One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Black Panther..the movie..
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 next>>
Feb 18, 2018 18:10:52   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
Does anyone think that the title of this block buster super hero fantasy is offensive..given all the Black Panther negativity in real life?

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 18:14:23   #
Carol Kelly (a regular here)
 
byronglimish wrote:
Does anyone think that the title of this block buster super hero fantasy is offensive..given all the Black Panther negativity in real life?


DEFINITELY! Why can't we boycott this kind of in your face theater? Bigotry? Racist?
Disgusting.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 18:33:11   #
PoppaGringo
 
byronglimish wrote:
Does anyone think that the title of this block buster super hero fantasy is offensive..given all the Black Panther negativity in real life?


I would not waste my money on a POS movie.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 18:34:21   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
Carol Kelly wrote:
DEFINITELY! Why can't we boycott this kind of in your face theater? Bigotry? Racist?
Disgusting.


I am offended..what would happen if a movie titled something like..'Super White Boy..was premiered right now...

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 18:35:32   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
PoppaGringo wrote:
I would not waste my money on a POS movie.


Never ever!

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 18:40:12   #
Hemiman
 
Carol Kelly wrote:
DEFINITELY! Why can't we boycott this kind of in your face theater? Bigotry? Racist?
Disgusting.


It’s sure not on my list.There was an article I read that said white people should stay away in the first showings so blacks could enjoy the movie without any white intimidation.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 18:53:26   #
PoppaGringo
 
Hemiman wrote:
It’s sure not on my list.There was an article I read that said white people should stay away in the first showings so blacks could enjoy the movie without any white intimidation.


Since it has pulled in over $190 million, almost every Black in the country must have seen it.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 20:25:02   #
mongo
 
byronglimish wrote:
I am offended..what would happen if a movie titled something like..'Super White Boy..was premiered right now...



How about "The White Lion!"

SEMPER FI

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 20:25:24   #
moldyoldy (a regular here)
 
Nice to have a Black hero for children to look up to for a change.
We put up with tarzan since 1912.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 20:30:32   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
mongo wrote:
How about "The White Lion!"

SEMPER FI


That works for me.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 20:31:59   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Nice to have a Black hero for children to look up to for a change.
We put up with tarzan since 1912.


I thought you guys have obama..who erased all previous records of black idols..

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 20:38:23   #
2bltap
 
I havent watched the movie but from what Ive read the movie depicts the black panther as a bad guy and President Trump the good guy. Just sayin. If any of you all here happen to watch it let us know what you think.
Semper Fi

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 21:02:07   #
moldyoldy (a regular here)
 
byronglimish wrote:
Does anyone think that the title of this block buster super hero fantasy is offensive..given all the Black Panther negativity in real life?


You can thank J. Edgar Hoover for the negativity.

At its inception on October 15,[5] 1966, the Black Panther Party's core practice was its armed citizens' patrols to monitor the behavior of officers of the Oakland Police Department and challenge police brutality in Oakland, California. In 1969, community social programs became a core activity of party members.[6] The Black Panther Party instituted a variety of community social programs, most extensively the Free Breakfast for Children Programs, and community health clinics to address issues like food injustice.[7][8][9] The party enrolled the largest number of members and made the greatest impact in the Oakland-San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Philadelphia.[10]
Federal Bureau of Investigation Director J. Edgar Hoover called the party "the greatest threat to the internal security of the country",[11][12][13] and he supervised an extensive counterintelligence program (COINTELPRO) of surveillance, infiltration, perjury, police harassment, and many other tactics designed to undermine Panther leadership, incriminate party members, discredit and criminalize the Party, and drain the organization of resources and manpower. The program was also accused of assassinating Black Panther members.[14][15][16][17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 21:18:50   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
moldyoldy wrote:
You can thank J. Edgar Hoover for the negativity.

At its inception on October 15,[5] 1966, the Black Panther Party's core practice was its armed citizens' patrols to monitor the behavior of officers of the Oakland Police Department and challenge police brutality in Oakland, California. In 1969, community social programs became a core activity of party members.[6] The Black Panther Party instituted a variety of community social programs, most extensively the Free Breakfast for Children Programs, and community health clinics to address issues like food injustice.[7][8][9] The party enrolled the largest number of members and made the greatest impact in the Oakland-San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Philadelphia.[10]
Federal Bureau of Investigation Director J. Edgar Hoover called the party "the greatest threat to the internal security of the country",[11][12][13] and he supervised an extensive counterintelligence program (COINTELPRO) of surveillance, infiltration, perjury, police harassment, and many other tactics designed to undermine Panther leadership, incriminate party members, discredit and criminalize the Party, and drain the organization of resources and manpower. The program was also accused of assassinating Black Panther members.[14][15][16][17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party
You can thank J. Edgar Hoover for the negativity. ... (show quote)


The black panthers were well known for intimidation and violence too.

Look as recently as obama's last election.. they were in fact turning people away from voting stations..

I used to read Jet magazine in the sixties and seventies..they were and currently are militants..

| Reply
Feb 18, 2018 21:22:44   #
moldyoldy (a regular here)
 
byronglimish wrote:
The black panthers were well known for intimidation and violence too.

Look as recently as obama's last election.. they were in fact turning people away from voting stations..

I used to read Jet magazine in the sixties and seventies..they were and currently are militants..


Yeah, that was all over right wing fake sites.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.