One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
This Will Be My Final Thread On This Site.... #5
This topic is locked to prevent further replies.
This discussion was started in a previous topic. You can find it here.
This discussion is continued in a new topic. You can find it here.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 next>>
 
This topic was split up because it has reached high page count.
You can find the follow-up topic here.
 
Dec 11, 2018 09:56:48   #
bdamage
 
Rose42 wrote:
1 Peter 2

7 So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe,

“The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”

8 and

“A stone of stumbling,
and a rock of offense.”


Amen sister!

| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 10:34:08   #
Bad Bob
 
bdamage wrote:
Amen sister!



| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 10:41:34   #
bahmer (a regular here)
 
bdamage wrote:
We, who have Jesus Christ as our own LORD and SAVIOR will ALWAYS be protected by the BLOOD OF CHRIST HIMSELF.
The devil has to ask permission from GOD to do anything to us or attempt to cause us to sin.
It is never GOD having to get permission from satan.
That being said, who are you living for today?? Even if you're not taking this seriously right now, be careful how you respond.
For tonight may be your last breath.
Life is but a vapor for many.


Amen and Amen

| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 11:11:01   #
tNotMyPrez (a regular here)
 
bdamage wrote:
When lost souls feel threatened they seem to have the need to criticize, belittle, insult, and will do anything to disprove the truth.
They don't want to believe the truth, but instead recreate it.
I challenged tNot on evolution and the poor dear refused to debate the subject because she knows it wouldn't have turned out well for her.

They merely reveal themselves for who they are and it's easy for one to see the pain and discomfort they possess.

I feel sorry for them more than anything.
When lost souls feel threatened they seem to have ... (show quote)

Blinded by the Right...
The Blind leading the Blind-ER...



| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 11:12:41   #
bdamage
 
Bad Bob wrote:


So you must have a problem with Jimmy since he claims to be a "Christian".
He also may want to go back and read the scripture on what a sin is and Who came to save us from it.

Thursday, 12 July 2018
Jimmy Carter Sounds Off on Jesus, Gay Marriage, Abortion

Jesus would approve of same-sex marriage if He were walking the earth today, President Jimmy Carter declared during an interview broadcast recently at HuffingtonPost.com. Not only that, he would also think at least some abortions are okay.

However, at least one prominent Christian leader took issue with that claim. In a Facebook post, evangelist and global humanitarian Franklin Graham said he had to “respectfully disagree” with Carter on homosexuality. “He is absolutely wrong when he said Jesus would approve of gay marriage,” declared Graham. “Jesus didn’t come to promote sin, He came to save us from sin. The Bible is very clear. God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality.”

Quoting the apostle Paul’s scriptural condemnation of homosexuality (Romans 1:24-27), Graham wrote that God “defines sin in His Word — it’s not up to our opinion, the latest poll, or a popular vote. What is very troubling is that some people may read what President Carter has said and believe it, whether it was this week or from a video three years ago that is now re-circulating. God loves us and gives us the truth in His Word. He warns us of the serious consequences of sin.”

Full story:
https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/29516-jimmy-carter-sounds-off-on-jesus-gay-marriage-abortion

| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 11:16:47   #
bahmer (a regular here)
 
bdamage wrote:
So you must have a problem with Jimmy since he claims to be a "Christian".
He also may want to go back and read the scripture on what a sin is and Who came to save us from it.

Thursday, 12 July 2018
Jimmy Carter Sounds Off on Jesus, Gay Marriage, Abortion

Jesus would approve of same-sex marriage if He were walking the earth today, President Jimmy Carter declared during an interview broadcast recently at HuffingtonPost.com. Not only that, he would also think at least some abortions are okay.

However, at least one prominent Christian leader took issue with that claim. In a Facebook post, evangelist and global humanitarian Franklin Graham said he had to “respectfully disagree” with Carter on homosexuality. “He is absolutely wrong when he said Jesus would approve of gay marriage,” declared Graham. “Jesus didn’t come to promote sin, He came to save us from sin. The Bible is very clear. God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality.”

Quoting the apostle Paul’s scriptural condemnation of homosexuality (Romans 1:24-27), Graham wrote that God “defines sin in His Word — it’s not up to our opinion, the latest poll, or a popular vote. What is very troubling is that some people may read what President Carter has said and believe it, whether it was this week or from a video three years ago that is now re-circulating. God loves us and gives us the truth in His Word. He warns us of the serious consequences of sin.”

Full story:
https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/29516-jimmy-carter-sounds-off-on-jesus-gay-marriage-abortion
So you must have a problem with Jimmy since he cla... (show quote)


Amen and Amen

| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 11:18:36   #
bdamage
 
tNotMyPrez wrote:
Blinded by the Right...
The Blind leading the Blind-ER...


The Father above gave us all the free will to choose.
So....would it not be your choice to be "tortured forever"?

| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 11:45:21   #
tNotMyPrez (a regular here)
 
eagleye13 wrote:
Something that can use more study by both believers and non believers of the Word/Bible;
The many prophesies of the Old Testament of the coming of the Messiah being fulfilled (hundreds of years before His birth).
Not to mention all the other prophesies being fulfilled of the end times of this age.
The naysayers will be Screaming next; "Just look at ALL the interpretations of the prophesies out there"

Yep. It does take diligent study to arrive at the correct ones.
IMO; Scholarship in the churches and their pulpits is much too rare.
Something that can use more study by both believer... (show quote)

Beginning the day after Jesus was crucified, the believers of every generation have been looking forward to the imminent 2nd coming because they have "seen" the "proof and truth" of the OT prophesies in the happenings of their times. So followers have been living under that cloud for 2000+ years - - the EXACT number impossible to calculate because historical, biblical & religious scholars have yet to agree on the year of birth of Jesus of Nazareth.

| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 11:53:29   #
Bad Bob
 
bdamage wrote:
So you must have a problem with Jimmy since he claims to be a "Christian".
He also may want to go back and read the scripture on what a sin is and Who came to save us from it.

