One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Home | Political Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main
People leaving the Republican Party.
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 next>>
Jul 6, 2018 01:29:31   #
PeterS (a regular here)
 
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump. Steve Schmidt. Former Republican in a brave new world

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President." Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States.

Now I don't know who Schmidt is only that he is yet one more person who is leaving the republican party and he gave such a succinct reason for doing so--it's become the party of Trump--which means it is no longer a party that represents the American People.
 
Jul 6, 2018 01:46:25   #
Crayons (a regular here)
 
Schmidt Is a long time RINO bureaucrat, a thread here already established the fact he was mcstain's advisor.
ya know ya might try preachin over at https://www.democraticunderground.com/ for warmth, comfort
and acceptance from your own democrat comrades.
Jul 6, 2018 02:20:37   #
Blade_Runner (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump. Steve Schmidt. Former Republican in a brave new world

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President." Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States.

Now I don't know who Schmidt is only that he is yet one more person who is leaving the republican party and he gave such a succinct reason for doing so--it's become the party of Trump--which means it is no longer a party that represents the American People.
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote ... (show quote)
C'mon, Pete, haven't you got it yet? The members of the Republican party in Wash DC are establishment elitists, the only difference between them and the dems is that their names appear on the ballots under "Republican". The primary reason Trump ran on the GOP ticket is he, along with millions of Americans, was sickened by the wreckage Obama left behind and he was determined to prevent the wicked witch from finishing the job. Unlike establishment elitist politicians of any stripe, Trump IS NOT a party loyalist, he is not an ideologue, and he is not an insider. Trump's loyalty is to the American people, he really does, in spite of the unforgivable hostility and hatred coming from all sides of the political establishment, want to MAGA.

.


Jul 6, 2018 02:42:59   #
PeterS (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
C'mon, Pete, haven't you got it yet? The members of the Republican party in Wash DC are establishment elitists, the only difference between them and the dems is that their names appear on the ballots under "Republican". The primary reason Trump ran on the GOP ticket is he, along with millions of Americans, was sickened by the wreckage Obama left behind and he was determined to prevent the wicked witch from finishing the job. Unlike establishment elitist politicians of any stripe, Trump IS NOT a party loyalist, he is not an ideologue, and he is not an insider. Trump's loyalty is to the American people, he really does, in spite of the unforgivable hostility and hatred coming from all sides of the political establishment, want to MAGA.

.
C'mon, Pete, haven't you got it yet? The members o... (show quote)

Oh I don't know, this person seemed to think himself a republican and is simply recognizing that the new party is one of a cult centered around the personality of Trump. That has nothing to do with being part of the Washington Establishment and since Trump has surrounded himself with the likes of Scott Pruitt and Ben Carson what's wrong with the establishment compared to what Trump has around him? How can you possible expect to make this country great again when you've elected a party centered around corruption?

And again, it's not Americans who were sickened by Obama but you conservatives where the bulk of the wreckage was either in your imagination or purely of your creation--like his love affair with Muslims, like his being born in a foreign country, like him being a homosexual and his wife a transvestite, and on and on and on. After awhile REAL Americans simply stopped believing the manure that you cons were trying to spread. I mean, what the hell were we suppose to believe...any of it or all of it? And it would be bad enough if it was occasionally but you had a full propaganda machine that just bombarded us with BS daily! I mean it was simply too much and America simply quit listening...which is the only reason a president who was as bad as he was could be reelected with a record like his!!!

It's your complete hatred of Obama that ensured his reelection...
Jul 6, 2018 02:48:28   #
proud republican (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump. Steve Schmidt. Former Republican in a brave new world

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President." Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States.

