One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Home | Political Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main
The Trump Story NOBODY Will Report
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 38 next>>
Oct 8, 2018 16:31:41   #
Nuclearian
 
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogus claims that he’s some racist or closet white supremacist.

Of course, Trump shouldn’t take it to heart. The political left levied the same ridiculous accusations against every Republican president going back to Richard Nixon.

But Trump claimed from Day One that he was serious about creating opportunities for all Americans – and he’s delivering big-time.

Of course, you’ll NEVER hear about it from the biased mainstream media.

According to Black Enterprise, the number of African American-owned small businesses jumped by a whopping 400% during Trump’s first year in office.

That’s right… the Trump economy isn’t just working for Trump’s privileged white friends, as his enemies would have us believe.

The data come from the Minority 2018 Small Business Trends survey, conducted by Guidant Financial and LendingClub.

According to the survey, 45% of all American small businesses were owned by minority ethnic groups in 2018.

In 2015, under former President Barack Obama, that number was a paltry 15%.

And research group Rasmussen reports that Trump’s approval rating among African American voters has increased 17 percentage points since this time last year.

Didn’t hear about this on CNN… or read about it in the New York Times?

Of course not. Their left-leaning audiences would have a meltdown at any suggestion that Trump’s policies were actually benefiting communities of color.

But facts are facts. Obama didn’t have nearly as much success as Trump in helping African American entrepreneurs achieve their aspirations of small business ownership.

Since the day he announced his candidacy for president, Trump promised that his economic policies would help everyone achieve their piece of the American dream.

And he placed a special emphasis on small businesses.

Trump is keeping his word – no matter how much his enemies may hate him for it.

| Reply
Oct 8, 2018 17:09:52   #
no propaganda please (a regular here)
 
Nuclearian wrote:
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogus claims that he’s some racist or closet white supremacist.

Of course, Trump shouldn’t take it to heart. The political left levied the same ridiculous accusations against every Republican president going back to Richard Nixon.

But Trump claimed from Day One that he was serious about creating opportunities for all Americans – and he’s delivering big-time.

Of course, you’ll NEVER hear about it from the biased mainstream media.

According to Black Enterprise, the number of African American-owned small businesses jumped by a whopping 400% during Trump’s first year in office.

That’s right… the Trump economy isn’t just working for Trump’s privileged white friends, as his enemies would have us believe.

The data come from the Minority 2018 Small Business Trends survey, conducted by Guidant Financial and LendingClub.

According to the survey, 45% of all American small businesses were owned by minority ethnic groups in 2018.

In 2015, under former President Barack Obama, that number was a paltry 15%.

And research group Rasmussen reports that Trump’s approval rating among African American voters has increased 17 percentage points since this time last year.

Didn’t hear about this on CNN… or read about it in the New York Times?

Of course not. Their left-leaning audiences would have a meltdown at any suggestion that Trump’s policies were actually benefiting communities of color.

But facts are facts. Obama didn’t have nearly as much success as Trump in helping African American entrepreneurs achieve their aspirations of small business ownership.

Since the day he announced his candidacy for president, Trump promised that his economic policies would help everyone achieve their piece of the American dream.

And he placed a special emphasis on small businesses.

Trump is keeping his word – no matter how much his enemies may hate him for it.
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogu... (show quote)


Keep spreading the truth. It terrifies the "progressives"

| Reply
Oct 8, 2018 17:13:42   #
permafrost (a regular here)
 
Nuclearian wrote:
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogus claims that he’s some racist or closet white supremacist.

Of course, Trump shouldn’t take it to heart. The political left levied the same ridiculous accusations against every Republican president going back to Richard Nixon.

But Trump claimed from Day One that he was serious about creating opportunities for all Americans – and he’s delivering big-time.

Of course, you’ll NEVER hear about it from the biased mainstream media.

According to Black Enterprise, the number of African American-owned small businesses jumped by a whopping 400% during Trump’s first year in office.

