One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
This Will Be My Final Thread On This Site.... #5
This topic is locked to prevent further replies.
This discussion was started in a previous topic. You can find it here.
This discussion is continued in a new topic. You can find it here.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 99 next>>
 
This topic was split up because it has reached high page count.
You can find the follow-up topic here.
 
Dec 16, 2018 09:59:39   #
bahmer (a regular here)
 
Rose42 wrote:
And note that no other name gets such a strong reaction. There is power in the name of Jesus because He's real. There is no power in the names of false gods.


Amen and Amen

| Reply
Dec 16, 2018 12:36:09   #
bdamage (a regular here)
 
Bad Bob wrote:
Wacko red nation rising.


BREAKING: According to congressional sources Representative Adam Schiff used tax payer money to reach a sexual harassment settlement with a 19 year old male in 2013.

Congress has a 'hush fund' & WE THE PEOPLE demand the users be revealed.
https://twitter.com/ChristopherBoe4/status/1073073118179180544


West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade Featuring: Congressman Adam Schiff Where: West Hollywood, California, United States When: 09 Jun 2014



| Reply
Dec 16, 2018 12:37:24   #
bdamage (a regular here)
 
Rose42 wrote:
And note that no other name gets such a strong reaction. There is power in the name of Jesus because He's real. There is no power in the names of false gods.



| Reply
Dec 16, 2018 12:43:09   #
bdamage (a regular here)
 
There is a Judas at every table....do not be deceived by those who pretend to understand that which they themselves do not believe, or in many cases on this site, who do not want to believe what is truth due to not wanting to be made accountable.

Ephesians 4:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

| Reply
Dec 16, 2018 12:56:44   #
eagleye13 (a regular here)
 
bdamage wrote:
There is a Judas at every table....do not be deceived by those who pretend to understand that which they themselves do not believe, or in many cases on this site, who do not want to believe what is truth due to not wanting to be made accountable.

Ephesians 4:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;


Do we have these types on OPP?

"There is a Judas at every table....do not be deceived by those who pretend to understand that which they themselves do not believe, or in many cases on this site, who do not want to believe what is truth due to not wanting to be made accountable.

Ephesians 4:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;"

| Reply
Dec 16, 2018 14:43:14   #
tNotMyPrez
 
Yaazzzzz - - Bigfoot AND the Dinosaurs (let's not ignore the Young Earthers)...

Speaking of which, they might also want to ask: if god could suspend the need for predator to eat prey while "arking" adrift, and miraculously vaporize 40 days and 40 nites of human & critter poop in a pitch-sealed vessel, why the need for the vessel in the 1st place - - I mean, either you are omnipotent, or ya ain't...



| Reply
Dec 16, 2018 14:56:10   #
bdamage (a regular here)
 
eagleye13 wrote:
Do we have these types on OPP?

"There is a Judas at every table....do not be deceived by those who pretend to understand that which they themselves do not believe, or in many cases on this site, who do not want to believe what is truth due to not wanting to be made accountable.

Ephesians 4:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;"
Do we have these types on OPP? br br "There ... (show quote)



| Reply
Dec 17, 2018 09:11:19   #
bdamage (a regular here)
 
Verse of the Day for Monday, December 17, 2018

An angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."—Matthew 1:20-21

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Jesus first had to become the sins of the people before he could save them (us) from those sins (2 Cor. 5:21; 1 John 4:10). His own people rejected him before his forgiveness could be received. Jesus' gift of salvation was incredibly costly to him. It is a reminder of two great truths: God loves us incredibly and salvation is a precious gift. In Jesus we know and experience both truths!

My Prayer...

Almighty God and Savior, thank you for bearing the cost of my sin in Jesus. Thank you precious Lord for taking on human flesh and bearing it's difficulties and facing rejection so I could be saved. My salvation makes all other names pale in comparison to Jesus, in whom I offer all thanks and praise. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.



| Reply
Dec 17, 2018 09:49:01   #
Bad Bob
 
bdamage wrote:
Verse of the Day for Monday, December 17, 2018

An angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."—Matthew 1:20-21

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Jesus first had to become the sins of the people before he could save them (us) from those sins (2 Cor. 5:21; 1 John 4:10). His own people rejected him before his forgiveness could be received. Jesus' gift of salvation was incredibly costly to him. It is a reminder of two great truths: God loves us incredibly and salvation is a precious gift. In Jesus we know and experience both truths!

