One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
This Will Be My Final Thread On This Site.... #5
This topic is locked to prevent further replies.
This discussion was started in a previous topic. You can find it here.
This discussion is continued in a new topic. You can find it here.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 99 next>>
 
This topic was split up because it has reached high page count.
You can find the follow-up topic here.
 
Dec 21, 2018 08:52:04   #
bdamage Loc: My Bunker
 
Verse of the Day for Friday, December 21, 2018

While [Joseph and Mary] were [in Bethlehem], the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
—Luke 2:6-7

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

I've always been amazed at how God chose to place his Son into our world. He could have done it any way he wanted. But he chose this way — to enter the world in difficult times under difficult circumstances as a helpless infant who must be cared for by parents who were vulnerable to so many frailties. Yet in spite of the challenges that lay ahead and the bewildering mystery that confronted them, Joseph and Mary — along with everyone around them — were caught up in the great joy of this new child. Thank God for such new hope!

My Prayer...

Give me a heart of faith, O God, so that I might always see your sovereignty and grace being poured out on me in special ways. I am thrilled that you, the Creator and Sustainer of the entire universe, chose to enter my world as a child. Thank you for trusting your wonderful salvation to human flesh so we could know that you deemed us worthy of entering our world to make us right for yours. In the name of your Son, Jesus. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.



| Reply
Dec 21, 2018 09:14:40   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
bdamage wrote:
Verse of the Day for Friday, December 21, 2018

While [Joseph and Mary] were [in Bethlehem], the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
—Luke 2:6-7

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

I've always been amazed at how God chose to place his Son into our world. He could have done it any way he wanted. But he chose this way — to enter the world in difficult times under difficult circumstances as a helpless infant who must be cared for by parents who were vulnerable to so many frailties. Yet in spite of the challenges that lay ahead and the bewildering mystery that confronted them, Joseph and Mary — along with everyone around them — were caught up in the great joy of this new child. Thank God for such new hope!

My Prayer...

Give me a heart of faith, O God, so that I might always see your sovereignty and grace being poured out on me in special ways. I am thrilled that you, the Creator and Sustainer of the entire universe, chose to enter my world as a child. Thank you for trusting your wonderful salvation to human flesh so we could know that you deemed us worthy of entering our world to make us right for yours. In the name of your Son, Jesus. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Verse of the Day for Friday, December 21, 2018 br ... (show quote)



| Reply
Dec 21, 2018 10:42:05   #
bdamage Loc: My Bunker
 
Here is a CHRISTmas gift for everyone....including Bob and tNot.



| Reply
Dec 21, 2018 10:46:37   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
bdamage wrote:
Here is a CHRISTmas gift for everyone....including Bob and tNot.


Why would anybody want everlasting life?

| Reply
Dec 21, 2018 10:49:45   #
Rose42
 
Bad Bob wrote:
Why would anybody want everlasting life?


Why would anyone ask that question?

| Reply
Dec 21, 2018 10:54:08   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
Rose42 wrote:
Why would anyone ask that question?


You can't answer?

| Reply
Dec 21, 2018 10:56:32   #
Rose42
 
Bad Bob wrote:
You can't answer?


Of course I can. The real question is why wouldn't anyone want it. You'd rather be snuffed out for eternity?

| Reply
Dec 21, 2018 11:19:30   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
Rose42 wrote:
Of course I can. The real question is why wouldn't anyone want it. You'd rather be snuffed out for eternity?


Not living in a fairy tale, yes. Where do you think "eternity" is?

| Reply
Dec 21, 2018 11:20:59   #
eagleye13 Loc: Fl
 
Rose42 wrote:
Of course I can. The real question is why wouldn't anyone want it. You'd rather be snuffed out for eternity?


Booby has nothing to live for. Quite sad.

| Reply
Dec 21, 2018 12:12:36   #
eagleye13 Loc: Fl
 
eagleye13 wrote:
Amem and Amen

May America continue to awaken from her slumber.
https://static.onepoliticalplaza.com/upload/2018/7/30/t1-332725-mat5_14_16.jpg


Trump announced we are getting out of Syria again.
IMO; Trump has figured out the BS.

Syria puzzle explained
Who thinks the BS presented by the MSM makes sense?
Who will take the time to give this thought?
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to figure this out;
The Syria BS Really Bothers Me!
This is what does not add up, but why we have supposedly stayed in Syria. (years now)
Assad gassed his own people, was the cry to reverse Trump’s announcement the US was leaving Syria.
The Syrian War What You're Not Being Told
Can anyone come up with a legitimate motive for Assad to gas his people?
His opposition sure had motive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkamZg68jpk
The Covert Origins of ISIS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMjXbuj7BPI&feature=player_detailpage

Now lets examine the players:
Wesley Clark Told The Truth
https://youtu.be/LAFHOHIiFZA
Hillary Clinton spills the beans at the inauguration of the new office for Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) in Washington, D.C. Some have said it was simply a slip of the tongue but whatever the perception is Clinton frankly revealed who's running the show in these United States:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2T-5Pd3oYY
Dick Cheney; Director at CIA:
https://youtu.be/XOAk-7F1EVU
Our CFR foreign Policy
Hillary Clinton spills the beans at the inauguration of the new office for Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) in Washington, D.C. Some have said it was simply a slip of the tongue but whatever the perception is Clinton frankly revealed who's running the show in these United States:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2T-5Pd3oYY