That’s right… the Trump economy isn’t just working for Trump’s privileged white friends, as his enemies would have us believe.

The data come from the Minority 2018 Small Business Trends survey, conducted by Guidant Financial and LendingClub.

According to the survey, 45% of all American small businesses were owned by minority ethnic groups in 2018.

In 2015, under former President Barack Obama, that number was a paltry 15%.

And research group Rasmussen reports that Trump’s approval rating among African American voters has increased 17 percentage points since this time last year.

Didn’t hear about this on CNN… or read about it in the New York Times?

Of course not. Their left-leaning audiences would have a meltdown at any suggestion that Trump’s policies were actually benefiting communities of color.

But facts are facts. Obama didn’t have nearly as much success as Trump in helping African American entrepreneurs achieve their aspirations of small business ownership.

Since the day he announced his candidacy for president, Trump promised that his economic policies would help everyone achieve their piece of the American dream.

And he placed a special emphasis on small businesses.

Trump is keeping his word – no matter how much his enemies may hate him for it.
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogu... (show quote)





Nuclear,

Do not let yourself be roped in by these scams.. they come with an orange tinge... That should be a clue..

Lots of other reports if you do not like this one..

https://reason.com/volokh/2018/08/27/no-black-business-ownership-didnt-increa

No, Black Business Ownership Didn't Increase 400% in One Year
PolitiFact has the details -- but in any event, the purported statistic was suspect on its face.
Eugene Volokh|Aug. 27, 2018 11:11 am

Last week, I saw a report that seemed enheartening but left me suspicious -- to quote one account, "According to the Minority 2018 Small Business Trends survey, the number of black-owned small businesses in the U.S. increased by a staggering 400% in a year-over-year time period from 2017 to 2018." This statistic was picked up by a variety of sites, including conservative/libertarian sites, publications aimed at black readers, and general business sites. Last Monday, I e-mailed the publisher (Guidant Financial) to ask for details, but didn't hear back, and I was traveling with family so I put off further inquiries until today.

But PolitiFact (Kyra Haas) beat me to it; here's a quick excerpt:

In November 2017, small business financing company Guidant Financial and online credit marketplace LendingClub Corporation sent out an email survey to their clientele nationwide; they received responses from about 2,600 "current and aspiring entrepreneurs." The companies both posted general articles about the results of that survey on their websites in January without making any distinctions about race or ethnicity except that 47 percent of "aspiring entrepreneurs" surveyed were minorities.

The 400 percent increase in black-owned businesses claim, however, was not made until a subsequent graphic was published on Guidant's website on Aug. 8.

It was not clear from the released results how the companies came up with the 400 percent jump. The percentage of African-American respondents who owned businesses was not published, nor was that figure from last year.

The survey sample was not random, the response was voluntary, and the margin of error was not made public....

PolitiFact contacted Guidant about the claim in the graphic on Aug. 21. Two days later, a new version of the graphic was posted, this time without any mention of a 400 percent increase.

"We have found that the 400% statistic is being misrepresented in its context and therefore we have decided to pull that statistic from our info graph," public relations consultant for Guidant Stacia Kirby said in an email....

There's thus no real reason to think that the 400% increase claim is correct -- and ample reason, regardless of your politics, to doubt it, simply because 5-fold increases in this kind of number in one year are just so wildly improbable. Even if you think President Trump's economic plan is stupendous, or, if you prefer, President Obama's economic plan is stupendous and is just bearing fruit, a change like this doesn't happen in one year.

Recall that the claim wasn't even about a 5-fold increase in new business formation, or, if you prefer, a 4-fold increase in new business formation misleadingly reported as a 400% increase -- the claim was about such an increase in the total number of black-owned businesses. Even rates of change don't generally increase so sharply; but the total amount of pretty much anything almost never increases that way in a large economy (setting obvious exceptions such as the amount of newly developed technological goods, or the number of people in some subcategory of a group that itself sharply increased as a result of a sudden burst of immigration).