My Prayer...

Almighty God and Savior, thank you for bearing the cost of my sin in Jesus. Thank you precious Lord for taking on human flesh and bearing it's difficulties and facing rejection so I could be saved. My salvation makes all other names pale in comparison to Jesus, in whom I offer all thanks and praise. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Verse of the Day for Monday, December 17, 2018 br... (show quote)



| Reply
Dec 17, 2018 11:50:31   #
eagleye13 (a regular here)
 
Bob uses this very poor, but common interpretation/doctrine of Hell by many Christian churches, including Catholoicism.

https://static.onepoliticalplaza.com/upload/2018/12/17/353272-t1_404245_7htiytt.jpg

Something to be studied. I amm not going to do a bible study here. Google, Hell, Hades defined.

| Reply
Dec 17, 2018 12:05:27   #
bdamage (a regular here)
 
eagleye13 wrote:
Bob uses this very poor, but common interpretation/doctrine of Hell by many Christian churches, including Catholoicism.

https://static.onepoliticalplaza.com/upload/2018/12/17/353272-t1_404245_7htiytt.jpg

Something to be studied. I amm not going to do a bible study here. Google, Hell, Hades defined.



| Reply
Dec 17, 2018 14:15:28   #
tNotMyPrez
 
Nevermind Jesus, let's go with god...



| Reply
Dec 17, 2018 14:50:58   #
Bad Bob
 
tNotMyPrez wrote:
Nevermind Jesus, let's go with god...





| Reply
Dec 18, 2018 10:08:32   #
bdamage (a regular here)
 
Verse of the Day for Tuesday, December 18, 2018

[Zechariah said,] "Praise be to the Lord, God of Israel, because he has come and has redeemed his people. He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David, as he said through his holy prophets long ago."
—Luke 1:68-70

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

What God does in Jesus, is not a surprise. Yes, it was unexpected, but the "hints" and prophecies of his coming are found all over the Jewish Scriptures, our Old Testament. The holy prophets had spoken about it "long ago." But more than the prophets, Jesus coming is God keeping his word. Jesus' coming is God's answer to his promises. That's why Paul can say that all God's promises find their yes in Jesus and it is through Jesus that the "amen" is spoken (2 Corinthians 1:20). In Jesus, God comes, God ministers, God cares, God saves, God redeems, and God keeps his promises.

My Prayer...

I thank you, Holy Father, that you keep your promises. I know I don't have to worry that you will keep your word to me; your love, character, and kindness guarantee that you will. So please help me be more faithful to you as I seek to honor my commitments and pledges to you. I know this is important to you not only because I need to learn obedience, but I also need to develop a character more consistent with your own. Thank you for hearing my heart, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.



| Reply
Dec 18, 2018 10:18:15   #
eagleye13 (a regular here)
 
bdamage wrote:
Verse of the Day for Tuesday, December 18, 2018

[Zechariah said,] "Praise be to the Lord, God of Israel, because he has come and has redeemed his people. He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David, as he said through his holy prophets long ago."
—Luke 1:68-70

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

What God does in Jesus, is not a surprise. Yes, it was unexpected, but the "hints" and prophecies of his coming are found all over the Jewish Scriptures, our Old Testament. The holy prophets had spoken about it "long ago." But more than the prophets, Jesus coming is God keeping his word. Jesus' coming is God's answer to his promises. That's why Paul can say that all God's promises find their yes in Jesus and it is through Jesus that the "amen" is spoken (2 Corinthians 1:20). In Jesus, God comes, God ministers, God cares, God saves, God redeems, and God keeps his promises.

My Prayer...

I thank you, Holy Father, that you keep your promises. I know I don't have to worry that you will keep your word to me; your love, character, and kindness guarantee that you will. So please help me be more faithful to you as I seek to honor my commitments and pledges to you. I know this is important to you not only because I need to learn obedience, but I also need to develop a character more consistent with your own. Thank you for hearing my heart, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Verse of the Day for Tuesday, December 18, 2018 br... (show quote)


https://static.onepoliticalplaza.com/upload/2018/12/18/t1-365513-luke1_68_70.jpg
Amen and Amen

Prophesies fulfilled.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 99 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.