One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Just another liberal rant
Page: 1 2 next>>
Sep 26, 2017 10:37:20   #
working class stiff Loc: N. Carolina
 
The rage we're hearing from the right seems frightening at times but I'm pretty sure it's the death scream of white supremacy. It's not as scary as it seems, at least so far.

How else does one explain the different reactions to two events. In Oregon a group of white right-wingers take up arms against the federal gov't. and the right cheers them on and blame it on a gov't headed by a black President. Black led protests in athletic arenas by taking a knee at the national anthem and the right backs a white President who thinks they should all be fired. And of course the whites in active rebellion were labeled as heroes and the blacks are labeled as un-American.

These different reactions are symptoms of the cognitive dissonance experience by the right when dealing with the issue of race. In fact, most on the right cannot see that it is about race. They will say its about freedom and government control, social decay, patriotism and moral decency. Anything but what most Americans can see for themselves....it's about race. The confederate statues and flags are merely stand-ins for race. Even the KKKers are now saying it's not about race, but history and culture.

As an American, I am heartened by the push back against these folks. The idea that the United States are somehow the inheritance of the scions of European settlers flies in the face of the very foundations of the nation. An honest discussion of race in American history seems impossible with today's right wing because they suffer from white guilt. They deny it, but it's obvious in any discussion about the topic. They claim history is meaningless today ("I never owned any slaves"). That masks the reality that many whites know: slavery was a massive betrayal of the national ideals.
A tragedy too painful to speak of honestly even now. Beyond that, our history is full of examples non-whites fighting for their rights as Americans. And whites resisting.

The modern right wing cannot acknowledge this history because then they would have to wonder why 'we want our country back'. To do what?
We know the answer: keep Muslims out, get rid of the "Mexicans" and Make America White Again.

That segment of our country has a large megaphone now. It might be a good thing. Other Americans can now more clearly see what the modern right thinks. The right seems to mistake it's victory in battle as having won the war. They think they are the only true Americans. They are mistaken of course. The majority who did not vote for them did not just disappear. And those who couldn't be bothered now have a clear choice.

They are raging against the machine that is America, and that machine has always won. It won't be defeated by today's white supremecists.

| Reply
Sep 26, 2017 11:48:24   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
working class stiff wrote:
The rage we're hearing from the right seems frightening at times but I'm pretty sure it's the death scream of white supremacy. It's not as scary as it seems, at least so far.

How else does one explain the different reactions to two events. In Oregon a group of white right-wingers take up arms against the federal gov't. and the right cheers them on and blame it on a gov't headed by a black President. Black led protests in athletic arenas by taking a knee at the national anthem and the right backs a white President who thinks they should all be fired. And of course the whites in active rebellion were labeled as heroes and the blacks are labeled as un-American.

These different reactions are symptoms of the cognitive dissonance experience by the right when dealing with the issue of race. In fact, most on the right cannot see that it is about race. They will say its about freedom and government control, social decay, patriotism and moral decency. Anything but what most Americans can see for themselves....it's about race. The confederate statues and flags are merely stand-ins for race. Even the KKKers are now saying it's not about race, but history and culture.

As an American, I am heartened by the push back against these folks. The idea that the United States are somehow the inheritance of the scions of European settlers flies in the face of the very foundations of the nation. An honest discussion of race in American history seems impossible with today's right wing because they suffer from white guilt. They deny it, but it's obvious in any discussion about the topic. They claim history is meaningless today ("I never owned any slaves"). That masks the reality that many whites know: slavery was a massive betrayal of the national ideals.
A tragedy too painful to speak of honestly even now. Beyond that, our history is full of examples non-whites fighting for their rights as Americans. And whites resisting.

The modern right wing cannot acknowledge this history because then they would have to wonder why 'we want our country back'. To do what?
We know the answer: keep Muslims out, get rid of the "Mexicans" and Make America White Again.

That segment of our country has a large megaphone now. It might be a good thing. Other Americans can now more clearly see what the modern right thinks. The right seems to mistake it's victory in battle as having won the war. They think they are the only true Americans. They are mistaken of course. The majority who did not vote for them did not just disappear. And those who couldn't be bothered now have a clear choice.

They are raging against the machine that is America, and that machine has always won. It won't be defeated by today's white supremecists.
The rage we're hearing from the right seems fright... (show quote)


Did you write this?

| Reply
Sep 26, 2017 14:11:31   #
working class stiff Loc: N. Carolina
 
archie bunker wrote:
Did you write this?


