One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
This Will Be My Final Thread On This Site.... #5
This discussion was started in a previous topic. You can find it here.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 102 next>>
Dec 5, 2018 12:03:27   #
bdamage (a regular here)
 
eagleye13 wrote:
So tNot;
We had a bang!?
Then Amoebas grew to Poly-Wogs
Then Poly Wogs given a whole lot of time produced computers.

BTW; how did the laws of science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, etc. ) develop?


tNot tries to play the "science-card", yet she can't get a grasp that it is scientific fact a seed is needed to grow a Butch T scorpion pepper and the ONLY place that seed can come from is said pepper.

I think the last time I brought this up the poor dear referred to the chicken and the egg thingy.....how "scientific" of her.

| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 15:31:56   #
tNotMyPrez
 
bdamage wrote:
tNot tries to play the "science-card", yet she can't get a grasp that it is scientific fact a seed is needed to grow a Butch T scorpion pepper and the ONLY place that seed can come from is said pepper.

I think the last time I brought this up the poor dear referred to the chicken and the egg thingy.....how "scientific" of her.

Twisting the truth AGAIN, damage - - I said YOU were falling back on the chicken-and-egg thingy when you were trying to make your point with a tomato-and-seed argument - - and here you are once more, this time switching to a pepper-and-seed theme - - just another variation.

But since you bring it up again, to help you out of your confusion: the egg comes first - - if we only look at TODAY's chickens as they are now, and the exact eggs from which THEY hatch.

But, BEFORE those chickens, there were chicken-like critters which mated and, because of some minuscule mutation, created an egg, the insides of such held a now-fully-genetic chicken as we know them today.

Any reputable botanist will validate that it's just the same with any fruit-and-seed evolution.

| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 15:38:10   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
tNotMyPrez wrote:
Twisting the truth AGAIN, damage - - I said YOU were falling back on the chicken-and-egg thingy when you were trying to make your point with a tomato-and-seed argument - - and here you are once more, this time switching to a pepper-and-seed theme - - just another variation.

But since you bring it up again, to help you out of your confusion: the egg comes first - - if we only look at TODAY's chickens as they are now, and the exact eggs from which THEY hatch.

But, BEFORE those chickens, there were chicken-like critters which mated and, because of some minuscule mutation, created an egg, the insides of such held a now-fully-genetic chicken as we know them today.

Any reputable botanist will validate that it's just the same with any fruit-and-seed evolution.
Twisting the truth b AGAIN /b , damage - - I said... (show quote)


Explain how the giraffe evolved. Many animals defy the theory of evolution.

| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 16:32:49   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
The Temple of the Holy Spirit
My Utmost for His Highest - Oswald Chambers

I am accountable to God for the way I control my body under His authority. Paul said he did not “set aside the grace of God”— make it ineffective (Galatians 2:21). The grace of God is absolute and limitless, and the work of salvation through Jesus is complete and finished forever. I am not being saved— I am saved. Salvation is as eternal as God’s throne, but I must put to work or use what God has placed within me. To “work out [my] own salvation” (Philippians 2:12) means that I am responsible for using what He has given me. It also means that I must exhibit in my own body the life of the Lord Jesus, not mysteriously or secretly, but openly and boldly. “I discipline my body and bring it into subjection . . .” (1 Corinthians 9:27). Every Christian can have his body under absolute control for God. God has given us the responsibility to rule over all “the temple of the Holy Spirit,” including our thoughts and desires (1 Corinthians 6:19). We are responsible for these, and we must never give way to improper ones. But most of us are much more severe in our judgment of others than we are in judging ourselves. We make excuses for things in ourselves, while we condemn things in the lives of others simply because we are not naturally inclined to do them.

Paul said, “I beseech you…that you present your bodies a living sacrifice…” (Romans 12:1). What I must decide is whether or not I will agree with my Lord and Master that my body will indeed be His temple. Once I agree, all the rules, regulations, and requirements of the law concerning the body are summed up for me in this revealed truth-my body is “the temple of the Holy Spirit.”

| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 16:44:54   #
tNotMyPrez
 
Rose42 wrote:
Explain how the giraffe evolved. Many animals defy the theory of evolution.

Well Rose, religiosos seem content to stick to their one-track-mind fundamentalist view of the biblical teachings.

Science is dynamic, not static - - it researches, it examines and re-examines, it hypothesizes, it theorizes, it incorporates some ideas & discards others.

Is it always correct ??? No. However, over time, sometimes a long time, the incorrect paths will eventually get weeded out. And there will always be new findings that enter into the mix.

The giraffe argument has been a favorite of the anti-evolutionists for a very long time but, as of more than 3 years ago, it has lost its punch:

7-Million-Year-Old Fossils Show How the Giraffe Got Its Long Neck

For years, there has been scant fossil evidence showing how the giraffe evolved to have such an admirably long neck. But now, the remains of a 7-million-year-old creature with a shorter neck provides proof that the giraffe's iconic feature evolved in stages, lengthening over time, a new study finds.


https://www.livescience.com/52903-transitional-giraffe-fossils.html

Note that I realize how the Young Earther group of christians will have a problem with the 7-million year time frame but...oh well...





| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 16:51:20   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
tNotMyPrez wrote:
Well Rose, religiosos seem content to stick to their one-track-mind fundamentalist view of the biblical teachings.