More specifically, the Census Bureau reported that "The number of black or African American-owned firms grew 34.5 percent between 2007 and 2012 — from 1.9 million to 2.6 million in 2012." That's a healthy growth, a 6% yearly increase. Is it really likely that the number grew 400% instead in one year? Or assuming that the number held more or less constant from 2012 to 2016, that it grew by 10 million in one year after that? (The total black population in the U.S. is about 43 million, and only a small percentage of any ethnic group owns businesses.)

So whenever you hear a claim such as that one, your Spidey sense should start tingling. It's not just that it's good to be true, it's too big to be true.

Eugene Volokh is the Gary T. Schwartz Professor of Law at the UCLA School of Law and co-founder of the Volokh Conspiracy blog, now hosted at Reason.

| Reply
Oct 8, 2018 17:36:36   #
Blade_Runner (a regular here)
 
permafrost wrote:
Nuclear,

Do not let yourself be roped in by these scams.. they come with an orange tinge... That should be a clue..

Lots of other reports if you do not like this one..

https://reason.com/volokh/2018/08/27/no-black-business-ownership-didnt-increa

No, Black Business Ownership Didn't Increase 400% in One Year
PolitiFact has the details -- but in any event, the purported statistic was suspect on its face.
Eugene Volokh|Aug. 27, 2018 11:11 am

Last week, I saw a report that seemed enheartening but left me suspicious -- to quote one account, "According to the Minority 2018 Small Business Trends survey, the number of black-owned small businesses in the U.S. increased by a staggering 400% in a year-over-year time period from 2017 to 2018." This statistic was picked up by a variety of sites, including conservative/libertarian sites, publications aimed at black readers, and general business sites. Last Monday, I e-mailed the publisher (Guidant Financial) to ask for details, but didn't hear back, and I was traveling with family so I put off further inquiries until today.

But PolitiFact (Kyra Haas) beat me to it; here's a quick excerpt:

In November 2017, small business financing company Guidant Financial and online credit marketplace LendingClub Corporation sent out an email survey to their clientele nationwide; they received responses from about 2,600 "current and aspiring entrepreneurs." The companies both posted general articles about the results of that survey on their websites in January without making any distinctions about race or ethnicity except that 47 percent of "aspiring entrepreneurs" surveyed were minorities.

The 400 percent increase in black-owned businesses claim, however, was not made until a subsequent graphic was published on Guidant's website on Aug. 8.

It was not clear from the released results how the companies came up with the 400 percent jump. The percentage of African-American respondents who owned businesses was not published, nor was that figure from last year.

The survey sample was not random, the response was voluntary, and the margin of error was not made public....

PolitiFact contacted Guidant about the claim in the graphic on Aug. 21. Two days later, a new version of the graphic was posted, this time without any mention of a 400 percent increase.

"We have found that the 400% statistic is being misrepresented in its context and therefore we have decided to pull that statistic from our info graph," public relations consultant for Guidant Stacia Kirby said in an email....

There's thus no real reason to think that the 400% increase claim is correct -- and ample reason, regardless of your politics, to doubt it, simply because 5-fold increases in this kind of number in one year are just so wildly improbable. Even if you think President Trump's economic plan is stupendous, or, if you prefer, President Obama's economic plan is stupendous and is just bearing fruit, a change like this doesn't happen in one year.

Recall that the claim wasn't even about a 5-fold increase in new business formation, or, if you prefer, a 4-fold increase in new business formation misleadingly reported as a 400% increase -- the claim was about such an increase in the total number of black-owned businesses. Even rates of change don't generally increase so sharply; but the total amount of pretty much anything almost never increases that way in a large economy (setting obvious exceptions such as the amount of newly developed technological goods, or the number of people in some subcategory of a group that itself sharply increased as a result of a sudden burst of immigration).

More specifically, the Census Bureau reported that "The number of black or African American-owned firms grew 34.5 percent between 2007 and 2012 — from 1.9 million to 2.6 million in 2012." That's a healthy growth, a 6% yearly increase. Is it really likely that the number grew 400% instead in one year? Or assuming that the number held more or less constant from 2012 to 2016, that it grew by 10 million in one year after that? (The total black population in the U.S. is about 43 million, and only a small percentage of any ethnic group owns businesses.)