Now I don't know who Schmidt is only that he is yet one more person who is leaving the republican party and he gave such a succinct reason for doing so--it's become the party of Trump--which means it is no longer a party that represents the American People.
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote ... (show quote)


Why Democrats leaving your Party,Peter

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-leaving-democratic-party-article-1.2644307

http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/shocking-truth-about-todays-democratic-party/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu4l_bc1Mw8

https://www.newsmax.com/michaeldorstewitz/alabama-november-straka/2018/07/02/id/869561/

Should i go on,Peter???..You maybe right..Maybe ther are Republicans leaving our party, but i also see your party is in shambles!!!!......People dont want to be with radical Commies and they are waking up and joining us
Jul 6, 2018 03:18:27   #
Blade_Runner (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
Oh I don't know, this person seemed to think himself a republican and is simply recognizing that the new party is one of a cult centered around the personality of Trump. That has nothing to do with being part of the Washington Establishment and since Trump has surrounded himself with the likes of Scott Pruitt and Ben Carson what's wrong with the establishment compared to what Trump has around him? How can you possible expect to make this country great again when you've elected a party centered around corruption?

And again, it's not Americans who were sickened by Obama but you conservatives where the bulk of the wreckage was either in your imagination or purely of your creation--like his love affair with Muslims, like his being born in a foreign country, like him being a homosexual and his wife a transvestite, and on and on and on. After awhile REAL Americans simply stopped believing the manure that you cons were trying to spread. I mean, what the hell were we suppose to believe...any of it or all of it? And it would be bad enough if it was occasionally but you had a full propaganda machine that just bombarded us with BS daily! I mean it was simply too much and America simply quit listening...which is the only reason a president who was as bad as he was could be reelected with a record like his!!!

It's your complete hatred of Obama that ensured his reelection...
Oh I don't know, this person seemed to think himse... (show quote)
Yeah, Pete, it was and still is AMERICANS who clearly see the unforgivable mess that Obama made, his utterly disastrous foreign policy blunders, his economic debacles, his contempt for our Constitution, his assumption of power over congress, his overt actions against our only ally in the ME, and his near absolute racist divisiveness. His praise of Islam above all other religions and condemnation of Christianity were far too apparent to miss. The color of his skin, where he was born, his sexual preferences, are of no concern, but his attempt to "fundamentally transform America" into police state should be a definite concern to any American who loves this country and its founding principles. Obama was, and still is, a sinister anti-American demagogue.

Those that support and defend such a person are as bad as he is.
 
Jul 6, 2018 03:24:43   #
PeterS (a regular here)
 
proud republican wrote:
Why Democrats leaving your Party,Peter

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-leaving-democratic-party-article-1.2644307

http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/shocking-truth-about-todays-democratic-party/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu4l_bc1Mw8

https://www.newsmax.com/michaeldorstewitz/alabama-november-straka/2018/07/02/id/869561/

Should i go on,Peter???..You maybe right..Maybe ther are Republicans leaving our party, but i also see your party is in shambles!!!!......People dont want to be with radical Commies and they are waking up and joining us
Why Democrats leaving your Party,Peter br br http... (show quote)


https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/20/17482826/family-separations-border-gop-steve-schmidt-leaves
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/millennial-women-leaving-the-republican-party-in-droves-pew
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/04/29/john_kasich_i_didnt_leave_the_republican_party_the_republican_party_left_me.html
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republicans-reaction-donald-trump_us_5772d13de4b0352fed3e23cb
https://politicalwire.com/2018/03/19/why-im-leaving-the-gop/

With republicans it looks like those who are jumping ship might be in the millions and almost to a person it's because the party has become a cult centered around Donald J. So what do you think PR; do you think the Republican Party has become a cult that is centered around Donald Trump?
Jul 6, 2018 04:25:25   #
proud republican (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/20/17482826/family-separations-border-gop-steve-schmidt-leaves
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/millennial-women-leaving-the-republican-party-in-droves-pew
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/04/29/john_kasich_i_didnt_leave_the_republican_party_the_republican_party_left_me.html
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republicans-reaction-donald-trump_us_5772d13de4b0352fed3e23cb
https://politicalwire.com/2018/03/19/why-im-leaving-the-gop/

With republicans it looks like those who are jumping ship might be in the millions and almost to a person it's because the party has become a cult centered around Donald J. So what do you think PR; do you think the Republican Party has become a cult that is centered around Donald Trump?
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/20/... (show quote)