I did. It's a rant....

You know how the right paints all liberals with the same brush?.....Just venting.

| Reply
Oct 10, 2017 11:19:36   #
nwtk2007
 
working class stiff wrote:
The rage we're hearing from the right seems frightening at times but I'm pretty sure it's the death scream of white supremacy. It's not as scary as it seems, at least so far.

How else does one explain the different reactions to two events. In Oregon a group of white right-wingers take up arms against the federal gov't. and the right cheers them on and blame it on a gov't headed by a black President. Black led protests in athletic arenas by taking a knee at the national anthem and the right backs a white President who thinks they should all be fired. And of course the whites in active rebellion were labeled as heroes and the blacks are labeled as un-American.

These different reactions are symptoms of the cognitive dissonance experience by the right when dealing with the issue of race. In fact, most on the right cannot see that it is about race. They will say its about freedom and government control, social decay, patriotism and moral decency. Anything but what most Americans can see for themselves....it's about race. The confederate statues and flags are merely stand-ins for race. Even the KKKers are now saying it's not about race, but history and culture.

As an American, I am heartened by the push back against these folks. The idea that the United States are somehow the inheritance of the scions of European settlers flies in the face of the very foundations of the nation. An honest discussion of race in American history seems impossible with today's right wing because they suffer from white guilt. They deny it, but it's obvious in any discussion about the topic. They claim history is meaningless today ("I never owned any slaves"). That masks the reality that many whites know: slavery was a massive betrayal of the national ideals.
A tragedy too painful to speak of honestly even now. Beyond that, our history is full of examples non-whites fighting for their rights as Americans. And whites resisting.

The modern right wing cannot acknowledge this history because then they would have to wonder why 'we want our country back'. To do what?
We know the answer: keep Muslims out, get rid of the "Mexicans" and Make America White Again.

That segment of our country has a large megaphone now. It might be a good thing. Other Americans can now more clearly see what the modern right thinks. The right seems to mistake it's victory in battle as having won the war. They think they are the only true Americans. They are mistaken of course. The majority who did not vote for them did not just disappear. And those who couldn't be bothered now have a clear choice.

They are raging against the machine that is America, and that machine has always won. It won't be defeated by today's white supremecists.
The rage we're hearing from the right seems fright... (show quote)


You make this broad statement which is ignorantly false. You paint the right as racists, well ok; they are no more so than the leftists.

At this place in history, there is good reason to, at the very least, monitor incoming Muslims. That isn't a race issue. At eh very least we should enforce immigration laws. That isn't racist either. I just spoke to a Mexican man who is legally here. He's a painter and home re modeler. He told me that his fees are undercut by desperate illegals willing to work for pennies. It's honorable that they are willing to work so hard for their families, but look what it does to the locals. Would you say he wants to make America "white" again??

Your rant has some merit, but very little. When you have people like Michelle Obama spouting racism as she did at the Pennsylvania Women's conference shows like Blackish preaching the false word of the black man, (and it IS false, and it's enciteful), planting the seeds of unrest based upon unrealistic expectations and false premise, then you certainly cannot expect the "white man" to agree with the left or capitulate to them. Basic human nature dictates that there will be resistance.

Far right and far left ideologies are divisive. I submit that conservatism isn't far right, nor are most republicans. But I also submit that the "liberals"/democrats ARE leftists at this point and have lost their liberal ideology to that leftist extreme. As long as that is true, it will not bode well for them, I hope.

This push back is, even now, being met with a big old FU from a huge, American audience. Look at the NFL protests, now so ambiguous as to be meaningless outside of a general protest against Trump whom they perceive as a racists, white supremacist. They complain that their first amendment rights are being violated because so many are now protesting them and turning away from their sport. They actually think that their first amendment right is to protest and have everyone actually agree with them. Their ignorance is hurting the NFL, their bread and butter. The funny part of their ignorance is that the leftists are simply not football fans to the decree that conservatives and true liberals are. They complained that Pence leaving the San Fran game this past Sunday was, in essence, a violation of their first amendment rights. How stupid but that is what they read in the idiot media and so they believe it. It's what they hear in TV land from almost all TV people, who somehow think they are more important than everyone else because they are "entertainers." LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that's my rant to answer your rant. Conservatives and true liberals are on the correct side of this issue, the leftists and the far right are not.