Thursday, 12 July 2018
Jimmy Carter Sounds Off on Jesus, Gay Marriage, Abortion

Jesus would approve of same-sex marriage if He were walking the earth today, President Jimmy Carter declared during an interview broadcast recently at HuffingtonPost.com. Not only that, he would also think at least some abortions are okay.

However, at least one prominent Christian leader took issue with that claim. In a Facebook post, evangelist and global humanitarian Franklin Graham said he had to “respectfully disagree” with Carter on homosexuality. “He is absolutely wrong when he said Jesus would approve of gay marriage,” declared Graham. “Jesus didn’t come to promote sin, He came to save us from sin. The Bible is very clear. God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality.”

Quoting the apostle Paul’s scriptural condemnation of homosexuality (Romans 1:24-27), Graham wrote that God “defines sin in His Word — it’s not up to our opinion, the latest poll, or a popular vote. What is very troubling is that some people may read what President Carter has said and believe it, whether it was this week or from a video three years ago that is now re-circulating. God loves us and gives us the truth in His Word. He warns us of the serious consequences of sin.”

Full story:
https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/29516-jimmy-carter-sounds-off-on-jesus-gay-marriage-abortion
So you must have a problem with Jimmy since he cla... (show quote)





| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 11:55:40   #
tNotMyPrez (a regular here)
 
bdamage wrote:
So you must have a problem with Jimmy since he claims to be a "Christian".
He also may want to go back and read the scripture on what a sin is and Who came to save us from it.

Thursday, 12 July 2018
Jimmy Carter Sounds Off on Jesus, Gay Marriage, Abortion

Jesus would approve of same-sex marriage if He were walking the earth today, President Jimmy Carter declared during an interview broadcast recently at HuffingtonPost.com. Not only that, he would also think at least some abortions are okay.

However, at least one prominent Christian leader took issue with that claim. In a Facebook post, evangelist and global humanitarian Franklin Graham said he had to “respectfully disagree” with Carter on homosexuality. “He is absolutely wrong when he said Jesus would approve of gay marriage,” declared Graham. “Jesus didn’t come to promote sin, He came to save us from sin. The Bible is very clear. God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality.”

Quoting the apostle Paul’s scriptural condemnation of homosexuality (Romans 1:24-27), Graham wrote that God “defines sin in His Word — it’s not up to our opinion, the latest poll, or a popular vote. What is very troubling is that some people may read what President Carter has said and believe it, whether it was this week or from a video three years ago that is now re-circulating. God loves us and gives us the truth in His Word. He warns us of the serious consequences of sin.”

Full story:
https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/29516-jimmy-carter-sounds-off-on-jesus-gay-marriage-abortion
So you must have a problem with Jimmy since he cla... (show quote)

Seems to me, damage, that the biggest problem you have is that your only history book or frame of reference is the bible...



| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 12:03:18   #
tNotMyPrez (a regular here)
 
bdamage wrote:
The Father above gave us all the free will to choose.
So....would it not be your choice to be "tortured forever"?

Well damage, I guess you were obviously raised on a different planet, in a different culture, and we will never speak the same language.

Do you honestly believe saying things like that to non-believers will make them quiver in fear ???

I don't think for one moment that I'd be tortured forever, but since you DO believe that, you likely WOULD be if you don't follow your principles, so why don't you follow your principles ???

| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 12:09:53   #
Bad Bob
 
tNotMyPrez wrote:
Well damage, I guess you were obviously raised on a different planet, in a different culture, and we will never speak the same language.

Do you honestly believe saying things like that to non-believers will make them quiver in fear ???

I don't think for one moment that I'd be tortured forever, but since you DO believe that, you likely WOULD be if you don't follow your principles, so why don't you follow your principles ???



| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 12:14:19   #
woodguru (a regular here)
 
tNotMyPrez wrote:
Well damage, I guess you were obviously raised on a different planet, in a different culture, and we will never speak the same language.

Do you honestly believe saying things like that to non-believers will make them quiver in fear ???

I don't think for one moment that I'd be tortured forever, but since you DO believe that, you likely WOULD be if you don't follow your principles, so why don't you follow your principles ???


You are hitting on something there...it makes no sense for non believers to try to tell believers anything, they already believe what they believe

| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 12:25:54   #
tNotMyPrez (a regular here)
 
Bad Bob wrote:

"What kind of people praising man who begins pretends to be a christian"

INDEED !!! And that is an excellent question that gets right to the crux of the matter...

I can accept that damage and his fellows are "true believers" - - certainly more easily than he or they can accept that I am not - - but what has fully nauseated me is how the religious right has fervently accepted this christisn imposter into their fold.

SERIOUSLY - - WHO'S KIDDING WHO ???

He LIES daily, he CHEATS people, he's cheated on EVERY wife, he is UN-REPENTANT, and yet...







| Reply
Dec 11, 2018 12:32:01   #
Bad Bob
 
tNotMyPrez wrote:
"What kind of people praising man who begins pretends to be a christian"

INDEED !!! And that is an excellent question that gets right to the crux of the matter...

I can accept that damage and his fellows are "true believers" - - certainly more easily than he or they can accept that I am not - - but what has fully nauseated me is how the religious right has fervently accepted this christisn imposter into their fold.

SERIOUSLY - - WHO'S KIDDING WHO ???

He LIES daily, he CHEATS people, he's cheated on EVERY wife, he is UN-REPENTANT, and yet...
b "What kind of people praising man who begi... (show quote)


Crazy

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.