There is no Republican Party cult,Peter...But your party became party of hate

https://www.quora.com/Has-the-Democratic-Party-become-the-party-of-hate
Jul 6, 2018 04:39:54   #
PeterS (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
Yeah, Pete, it was and still is AMERICANS who clearly see the unforgivable mess that Obama made, his utterly disastrous foreign policy blunders, his economic debacles, his contempt for our Constitution, his assumption of power over congress, his overt actions against our only ally in the ME, and his near absolute racist divisiveness. His praise of Islam above all other religions and condemnation of Christianity were far too apparent to miss. The color of his skin, where he was born, his sexual preferences, are of no concern, but his attempt to "fundamentally transform America" into police state should be a definite concern to any American who loves this country and its founding principles. Obama was, and still is, a sinister anti-American demagogue.

Those that support and defend such a person are as bad as he is.
Yeah, Pete, it was and still is AMERICANS who clea... (show quote)

The thing is Blade I didn't particularity like Obama and when you say a bunch of BS then I have to come to his defense.

1) With Obama I would give his foreign policy a C but with Bush I would give his foreign policy an F and if not for the complete mess Bush made who knows what Obama would have done. Obama shouldn't have had to clean up Iraq and spread of Democracy that turned into such a mess was something George Bush was promoting long before he left. And what I have to ask is why would Trump rip up the Iranian nuclear agreement instead of trying to strengthen it? I mean after all it is something that the majority of experts said Iran was in compliance with and was preventing them from perusing a path to becoming nuclear nation. That's a big start so instead of becoming a petulant child and taking your ball and going home why not try to fix what you don't like and making the deal something everyone can live with.

Now I'm sure you think Trump the greatest military leader since Reagan but the only thing Trump has done is use the same tactics that Obama was using against ISIS and then you guys jump up and down at all the miracles you think Trump has done. That's an example of the 'cult of Trump' and not an example of what great leadership he's performed.

2) Obama's economic debacles. Now you and I both know you don't know a thing about economics so what exactly are you basing your statement on--the refusal of conservatives to do a damn thing to work with Obama to move the economy along? Now I've been over GDP before and under Trump it is up only a tick where we should be in the mid 3's or low 4's after the size of the tax cut the economy received. That it's done little to nothing tells us that this tax cut is like the Bush tax cut and not designed to help the economy but simply pad the accounts of the wealthiest amongst us. Now if you had studied economics you would know that, while the wealthy can be big spenders, what they tend to buy is imported to our economy and not manufactured here. And of course jobs growth has finally ticked up after 2017 actually declining from 2016.

So with Obama we had someone who steered us away from a possible depression and while growth wasn't spectacular it was steady and Trump wouldn't be where he is without the job that Obama did for him.

3) As for contempt for our constitution--you support Donald Trump! Forget any possible collusion with Russia here is a man who tries to strip free speech from, mostly African Americans, simply because he's offended by the way they protest. Then he used an moral equivalence with neo-Nazi's and white supremacists to those who opposed them--again, simply because he didn't like who opposed them. Then we have Trumps attack on the FBI, not for the work they've done but in an attempt slow down their investigation into him.

And a side bar but the IG pretty much cleared them of any wrong doing regarding it's investigation of Clinton. If that's not enough he then attacks his Attorney General for doing what he should have done and recuse himself from the investigation! Trump acts like Sessions was suppose to ignore the rule of law and work to defend him from the Russia Investigation! Right now Trump is trying to pull an epic run around the constitution and you conservatives are simply standing there and watching him perform! Instead of holding Trump accountable, Republicans are joining him in a cynical attempt to tarnish the FBI and undermine the criminal investigation into Russian election meddling.

Throw in the conspiracy mongers at Fox News, they have promoted a crackpot theory that there was a “secret society” within the FBI trying to bring down Trump. The zany conspiracy story involves two FBI officials, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, and text messages they exchanged during the 2016 campaign. These were leaked to the press after the justice department turned them over to Congress. Then the IG said they showed bias but didn't seem to effect the investigation into Hillary. Suddenly you people seemed to lose interest. I have to wonder why?