Immigration is NOT a race issue. Being responsible for one's self is not a race issue. Add to that, white on black violence and police on black violence are minimal compared to black on black violence. If you want to add black on black violence to the NFL protests, hell, I'll join you, but not during the anthem. If you want the "white man" to join the left even minimally, the black man will have to become just as vocal about black on black violence and legal Mexicans will have to become just as vocal about illegal immigration and peaceful Muslims just as vocal about their jihadist "brethren.

When that happens, the world will change significantly.

| Reply
Oct 10, 2017 11:42:40   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
nwtk2007 wrote:
You make this broad statement which is ignorantly false. You paint the right as racists, well ok; they are no more so than the leftists.

At this place in history, there is good reason to, at the very least, monitor incoming Muslims. That isn't a race issue. At eh very least we should enforce immigration laws. That isn't racist either. I just spoke to a Mexican man who is legally here. He's a painter and home re modeler. He told me that his fees are undercut by desperate illegals willing to work for pennies. It's honorable that they are willing to work so hard for their families, but look what it does to the locals. Would you say he wants to make America "white" again??

Your rant has some merit, but very little. When you have people like Michelle Obama spouting racism as she did at the Pennsylvania Women's conference shows like Blackish preaching the false word of the black man, (and it IS false, and it's enciteful), planting the seeds of unrest based upon unrealistic expectations and false premise, then you certainly cannot expect the "white man" to agree with the left or capitulate to them. Basic human nature dictates that there will be resistance.

Far right and far left ideologies are divisive. I submit that conservatism isn't far right, nor are most republicans. But I also submit that the "liberals"/democrats ARE leftists at this point and have lost their liberal ideology to that leftist extreme. As long as that is true, it will not bode well for them, I hope.

This push back is, even now, being met with a big old FU from a huge, American audience. Look at the NFL protests, now so ambiguous as to be meaningless outside of a general protest against Trump whom they perceive as a racists, white supremacist. They complain that their first amendment rights are being violated because so many are now protesting them and turning away from their sport. They actually think that their first amendment right is to protest and have everyone actually agree with them. Their ignorance is hurting the NFL, their bread and butter. The funny part of their ignorance is that the leftists are simply not football fans to the decree that conservatives and true liberals are. They complained that Pence leaving the San Fran game this past Sunday was, in essence, a violation of their first amendment rights. How stupid but that is what they read in the idiot media and so they believe it. It's what they hear in TV land from almost all TV people, who somehow think they are more important than everyone else because they are "entertainers." LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that's my rant to answer your rant. Conservatives and true liberals are on the correct side of this issue, the leftists and the far right are not.

Immigration is NOT a race issue. Being responsible for one's self is not a race issue. Add to that, white on black violence and police on black violence are minimal compared to black on black violence. If you want to add black on black violence to the NFL protests, hell, I'll join you, but not during the anthem. If you want the "white man" to join the left even minimally, the black man will have to become just as vocal about black on black violence and legal Mexicans will have to become just as vocal about illegal immigration and peaceful Muslims just as vocal about their jihadist "brethren.

When that happens, the world will change significantly.
You make this broad statement which is ignorantly ... (show quote)


👏👏👏👏👏👏 Damn well said!

| Reply
Oct 10, 2017 12:00:45   #
nwtk2007
 
archie bunker wrote:
👏👏👏👏👏👏 Damn well said!


Thank you sir. I just put in on the Main, little good it'll do, though.

| Reply
Oct 10, 2017 12:32:57   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
nwtk2007 wrote:
Thank you sir. I just put in on the Main, little good it'll do, though.


Eh, maybe you'll get a response from WCS. He is a pretty reasonable guy. I've always liked him even though I mostly don't agree with him.
He likes nachos, so he can't be all bad!😆

| Reply
Oct 10, 2017 12:58:08   #
nwtk2007
 
archie bunker wrote:
Eh, maybe you'll get a response from WCS. He is a pretty reasonable guy. I've always liked him even though I mostly don't agree with him.
He likes nachos, so he can't be all bad!😆


Can't argue with that.

| Reply
Dec 13, 2017 12:41:11   #
jelun
 
If we can judge by the rallies "For Free Speech" the numbers of people who dare to show their faces are limited.
The trouble is that it doesn't take very many to make a whole lotta trouble in this town.
The anger in Congress has me seriously concerned though, Issa and that blonde Rep... Johnson, maybe? Wow, they are going to give themselves strokes.


working class stiff wrote:
The rage we're hearing from the right seems frightening at times but I'm pretty sure it's the death scream of white supremacy. It's not as scary as it seems, at least so far.

