You really have no shame????...Can you wait until Friday when 41 will be put to rest???


The others know all too well the cameras are rolling and thus they "move their mouths" to make it look like they are reciting it. LOL!
What a show.

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 08:09:24   #
lpnmajor (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
I ask because while all the presidents and their spouses were reciting the Apostles Creed Donald and Melania were acting like they were atheists and had no earthly clue what it was. I'm a bit surprised given Trump's love of the church and the sweet Lord Jesus Christ (he said so himself with his own two lips) plus you would think that someone might brief him on how the event was likely to start. I mean hell, you could even see the mouths moving of that fine young Muslim couple Barack and Michelle Obama so you would have thought that Melania and Donald would have given it the ole Christian try. No, they just stared stonely straight ahead while everyone else around them gave it their best while Donald and his wonderful spouse behaved like they were Jewish like Jared and his lovely wife Ivanka. So sad...

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-melania-trump-dont-pray-apostle-creed-sing-hymns-obamas-clintons-1245879?utm_source=GoogleNewsstandUS&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Partnersh&fbclid=IwAR0JM6kM8MHC2BdPmi8vo4PbIJJqJtt4l2KErT2h7O0mV4yBrazkQxqrqZI
I ask because while all the presidents and their s... (show quote)


Trump was too busy imagining his own funeral; "Donald single handedly saved America from extinction", "Donald was the kindest, most loving, most self effacing, most humble man that ever walked the earth", "Donald went without sleep for years on end, carefully guiding a world bent on self destruction back to peace and prosperity", "Donald's keen insight, astute observations and near divine memory........"

Who has time to listen to dweebs drone on about some two bit hack's life, when you've got the biggest, grandest and most lavish funeral to plan?

| Reply
Dec 6, 2018 08:10:48   #
Singularity (a regular here)
 
nwtk2007 wrote:
The others know all too well the cameras are rolling and thus they "move their mouths" to make it look like they are reciting it. LOL!
What a show.


Matt 7: 1-2

I am seeing numerous threads demonstrating an overly optimistic dependence upon a rampant, delusional, Vulcan Mind Meld type abilty! It seems that some humans seem to believe they can judge the abiding inner private thoughts, feelings and motives of others from brief scripted snippets of edited video coverage of their partial countenance a during an emotionally stressful public event.

From both sides of the partisan divide.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2018 IDF International Technologies, Inc.