Now lets reflect on who did what, and why we attacked who?
Saudi Sunnis were the perps on 911. ( who was really behind them?)
Saudis are aligned with Israelis and Big Money/PTB.
BUT the US attacked Iraq. The country that was keeping Iran in check.
Syria is Shiite and not Sunni.
Syria with Russia’s help has wiped out ISIS. America did not contrary to our MSM.
Assad is still going after ISIS; but the US has been aligned with ISIS there. AND is still going after Assad. Why???

| Reply
Dec 22, 2018 08:49:22   #
bdamage Loc: My Bunker
 
Verse of the Day for Saturday, December 22, 2018

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."—Luke 2:8-11

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Shepherds and the glory of the Lord in the same sentence. Shepherds enjoyed a great heritage in Israel with Abraham, Moses, and David as notable shepherds and God being identified through Psalm 23 as a great shepherd. But by this time in Israelite history, they were not highly regarded. They smelled like sheep. They spent their time with sheep. They were not really clean and religious enough to be considered spiritual. So when God chose to announce the birth of Jesus to shepherds with his contingent of angels he makes his point clear: Everyone is loved by God, everyone has access to God, and everyone is desired by God.

My Prayer...

Holy and Almighty God, I confess to you that sometimes the outward appearance and reputation of a person colors the way I treat them. But today, I'm convicted of how much you want everyone to know about your grace in Jesus. Give me a heart to love all people and passion to share your grace with them. In the name of Jesus I pray this. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.



| Reply
Dec 22, 2018 08:56:31   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
bdamage wrote:
Verse of the Day for Saturday, December 22, 2018

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."—Luke 2:8-11

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Shepherds and the glory of the Lord in the same sentence. Shepherds enjoyed a great heritage in Israel with Abraham, Moses, and David as notable shepherds and God being identified through Psalm 23 as a great shepherd. But by this time in Israelite history, they were not highly regarded. They smelled like sheep. They spent their time with sheep. They were not really clean and religious enough to be considered spiritual. So when God chose to announce the birth of Jesus to shepherds with his contingent of angels he makes his point clear: Everyone is loved by God, everyone has access to God, and everyone is desired by God.

My Prayer...

Holy and Almighty God, I confess to you that sometimes the outward appearance and reputation of a person colors the way I treat them. But today, I'm convicted of how much you want everyone to know about your grace in Jesus. Give me a heart to love all people and passion to share your grace with them. In the name of Jesus I pray this. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Verse of the Day for Saturday, December 22, 2018 b... (show quote)



| Reply
Dec 22, 2018 09:31:45   #
bdamage Loc: My Bunker
 
Just a short review of the last 2,018 years:

"Jesus of Nazareth, without money and arms, conquered more millions than Alexander the Great, Caesar, Mohammed, and Napoleon; without science and learning, he shed more light on things human and divine than all philosophers and scholars combined; without the eloquence of school, he spoke such words of life as were never spoken before or since, and produced effects which lie beyond the reach of orator or poet; without writing a single line, he set more pens in motion, and furnished themes for more sermons, orations, discussions, learned volumes, works of art, and songs of praise than the whole army of great men of ancient and modern times." - Philip Schaff

| Reply
Dec 22, 2018 12:08:40   #
eagleye13 Loc: Fl
 
bdamage wrote:
Just a short review of the last 2,018 years:

"Jesus of Nazareth, without money and arms, conquered more millions than Alexander the Great, Caesar, Mohammed, and Napoleon; without science and learning, he shed more light on things human and divine than all philosophers and scholars combined; without the eloquence of school, he spoke such words of life as were never spoken before or since, and produced effects which lie beyond the reach of orator or poet; without writing a single line, he set more pens in motion, and furnished themes for more sermons, orations, discussions, learned volumes, works of art, and songs of praise than the whole army of great men of ancient and modern times." - Philip Schaff
Just a short review of the last 2,018 years: br b... (show quote)


Yep!
"Just a short review of the last 2,018 years:

"Jesus of Nazareth, without money and arms, conquered more millions than Alexander the Great, Caesar, Mohammed, and Napoleon; without science and learning, he shed more light on things human and divine than all philosophers and scholars combined; without the eloquence of school, he spoke such words of life as were never spoken before or since, and produced effects which lie beyond the reach of orator or poet; without writing a single line, he set more pens in motion, and furnished themes for more sermons, orations, discussions, learned volumes, works of art, and songs of praise than the whole army of great men of ancient and modern times." - Philip Schaff"

| Reply
Dec 22, 2018 20:58:47   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
The alpha and Omega~~~

bdamage wrote:
Just a short review of the last 2,018 years:

"Jesus of Nazareth, without money and arms, conquered more millions than Alexander the Great, Caesar, Mohammed, and Napoleon; without science and learning, he shed more light on things human and divine than all philosophers and scholars combined; without the eloquence of school, he spoke such words of life as were never spoken before or since, and produced effects which lie beyond the reach of orator or poet; without writing a single line, he set more pens in motion, and furnished themes for more sermons, orations, discussions, learned volumes, works of art, and songs of praise than the whole army of great men of ancient and modern times." - Philip Schaff
Just a short review of the last 2,018 years: br b... (show quote)

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 99 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.