One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
No wonder these guys are losers
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Apr 2, 2014 09:33:20   #
BoJester
 
Never ask any of these fools for a tip on a horse race, ball game or poltical prediction.




http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/01/bad-obamacare-predictions_n_5071741.html

| Reply
Apr 2, 2014 09:55:27   #
Tyster
 
BoJester wrote:
Never ask any of these fools for a tip on a horse race, ball game or poltical prediction.




http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/01/bad-obamacare-predictions_n_5071741.html



You seem to have a misunderstanding of the difference between opinion and fact. Huff Post is spinning in the same way those they are criticizing are.

The government claims to have 7.1MM signed up... but how many have actually paid - which is the true measure of its acceptance. Funny, there seems to be no information on those numbers. Probably as solid as the unemployment number fiasco.

Obamacare forced over 6 million people off of their prior policies, thereby forcing at least that many to have to seek Obamacare. Most did not have a problem with the policy they had. True, the one I had did not include contraception or abortion type care, but since I am 56 and my wife is 61, that has not been a problem for us.

The quote about delaying the individual mandate was hilarious... since a month later Obama was forced to delay the individual mandate due to the FAILURE of the website.

The article was not about facts... it was just a puff piece put out for people like you.

| Reply
Apr 2, 2014 10:13:20   #
BoJester
 
You seem to think that everything that fat limburg or the fools at faux is fact and not OPINION.

So with the VAST resources tha both limburg and faux claim to have, then why don't they call the insurance companies and ask how many sign ups have been billed and paid? Probably afraid the answer they would get would spoil their biased opinion with facts.





Tyster wrote:
You seem to have a misunderstanding of the difference between opinion and fact. Huff Post is spinning in the same way those they are criticizing are.

The government claims to have 7.1MM signed up... but how many have actually paid - which is the true measure of its acceptance. Funny, there seems to be no information on those numbers. Probably as solid as the unemployment number fiasco.

Obamacare forced over 6 million people off of their prior policies, thereby forcing at least that many to have to seek Obamacare. Most did not have a problem with the policy they had. True, the one I had did not include contraception or abortion type care, but since I am 56 and my wife is 61, that has not been a problem for us.

The quote about delaying the individual mandate was hilarious... since a month later Obama was forced to delay the individual mandate due to the FAILURE of the website.

The article was not about facts... it was just a puff piece put out for people like you.
You seem to have a misunderstanding of the differe... (show quote)

| Reply
Apr 2, 2014 10:20:12   #
Tyster
 
BoJester wrote:
You seem to think that everything that fat limburg or the fools at faux is fact and not OPINION.

So with the VAST resources tha both limburg and faux claim to have, then why don't they call the insurance companies and ask how many sign ups have been billed and paid? Probably afraid the answer they would get would spoil their biased opinion with facts.



Again, you are mixing the two - fact vs. opinion. I do not listen to Mr. Limbaugh, and rarely watch Fox... and then only for opinion, not facts. But you are spouting info from Huff Post, which is essentially the same as spouting from Fox.

| Reply
Apr 2, 2014 10:23:49   #
BoJester
 
You cite faux and limburg talking points of "how many have actually paid"

Is that a fact? or opinion?

The government says 7.1 million, but you don't accept the government number.

So to you, what is a fact you will accept?




Tyster wrote:
Again, you are mixing the two - fact vs. opinion. I do not listen to Mr. Limbaugh, and rarely watch Fox... and then only for opinion, not facts. But you are spouting info from Huff Post, which is essentially the same as spouting from Fox.

| Reply
Apr 2, 2014 10:47:40   #
Tyster
 
BoJester wrote:
You cite faux and limburg talking points of "how many have actually paid"

Is that a fact? or opinion?

The government says 7.1 million, but you don't accept the government number.

So to you, what is a fact you will accept?



As usual, you are trying to misdirect the conversation. I can accept (though sceptically) that 7.1 people have signed up for insurance. My only basis is that the government says so... which is why it could be misleading... I say could be, not is. However, unless a policy is paid for, it really isn't in effect. To date, there has been no disclosure of these levels of acceptance.

It is not an opinion that the numbers may be lower... it is merely the observance that "facts" have not been established.

As to support for the law... people are seeing the "benefit" of the law and some are coming around a bit. But what about when the shoe drops? Employer and Individual Mandates take effect... Premiums are expected to increase as much as 3X next year...the real estate tax plus all the other taxes becoming known?

My real objection to this law is that it is perverting the meaning of insurance. Why should I pay for contraceptives or morning after pills since I don't need them? Insurance is the coverage for a risk that you have... if I don't have the risk why should I be paying to be covered by it. A lot of this could have been avoided if there was a "basic" coverage that applied to everyone, and then each person would be allowed to choose from a list of other coverages for 2 or 3 elective items. For instance, I could choose vision coverage instead of contraceptives. Younger people would be more interested in contraceptive/pregnancy type coverages.

Just my opinion... not facts.

| Reply
Apr 3, 2014 10:40:50   #
marjorie
 
tyster Right on. Why should I pay for contraceptives when I'm 84 when I need vision.

| Reply
Apr 3, 2014 21:47:37   #
son of witless
 
BoJester wrote:
Never ask any of these fools for a tip on a horse race, ball game or poltical prediction.




http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/01/bad-obamacare-predictions_n_5071741.html


Bojoker,

You are pretty sure of your self that Obama's numbers will hold up. If you look at his track record that is a bad bet. Remember the 4 million green jobs, neither do I.

Anyway that 7.1 million mark is amazingly precise when you remember that the Administration can't tell who paid, how many went on Medicade, and whether the age break out of the 7.1 million has enough young healthy adults over paying their premiums to give their fellow citizens subsidized health care.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.