How else does one explain the different reactions to two events. In Oregon a group of white right-wingers take up arms against the federal gov't. and the right cheers them on and blame it on a gov't headed by a black President. Black led protests in athletic arenas by taking a knee at the national anthem and the right backs a white President who thinks they should all be fired. And of course the whites in active rebellion were labeled as heroes and the blacks are labeled as un-American.

These different reactions are symptoms of the cognitive dissonance experience by the right when dealing with the issue of race. In fact, most on the right cannot see that it is about race. They will say its about freedom and government control, social decay, patriotism and moral decency. Anything but what most Americans can see for themselves....it's about race. The confederate statues and flags are merely stand-ins for race. Even the KKKers are now saying it's not about race, but history and culture.

As an American, I am heartened by the push back against these folks. The idea that the United States are somehow the inheritance of the scions of European settlers flies in the face of the very foundations of the nation. An honest discussion of race in American history seems impossible with today's right wing because they suffer from white guilt. They deny it, but it's obvious in any discussion about the topic. They claim history is meaningless today ("I never owned any slaves"). That masks the reality that many whites know: slavery was a massive betrayal of the national ideals.
A tragedy too painful to speak of honestly even now. Beyond that, our history is full of examples non-whites fighting for their rights as Americans. And whites resisting.

The modern right wing cannot acknowledge this history because then they would have to wonder why 'we want our country back'. To do what?
We know the answer: keep Muslims out, get rid of the "Mexicans" and Make America White Again.

That segment of our country has a large megaphone now. It might be a good thing. Other Americans can now more clearly see what the modern right thinks. The right seems to mistake it's victory in battle as having won the war. They think they are the only true Americans. They are mistaken of course. The majority who did not vote for them did not just disappear. And those who couldn't be bothered now have a clear choice.

They are raging against the machine that is America, and that machine has always won. It won't be defeated by today's white supremecists.
The rage we're hearing from the right seems fright... (show quote)

| Reply
Dec 13, 2017 12:50:33   #
jelun
 
Your opinions are skewed by some strange patterns.
Immigration laws are enforced, and procedures are followed.
Monitoring people without cause is illegal. I suppose that doesn't matter to bigots, though.
There is no doubt that immigration reform is needed, it is not likely to benefit those who need to come for economic purposes.
Elected officials who are in the majority want people who are white collar not blue. I guess that would make your Mexican friend very happy, though.
Of course, rather than wanting to discriminate against people just trying to make a living he could go UNION and then his workers would have exceptional training and he
would be able to charge more. You seem so fond of racism, is it only if it is against people who are brown and black?
You and your pals like to squawk about things being PC but when a leftish person goes non-PC you are offended.
I wonder ...do you see the amusement factor in that?
I am so sorry to see that you don't appreciate the First Amendment. Why don't you buy a NFL team? You can run it as you wish.




nwtk2007 wrote:
You make this broad statement which is ignorantly false. You paint the right as racists, well ok; they are no more so than the leftists.

At this place in history, there is good reason to, at the very least, monitor incoming Muslims. That isn't a race issue. At eh very least we should enforce immigration laws. That isn't racist either. I just spoke to a Mexican man who is legally here. He's a painter and home re modeler. He told me that his fees are undercut by desperate illegals willing to work for pennies. It's honorable that they are willing to work so hard for their families, but look what it does to the locals. Would you say he wants to make America "white" again??

Your rant has some merit, but very little. When you have people like Michelle Obama spouting racism as she did at the Pennsylvania Women's conference shows like Blackish preaching the false word of the black man, (and it IS false, and it's enciteful), planting the seeds of unrest based upon unrealistic expectations and false premise, then you certainly cannot expect the "white man" to agree with the left or capitulate to them. Basic human nature dictates that there will be resistance.

Far right and far left ideologies are divisive. I submit that conservatism isn't far right, nor are most republicans. But I also submit that the "liberals"/democrats ARE leftists at this point and have lost their liberal ideology to that leftist extreme. As long as that is true, it will not bode well for them, I hope.