So whenever you hear a claim such as that one, your Spidey sense should start tingling. It's not just that it's good to be true, it's too big to be true.

Eugene Volokh is the Gary T. Schwartz Professor of Law at the UCLA School of Law and co-founder of the Volokh Conspiracy blog, now hosted at Reason.
Nuclear, br br Do not let yourself be roped in b... (show quote)


No surprise that a UCLA law professor would attempt to refute what's staring everyone in the face. Mexifornistan is truly La La land, the Moonbattery in that state is phenomenal, completely lost in liberal Utopian fantasies. Lib progs would attempt to refute the fact that the earth orbits the sun if Trump had something to do with it.

Even WaPo. CNN Money have reported the significant drop in black unemployment. This is backed up by the BLS.

| Reply
Oct 8, 2018 17:56:30   #
EL
 
no propaganda please wrote:
Keep spreading the truth. It terrifies the "progressives"


Thank God for Trump. He's probably the only one who could clean up Obama's mess.
Now, Obama was terrifying.

| Reply
Oct 8, 2018 18:18:47   #
Carol Kelly (a regular here)
 
Nuclearian wrote:
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogus claims that he’s some racist or closet white supremacist.

Of course, Trump shouldn’t take it to heart. The political left levied the same ridiculous accusations against every Republican president going back to Richard Nixon.

But Trump claimed from Day One that he was serious about creating opportunities for all Americans – and he’s delivering big-time.

Of course, you’ll NEVER hear about it from the biased mainstream media.

According to Black Enterprise, the number of African American-owned small businesses jumped by a whopping 400% during Trump’s first year in office.

That’s right… the Trump economy isn’t just working for Trump’s privileged white friends, as his enemies would have us believe.

The data come from the Minority 2018 Small Business Trends survey, conducted by Guidant Financial and LendingClub.

According to the survey, 45% of all American small businesses were owned by minority ethnic groups in 2018.

In 2015, under former President Barack Obama, that number was a paltry 15%.

And research group Rasmussen reports that Trump’s approval rating among African American voters has increased 17 percentage points since this time last year.

Didn’t hear about this on CNN… or read about it in the New York Times?

Of course not. Their left-leaning audiences would have a meltdown at any suggestion that Trump’s policies were actually benefiting communities of color.

But facts are facts. Obama didn’t have nearly as much success as Trump in helping African American entrepreneurs achieve their aspirations of small business ownership.

Since the day he announced his candidacy for president, Trump promised that his economic policies would help everyone achieve their piece of the American dream.

And he placed a special emphasis on small businesses.

Trump is keeping his word – no matter how much his enemies may hate him for it.
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogu... (show quote)


Someone needed to say it and you did it well. Go TRUMP!

| Reply
Oct 8, 2018 18:55:21   #
permafrost (a regular here)
 
EL wrote:
Thank God for Trump. He's probably the only one who could clean up Obama's mess.
Now, Obama was terrifying.




This thread is about a false report of 400% growth in black business ownership in 12 months.. it is false, many man reports,


obama cut black unemployment for 16% to 8%..

trump is demanding credit while leaving crumbs..

| Reply
Oct 8, 2018 19:30:08   #
Airforceone (a regular here)
 
Nuclearian wrote:
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogus claims that he’s some racist or closet white supremacist.

Of course, Trump shouldn’t take it to heart. The political left levied the same ridiculous accusations against every Republican president going back to Richard Nixon.

But Trump claimed from Day One that he was serious about creating opportunities for all Americans – and he’s delivering big-time.

Of course, you’ll NEVER hear about it from the biased mainstream media.

According to Black Enterprise, the number of African American-owned small businesses jumped by a whopping 400% during Trump’s first year in office.

That’s right… the Trump economy isn’t just working for Trump’s privileged white friends, as his enemies would have us believe.

