One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
This Will Be My Final Thread On This Site.... #5
This topic is locked to prevent further replies.
This discussion was started in a previous topic. You can find it here.
This discussion is continued in a new topic. You can find it here.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 99 next>>
 
This topic was split up because it has reached high page count.
You can find the follow-up topic here.
 
Dec 8, 2018 19:16:25   #
bdamage
 
tNotMyPrez wrote:
Well, that's certainly a sudden turnabout - - got a temporary little grip on your christianity, didja...

I'm so happy to help you out - - I'll definitely post scripture when it applies to the conversation, but I have much more to say than only that.

May you find a way to follow your beliefs...


It's good to see that you're being educated....Just don't let your schooling get in the way of that.
There's Hope for you yet...

| Reply
Dec 9, 2018 09:01:19   #
bdamage
 
Verse of the Day for Sunday, December 9, 2018

[Jesus said,] "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."
—John 15:5,8

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

We take on Jesus' character (bear fruit) by remaining intimately connected to him. The distance between heaven and earth is not so great when heaven lives within us. In John 14, Jesus reminded us that if we will obey him, he will come and live in us and will reveal himself to us. So as we obey him, we know him better. His life becomes real in us.

My Prayer...

Precious Lord, I want to obey your word, your will, and your example. I want to obey you to honor you, to love you, and to know you. So please, help me better come to know you as I more closely walk in your steps. Help me to know what it means to live your life in my world. Because of Jesus' mighty name I pray and thank him as my Lord. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.



| Reply
Dec 9, 2018 09:55:18   #
Bad Bob
 
bdamage wrote:
Verse of the Day for Sunday, December 9, 2018

[Jesus said,] "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."
—John 15:5,8

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

We take on Jesus' character (bear fruit) by remaining intimately connected to him. The distance between heaven and earth is not so great when heaven lives within us. In John 14, Jesus reminded us that if we will obey him, he will come and live in us and will reveal himself to us. So as we obey him, we know him better. His life becomes real in us.

My Prayer...

Precious Lord, I want to obey your word, your will, and your example. I want to obey you to honor you, to love you, and to know you. So please, help me better come to know you as I more closely walk in your steps. Help me to know what it means to live your life in my world. Because of Jesus' mighty name I pray and thank him as my Lord. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Verse of the Day for Sunday, December 9, 2018 br ... (show quote)



| Reply
Dec 9, 2018 17:14:03   #
tNotMyPrez
 
bdamage wrote:
It's good to see that you're being educated....Just don't let your schooling get in the way of that.
There's Hope for you yet...

Oh poor damage - - methinks you could do with a bit more schooling to balance your fantastical, emotional, religious leanings...



| Reply
Dec 10, 2018 10:00:10   #
bdamage
 
Verse of the Day for Monday, December 10, 2018

The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like [Moses] from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.
—Deuteronomy 18:15

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Jesus is that prophet like Moses. He has come and taught us God's truth. He has taught us with his words recorded in the Gospels. He has taught us with his example, through the deeds he has done. He is teaching us through his abiding presence in us and through the Spirit he has given us. But he teaches us most effectively when we put into practice what he has said.

My Prayer...

El Shaddai, who thundered from Mount Sinai and gave your Law to your servant Moses, I believe you are still speaking today through Jesus. Help me not only hear his voice, but listen to his message and life and put it into practice today. Gently correct and lead me in the way of obedience so that I may more perfectly glorify you with the worship of my daily life. Through the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.



| Reply
Dec 10, 2018 10:53:42   #
Bad Bob
 
bdamage wrote:
Verse of the Day for Monday, December 10, 2018

The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like [Moses] from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.
—Deuteronomy 18:15

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Jesus is that prophet like Moses. He has come and taught us God's truth. He has taught us with his words recorded in the Gospels. He has taught us with his example, through the deeds he has done. He is teaching us through his abiding presence in us and through the Spirit he has given us. But he teaches us most effectively when we put into practice what he has said.

My Prayer...