This push back is, even now, being met with a big old FU from a huge, American audience. Look at the NFL protests, now so ambiguous as to be meaningless outside of a general protest against Trump whom they perceive as a racists, white supremacist. They complain that their first amendment rights are being violated because so many are now protesting them and turning away from their sport. They actually think that their first amendment right is to protest and have everyone actually agree with them. Their ignorance is hurting the NFL, their bread and butter. The funny part of their ignorance is that the leftists are simply not football fans to the decree that conservatives and true liberals are. They complained that Pence leaving the San Fran game this past Sunday was, in essence, a violation of their first amendment rights. How stupid but that is what they read in the idiot media and so they believe it. It's what they hear in TV land from almost all TV people, who somehow think they are more important than everyone else because they are "entertainers." LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that's my rant to answer your rant. Conservatives and true liberals are on the correct side of this issue, the leftists and the far right are not.

Immigration is NOT a race issue. Being responsible for one's self is not a race issue. Add to that, white on black violence and police on black violence are minimal compared to black on black violence. If you want to add black on black violence to the NFL protests, hell, I'll join you, but not during the anthem. If you want the "white man" to join the left even minimally, the black man will have to become just as vocal about black on black violence and legal Mexicans will have to become just as vocal about illegal immigration and peaceful Muslims just as vocal about their jihadist "brethren.

When that happens, the world will change significantly.
You make this broad statement which is ignorantly ... (show quote)

| Reply
Dec 13, 2017 20:51:08   #
nwtk2007
 
jelun wrote:
Your opinions are skewed by some strange patterns.
Immigration laws are enforced, and procedures are followed.
Monitoring people without cause is illegal. I suppose that doesn't matter to bigots, though.
There is no doubt that immigration reform is needed, it is not likely to benefit those who need to come for economic purposes.
Elected officials who are in the majority want people who are white collar not blue. I guess that would make your Mexican friend very happy, though.
Of course, rather than wanting to discriminate against people just trying to make a living he could go UNION and then his workers would have exceptional training and he
would be able to charge more. You seem so fond of racism, is it only if it is against people who are brown and black?
You and your pals like to squawk about things being PC but when a leftish person goes non-PC you are offended.
I wonder ...do you see the amusement factor in that?
I am so sorry to see that you don't appreciate the First Amendment. Why don't you buy a NFL team? You can run it as you wish.
Your opinions are skewed by some strange patterns.... (show quote)


You're just in your own head and blinded by your leftist ideals.

First of all, it was six specific countries, not Muslims or "brown" people. The six countries were chosen by your lord and master, Obama. Is he a racist? Well, yes, but that's beside the point.

By the way, if I fire someone for saying things which hurts my business, I'm not violating their first amendment rights. Try to figure that one out, OK.

| Reply
Dec 19, 2017 12:30:44   #
jelun
 
You left out that refusing, as a public business, to bake a cake for a couple who is getting married is not religious freedom.
Monitoring a religious group who are assimilated in the US is a different issue from immigration.
The NFL is a union organization, team owners can't just fire people.



nwtk2007 wrote:
You're just in your own head and blinded by your leftist ideals.

First of all, it was six specific countries, not Muslims or "brown" people. The six countries were chosen by your lord and master, Obama. Is he a racist? Well, yes, but that's beside the point.

By the way, if I fire someone for saying things which hurts my business, I'm not violating their first amendment rights. Try to figure that one out, OK.

| Reply
Dec 19, 2017 13:12:31   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
jelun wrote:
You left out that refusing, as a public business, to bake a cake for a couple who is getting married is not religious freedom.
Monitoring a religious group who are assimilated in the US is a different issue from immigration.
The NFL is a union organization, team owners can't just fire people.


A good reason to do away with unions. They are bad for business.

| Reply
Dec 19, 2017 13:37:45   #
nwtk2007
 
jelun wrote:
You left out that refusing, as a public business, to bake a cake for a couple who is getting married is not religious freedom.
Monitoring a religious group who are assimilated in the US is a different issue from immigration.
The NFL is a union organization, team owners can't just fire people.


They were willing to sell the couple anything they wanted but refused to make a specific request design which violated their religious beliefs. I had a builder refuse to make me a spiral stair case once. He had that right, did he not??

| Reply
Dec 19, 2017 14:39:47   #
jelun
 
Would you cite that case? I am not familiar with that one.


nwtk2007 wrote:
They were willing to sell the couple anything they wanted but refused to make a specific request design which violated their religious beliefs. I had a builder refuse to make me a spiral stair case once. He had that right, did he not??

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.