The data come from the Minority 2018 Small Business Trends survey, conducted by Guidant Financial and LendingClub.

According to the survey, 45% of all American small businesses were owned by minority ethnic groups in 2018.

In 2015, under former President Barack Obama, that number was a paltry 15%.

And research group Rasmussen reports that Trump’s approval rating among African American voters has increased 17 percentage points since this time last year.

Didn’t hear about this on CNN… or read about it in the New York Times?

Of course not. Their left-leaning audiences would have a meltdown at any suggestion that Trump’s policies were actually benefiting communities of color.

But facts are facts. Obama didn’t have nearly as much success as Trump in helping African American entrepreneurs achieve their aspirations of small business ownership.

Since the day he announced his candidacy for president, Trump promised that his economic policies would help everyone achieve their piece of the American dream.

And he placed a special emphasis on small businesses.

Trump is keeping his word – no matter how much his enemies may hate him for it.
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogu... (show quote)


Trump took over from a trend created by Obama. Small Businesses were growing for the last 5 years of Obama after he got them out of the Bush recession. What Trump supporters have no idea what the stimulus did but it gave $21 Billion for SBA7 (SMALL BUSINESS association) that allowed small business to borrow money with low interest and no fees. The SBA7 has been around for over 50 years and Trump cut the funding to that program.

Now tell me one thing that Trump has done to create Blacks in small businesses.

Then tell me one thing Trump has done for the middle class.

| Reply
Oct 8, 2018 20:16:08   #
archie bunker (a regular here)
 
Airforceone wrote:
Trump took over from a trend created by Obama. Small Businesses were growing for the last 5 years of Obama after he got them out of the Bush recession. What Trump supporters have no idea what the stimulus did but it gave $21 Billion for SBA7 (SMALL BUSINESS association) that allowed small business to borrow money with low interest and no fees. The SBA7 has been around for over 50 years and Trump cut the funding to that program.

Now tell me one thing that Trump has done to create Blacks in small businesses.

Then tell me one thing Trump has done for the middle class.
Trump took over from a trend created by Obama. Sma... (show quote)


You blamed Bush for everything bad under Obama, and now you're giving Obama credit for everything good under Trump. Not a surprise at all.

It is impossible for Trump to create blacks in small businesses. The best he could ever do there would be to go breed black women in small businesses, but then, if the resulting child survived the abortionist, it would only be half black.

Trumps tax cuts have covered about 3/4 of mine, and my wife's medical insurance premiums making it easier to pay our electric bill, which skyrocketed under obama.

Asked, and answered.

There ya go!

| Reply
Oct 9, 2018 08:33:13   #
permafrost (a regular here)
 
archie bunker wrote:
You blamed Bush for everything bad under Obama, and now you're giving Obama credit for everything good under Trump. Not a surprise at all.

It is impossible for Trump to create blacks in small businesses. The best he could ever do there would be to go breed black women in small businesses, but then, if the resulting child survived the abortionist, it would only be half black.

Trumps tax cuts have covered about 3/4 of mine, and my wife's medical insurance premiums making it easier to pay our electric bill, which skyrocketed under obama.

Asked, and answered.

There ya go!
You blamed Bush for everything bad under Obama, an... (show quote)




You do understand that President Obama was never in charge of your electric bill...

| Reply
Oct 9, 2018 09:08:39   #
archie bunker (a regular here)
 
permafrost wrote:
You do understand that President Obama was never in charge of your electric bill...


His policies caused rate increases. Just as he said they would.

| Reply
Oct 9, 2018 09:17:09   #
nwtk2007 (a regular here)
 
Nuclearian wrote:
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogus claims that he’s some racist or closet white supremacist.

Of course, Trump shouldn’t take it to heart. The political left levied the same ridiculous accusations against every Republican president going back to Richard Nixon.

But Trump claimed from Day One that he was serious about creating opportunities for all Americans – and he’s delivering big-time.

Of course, you’ll NEVER hear about it from the biased mainstream media.