The political poison spread by Trump is toxic to Democracy and goes beyond anything spread by Nixon and his supporters during Watergate--an investigation that was almost twice as long BTW as the one we have today yet who are the ones yammering that Mueller is taking too long in his investigation?
Jul 6, 2018 04:56:29   #
ghostgotcha (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump. Steve Schmidt. Former Republican in a brave new world

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President." Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States.

Now I don't know who Schmidt is only that he is yet one more person who is leaving the republican party and he gave such a succinct reason for doing so--it's become the party of Trump--which means it is no longer a party that represents the American People.
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote ... (show quote)


And you voted for Gore - "Over-ruled by a Supreme Court ruling" Shame on you!
Jul 6, 2018 06:21:48   #
Kevyn (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump. Steve Schmidt. Former Republican in a brave new world

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President." Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States.

Now I don't know who Schmidt is only that he is yet one more person who is leaving the republican party and he gave such a succinct reason for doing so--it's become the party of Trump--which means it is no longer a party that represents the American People.
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote ... (show quote)

Even feasting rats know when it’s time to jump off a burning garbage scow. MAGA hats are today’s Klu Klux Klan hoods and people who have them will soon be burying them in trash bins under soiled cat litter and dirty diapers while preying that photos of them wearing the damn things won’t show up on the internet. Trumps enablers can shower daily with scouring powder and steel wool and still will never be able to scrub his stink off of themselves.
 
Jul 6, 2018 07:06:56   #
Radiance3 (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
The thing is Blade I didn't particularity like Obama and when you say a bunch of BS then I have to come to his defense.

1) With Obama I would give his foreign policy a C but with Bush I would give his foreign policy an F and if not for the complete mess Bush made who knows what Obama would have done. Obama shouldn't have had to clean up Iraq and spread of Democracy that turned into such a mess was something George Bush was promoting long before he left. And what I have to ask is why would Trump rip up the Iranian nuclear agreement instead of trying to strengthen it? I mean after all it is something that the majority of experts said Iran was in compliance with and was preventing them from perusing a path to becoming nuclear nation. That's a big start so instead of becoming a petulant child and taking your ball and going home why not try to fix what you don't like and making the deal something everyone can live with.

Now I'm sure you think Trump the greatest military leader since Reagan but the only thing Trump has done is use the same tactics that Obama was using against ISIS and then you guys jump up and down at all the miracles you think Trump has done. That's an example of the 'cult of Trump' and not an example of what great leadership he's performed.

2) Obama's economic debacles. Now you and I both know you don't know a thing about economics so what exactly are you basing your statement on--the refusal of conservatives to do a damn thing to work with Obama to move the economy along? Now I've been over GDP before and under Trump it is up only a tick where we should be in the mid 3's or low 4's after the size of the tax cut the economy received. That it's done little to nothing tells us that this tax cut is like the Bush tax cut and not designed to help the economy but simply pad the accounts of the wealthiest amongst us. Now if you had studied economics you would know that, while the wealthy can be big spenders, what they tend to buy is imported to our economy and not manufactured here. And of course jobs growth has finally ticked up after 2017 actually declining from 2016.

So with Obama we had someone who steered us away from a possible depression and while growth wasn't spectacular it was steady and Trump wouldn't be where he is without the job that Obama did for him.

3) As for contempt for our constitution--you support Donald Trump! Forget any possible collusion with Russia here is a man who tries to strip free speech from, mostly African Americans, simply because he's offended by the way they protest. Then he used an moral equivalence with neo-Nazi's and white supremacists to those who opposed them--again, simply because he didn't like who opposed them. Then we have Trumps attack on the FBI, not for the work they've done but in an attempt slow down their investigation into him.

And a side bar but the IG pretty much cleared them of any wrong doing regarding it's investigation of Clinton. If that's not enough he then attacks his Attorney General for doing what he should have done and recuse himself from the investigation! Trump acts like Sessions was suppose to ignore the rule of law and work to defend him from the Russia Investigation! Right now Trump is trying to pull an epic run around the constitution and you conservatives are simply standing there and watching him perform! Instead of holding Trump accountable, Republicans are joining him in a cynical attempt to tarnish the FBI and undermine the criminal investigation into Russian election meddling.