Science is dynamic, not static - - it researches, it examines and re-examines, it hypothesizes, it theorizes, it incorporates some ideas & discards others.

Is it always correct ??? No. However, over time, sometimes a long time, the incorrect paths will eventually get weeded out. And there will always be new findings that enter into the mix.

The giraffe argument has been a favorite of the anti-evolutionists for a very long time but, as of more than 3 years ago, it has lost its punch:

7-Million-Year-Old Fossils Show How the Giraffe Got Its Long Neck

For years, there has been scant fossil evidence showing how the giraffe evolved to have such an admirably long neck. But now, the remains of a 7-million-year-old creature with a shorter neck provides proof that the giraffe's iconic feature evolved in stages, lengthening over time, a new study finds.


https://www.livescience.com/52903-transitional-giraffe-fossils.html

Note that I realize how the Young Earther group of christians will have a problem with the 7-million year time frame but...oh well...
Well Rose, religiosos seem content to stick to the... (show quote)


Actually what that article shows is they still don't know. Finding fossils doesn't prove anything except there was an animal with a long neck, not that it 'evolved' into a giraffe. Nice try though.

| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 16:57:26   #
Bad Bob
 
Rose42 wrote:
Actually what that article shows is they still don't know. Finding fossils doesn't prove anything except there was an animal with a long neck, not that it 'evolved' into a giraffe. Nice try though.



| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 17:04:47   #
tNotMyPrez
 
Rose42 wrote:
The Temple of the Holy Spirit
My Utmost for His Highest - Oswald Chambers

I am accountable to God for the way I control my body under His authority. Paul said he did not “set aside the grace of God”— make it ineffective (Galatians 2:21). The grace of God is absolute and limitless, and the work of salvation through Jesus is complete and finished forever. I am not being saved— I am saved. Salvation is as eternal as God’s throne, but I must put to work or use what God has placed within me. To “work out [my] own salvation” (Philippians 2:12) means that I am responsible for using what He has given me. It also means that I must exhibit in my own body the life of the Lord Jesus, not mysteriously or secretly, but openly and boldly. “I discipline my body and bring it into subjection . . .” (1 Corinthians 9:27). Every Christian can have his body under absolute control for God. God has given us the responsibility to rule over all “the temple of the Holy Spirit,” including our thoughts and desires (1 Corinthians 6:19). We are responsible for these, and we must never give way to improper ones. But most of us are much more severe in our judgment of others than we are in judging ourselves. We make excuses for things in ourselves, while we condemn things in the lives of others simply because we are not naturally inclined to do them.

Paul said, “I beseech you…that you present your bodies a living sacrifice…” (Romans 12:1). What I must decide is whether or not I will agree with my Lord and Master that my body will indeed be His temple. Once I agree, all the rules, regulations, and requirements of the law concerning the body are summed up for me in this revealed truth-my body is “the temple of the Holy Spirit.”
The Temple of the Holy Spirit br My Utmost for His... (show quote)

Oh Rose, Rose, Rose - - A Rose by Any Other Name - - I really have no clue why you posted that particular passage - - it surely has nothing relevant in the context we're discussing, so maybe you just like it ???

The following giraffe photos have nothing to do with what we're discussing either, but I just like them, so this is a good time for a post...







| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 17:08:53   #
tNotMyPrez
 
Bad Bob wrote:
Not feeling very bright today? Smile and remember

Don't forget the Dinos...



| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 17:11:38   #
tNotMyPrez
 
Rose42 wrote:
Actually what that article shows is they still don't know. Finding fossils doesn't prove anything except there was an animal with a long neck, not that it 'evolved' into a giraffe. Nice try though.

That's only because you just can't bring yourself to understand science or accept evolution...





| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 17:14:39   #
Bad Bob
 
tNotMyPrez wrote:
That's only because you just can't bring yourself to understand science or accept evolution...



| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 17:23:11   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
tNotMyPrez wrote:
That's only because you just can't bring yourself to understand science or accept evolution...


I understand it. Even majored in anthropology for a while. Long enough to know evolution is a theory or "best guess" at best.

| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 19:35:20   #
tNotMyPrez
 
Rose42 wrote:
...(snipped)...Salvation is as eternal as God’s throne, but I must put to work or use what God has placed within me. To “work out [my] own salvation” (Philippians 2:12) means that I am responsible for using what He has given me...

Well Rose, it's clear that in your belief system, your god "MUST" have created me too - - and "GIVEN" me my belief system and my thoughts...

That YOU think I'M not supposed to use what your god has given me, by the very scriptures you've quoted, is astonishing !!!





| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 20:00:49   #
tNotMyPrez
 
Rose42 wrote:
I understand it. Even majored in anthropology for a while. Long enough to know evolution is a theory or "best guess" at best.

Seems to me you didn't major in it long enough.

It takes a great deal more faith to believe in the precepts of any religion than it takes to follow the logic and continuity of evolution.

It's ok to BELIEVE in the THEORY...



| Reply
Dec 5, 2018 20:43:28   #
bdamage (a regular here)
 
I'll deal with your bogus evolution theory tomorrow when I have a chance. You don't have the time or the patience to go through everything that has already been posted on OPP for a thread called God verses EVILution.

In the meantime...



| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 102 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.