According to Black Enterprise, the number of African American-owned small businesses jumped by a whopping 400% during Trump’s first year in office.

That’s right… the Trump economy isn’t just working for Trump’s privileged white friends, as his enemies would have us believe.

The data come from the Minority 2018 Small Business Trends survey, conducted by Guidant Financial and LendingClub.

According to the survey, 45% of all American small businesses were owned by minority ethnic groups in 2018.

In 2015, under former President Barack Obama, that number was a paltry 15%.

And research group Rasmussen reports that Trump’s approval rating among African American voters has increased 17 percentage points since this time last year.

Didn’t hear about this on CNN… or read about it in the New York Times?

Of course not. Their left-leaning audiences would have a meltdown at any suggestion that Trump’s policies were actually benefiting communities of color.

But facts are facts. Obama didn’t have nearly as much success as Trump in helping African American entrepreneurs achieve their aspirations of small business ownership.

Since the day he announced his candidacy for president, Trump promised that his economic policies would help everyone achieve their piece of the American dream.

And he placed a special emphasis on small businesses.

Trump is keeping his word – no matter how much his enemies may hate him for it.
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogu... (show quote)


Haven't you heard? Obama claims it is all his doing!!

| Reply
Oct 9, 2018 09:59:56   #
JediKnight (a regular here)
 
Nuclearian wrote:
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogus claims that he’s some racist or closet white supremacist.

Of course, Trump shouldn’t take it to heart. The political left levied the same ridiculous accusations against every Republican president going back to Richard Nixon.

But Trump claimed from Day One that he was serious about creating opportunities for all Americans – and he’s delivering big-time.

Of course, you’ll NEVER hear about it from the biased mainstream media.

According to Black Enterprise, the number of African American-owned small businesses jumped by a whopping 400% during Trump’s first year in office.

That’s right… the Trump economy isn’t just working for Trump’s privileged white friends, as his enemies would have us believe.

The data come from the Minority 2018 Small Business Trends survey, conducted by Guidant Financial and LendingClub.

According to the survey, 45% of all American small businesses were owned by minority ethnic groups in 2018.

In 2015, under former President Barack Obama, that number was a paltry 15%.

And research group Rasmussen reports that Trump’s approval rating among African American voters has increased 17 percentage points since this time last year.

Didn’t hear about this on CNN… or read about it in the New York Times?

Of course not. Their left-leaning audiences would have a meltdown at any suggestion that Trump’s policies were actually benefiting communities of color.

But facts are facts. Obama didn’t have nearly as much success as Trump in helping African American entrepreneurs achieve their aspirations of small business ownership.

Since the day he announced his candidacy for president, Trump promised that his economic policies would help everyone achieve their piece of the American dream.

And he placed a special emphasis on small businesses.

Trump is keeping his word – no matter how much his enemies may hate him for it.
President Donald Trump’s enemies love to make bogu... (show quote)


Please explain how giving billion dollar tax breaks to the elite 1% helps the rest of us? Trump, like most politicians is a fraud, seeking only to enrich himself and other corporate types. Don't fall for the hype.

| Reply
Oct 9, 2018 10:12:03   #
permafrost (a regular here)
 
archie bunker wrote:
His policies caused rate increases. Just as he said they would.




Would that be the clean energy plan which was blocked by McConnell?

Mine did go up.. first I elected renewable energy.. increase about 10%

Then, I had a couple trees pruned rather then cut down to clear wires.. that amounts to 25$/month for 10 months..

And they made one of those trees so ugly, I may cut it down myself ...


No end to things I want to bitch about...



| Reply
Oct 9, 2018 10:36:01   #
nwtk2007 (a regular here)
 
JediKnight wrote:
Please explain how giving billion dollar tax breaks to the elite 1% helps the rest of us? Trump, like most politicians is a fraud, seeking only to enrich himself and other corporate types. Don't fall for the hype.


Pay increase for all Amazon employees!

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 38 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2018 IDF International Technologies, Inc.