El Shaddai, who thundered from Mount Sinai and gave your Law to your servant Moses, I believe you are still speaking today through Jesus. Help me not only hear his voice, but listen to his message and life and put it into practice today. Gently correct and lead me in the way of obedience so that I may more perfectly glorify you with the worship of my daily life. Through the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Verse of the Day for Monday, December 10, 2018 br ... (show quote)



| Reply
Dec 10, 2018 10:56:45   #
bdamage
 
a·the·ism


/ˈāTHēˌizəm/


noun

noun: atheism

disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

| Reply
Dec 10, 2018 11:08:29   #
Bad Bob
 
bdamage wrote:
a·the·ism


/ˈāTHēˌizəm/


noun

noun: atheism

disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.



| Reply
Dec 10, 2018 15:25:51   #
tNotMyPrez
 
bdamage wrote:
a·the·ism

/ˈāTHēˌizəm/ noun

disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Yeah RIGHT SURE !!!



| Reply
Dec 10, 2018 16:23:35   #
tNotMyPrez
 
Justsss wrote:
bdamage, I see that these two morons won’t get the picture until GOD puts them in their rightful place. GOD BLESS you for all that you put up with here.

MORE JUDGEMENT - - can you ever discuss opinions without name calling - - can you disagree without being disagreeable ???

One wonders how it is that you're comfortable continually violating the very rules, your own precepts, that you are charged as a christian to follow - - hmmmm

Matthew 7:1-3 Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?



| Reply
Dec 10, 2018 18:49:45   #
bahmer (a regular here)
 
bdamage wrote:
Verse of the Day for Sunday, December 9, 2018

[Jesus said,] "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."
—John 15:5,8

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

We take on Jesus' character (bear fruit) by remaining intimately connected to him. The distance between heaven and earth is not so great when heaven lives within us. In John 14, Jesus reminded us that if we will obey him, he will come and live in us and will reveal himself to us. So as we obey him, we know him better. His life becomes real in us.

My Prayer...

Precious Lord, I want to obey your word, your will, and your example. I want to obey you to honor you, to love you, and to know you. So please, help me better come to know you as I more closely walk in your steps. Help me to know what it means to live your life in my world. Because of Jesus' mighty name I pray and thank him as my Lord. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Verse of the Day for Sunday, December 9, 2018 br ... (show quote)


Amen and Amen

| Reply
Dec 10, 2018 18:50:21   #
bahmer (a regular here)
 
bdamage wrote:
Verse of the Day for Monday, December 10, 2018

The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like [Moses] from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.
—Deuteronomy 18:15

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Jesus is that prophet like Moses. He has come and taught us God's truth. He has taught us with his words recorded in the Gospels. He has taught us with his example, through the deeds he has done. He is teaching us through his abiding presence in us and through the Spirit he has given us. But he teaches us most effectively when we put into practice what he has said.

My Prayer...

El Shaddai, who thundered from Mount Sinai and gave your Law to your servant Moses, I believe you are still speaking today through Jesus. Help me not only hear his voice, but listen to his message and life and put it into practice today. Gently correct and lead me in the way of obedience so that I may more perfectly glorify you with the worship of my daily life. Through the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Verse of the Day for Monday, December 10, 2018 br ... (show quote)


Amen and Amen

| Reply
Dec 10, 2018 19:54:57   #
eagleye13 (a regular here)
 
[quote=Justsss]
bdamage wrote:
Verse of the Day for Monday, December 10, 2018

The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like [Moses] from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.
—Deuteronomy 18:15

bdamage, I see that these two morons won’t get the picture until GOD puts them in their rightful place. GOD BLESS you for all that you put up with here.


"bdamage, I see that these two morons won’t get the picture until GOD puts them in their rightful place. GOD BLESS you for all that you put up with here."

I second that.
They must be democrats.

| Reply
Dec 10, 2018 20:04:11   #
tNotMyPrez
 
eagleye13 wrote:
"bdamage, I see that these two morons won’t get the picture until GOD puts them in their rightful place. GOD BLESS you for all that you put up with here." I second that.
They must be democrats.

YET MORE JUDGEMENT - - can you ever discuss opinions without name calling - - can you disagree without being disagreeable ???

One wonders how it is that you're comfortable continually violating the very rules, your own precepts, that you are charged as a christian to follow - - hmmmm

Matthew 7:1-3 Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?



| Reply
Dec 10, 2018 20:22:16   #
eagleye13 (a regular here)
 
tNotMyPrez wrote:
YET MORE JUDGEMENT - - can you ever discuss opinions without name calling - - can you disagree without being disagreeable ???

One wonders how it is that you're comfortable continually violating the very rules, your own precepts, that you are charged as a christian to follow - - hmmmm

Matthew 7:1-3 Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
YET MORE JUDGEMENT - - can you ever discuss opinio... (show quote)


I don't judge.
That is for later.
I just expose BS.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 99 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.