Throw in the conspiracy mongers at Fox News, they have promoted a crackpot theory that there was a “secret society” within the FBI trying to bring down Trump. The zany conspiracy story involves two FBI officials, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, and text messages they exchanged during the 2016 campaign. These were leaked to the press after the justice department turned them over to Congress. Then the IG said they showed bias but didn't seem to effect the investigation into Hillary. Suddenly you people seemed to lose interest. I have to wonder why?

The political poison spread by Trump is toxic to Democracy and goes beyond anything spread by Nixon and his supporters during Watergate--an investigation that was almost twice as long BTW as the one we have today yet who are the ones yammering that Mueller is taking too long in his investigation?
The thing is Blade I didn't particularity like Oba... (show quote)

=================
I really think something is wrong with your brain PeterS. Have you been taking so much opioid? That came from you mouth to ease your pain, remember?
Jul 6, 2018 09:16:50   #
lpnmajor (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump. Steve Schmidt. Former Republican in a brave new world

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President." Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States.

Now I don't know who Schmidt is only that he is yet one more person who is leaving the republican party and he gave such a succinct reason for doing so--it's become the party of Trump--which means it is no longer a party that represents the American People.
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote ... (show quote)


As I told those crowing about the "walk away" from the DNC, this is a sign of the end of partisan politics. What may have started as a heartfelt, patriotic and honorable enterprise, was quickly consumed by corruption, graft, and greed...............until neither party resembles the original.
Jul 7, 2018 06:01:59   #
smithdw55
 
PeterS wrote:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/20/17482826/family-separations-border-gop-steve-schmidt-leaves
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/millennial-women-leaving-the-republican-party-in-droves-pew
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/04/29/john_kasich_i_didnt_leave_the_republican_party_the_republican_party_left_me.html
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republicans-reaction-donald-trump_us_5772d13de4b0352fed3e23cb
https://politicalwire.com/2018/03/19/why-im-leaving-the-gop/

With republicans it looks like those who are jumping ship might be in the millions and almost to a person it's because the party has become a cult centered around Donald J. So what do you think PR; do you think the Republican Party has become a cult that is centered around Donald Trump?
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/20/... (show quote)


My goodness, most all of these articles, statistics etc are from the 2015-16 time frame. They have little, to no baring on what the situation is today. The fact that the DNC Chair, Perez, has openly stated that "the future of the Dem Party is Socialism", albeit something that many of us have realized for some time, but it is scaring off many of the folks that have in the past aligned with the Dems. Now they are going either Independent or coming to the realization that DJT is after all doing a hell of a job and especially in light of the opposition he has had to fight through since his Swearing In.

It is the Dem Party that is in a shambles and can't even come up with a decent candidate for the mid-terms let alone the 2020 Presidential election, listing the same ole losers that have failed for the last three Presidential Election cycles as their potential candidates. Yea, the Hildabeast, Uncle Joe, Pocahauntus Warren, Socialist Bernie, etc, etc. Only platform they seem able to articulate is "Resist, Resist, Resist DJT". Kinda pathetic, but pretty solid reasoning for what appears to be a mass exudous from the Dem Party.
Jul 7, 2018 06:26:40   #
old marine (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
C'mon, Pete, haven't you got it yet? The members of the Republican party in Wash DC are establishment elitists, the only difference between them and the dems is that their names appear on the ballots under "Republican". The primary reason Trump ran on the GOP ticket is he, along with millions of Americans, was sickened by the wreckage Obama left behind and he was determined to prevent the wicked witch from finishing the job. Unlike establishment elitist politicians of any stripe, Trump IS NOT a party loyalist, he is not an ideologue, and he is not an insider. Trump's loyalty is to the American people, he really does, in spite of the unforgivable hostility and hatred coming from all sides of the political establishment, want to MAGA.

.
C'mon, Pete, haven't you got it yet? The members o... (show quote)


Amen brother amen.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 next>>
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2018 IDF International Technologies, Inc.