One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Home | Political Digest | Active Topics | Search | Login | Register | Help
Tired of the political circus into which the media has degraded?
Want to discuss politics and economics with sane people who actually understand what they are talking about?
Read this:
 

We are not some political camp blindly advocating an agenda by following a pre-set list of bullet points. Instead, we let individuals voice their opinions and back them with facts and logical reasoning.

Daily, you'll be receiving our political forum digest with the latest hottest news, analysis, discussions and some things the media simply won't report to you.

Here are just some of the things being uncovered on One Political Plaza right now:

• What hurts the economy more: the welfare or the defense spending? (The answer isn't what you thought. I guarantee it.)

• Do immigrants bring more money into the economy by being consumers or do they send more "back home"? We have some hard numbers posted.

(What if we take into account the new immigrants from Syria currently headed to the US? How does that change the immigration debate?)

• Why do politicians lie? You hear people always say that politicians are all crooks. But why is that? Why can't there be more honest politicians? Or can there? (This will surprise you, as it surprised me when I found out.)

• Is the minimum wage all about the union contracts or about actually helping those at the bottom? Does it actually help? (This will definitely change your mind about the issue.)

• Furthering LGBT equality rights through lawsuits to the point of forcing businesses to serve against their beliefs. Does that violate the rights of business owners? Or does the notion of equality trump it all?

• Will Obamacare actually solve the healthcare problem in the long run, or is just a fad that will be reversed eventually? (Some interesting arguments in favor of one of the sides. Something you probably haven't considered.)

• Join in and see for yourself. This will shock you. And it's all completely FREE!

• Let me repeat that. Since for some reason a lot of people contact us asking if the membership is really free or if there is some catch: we are a social website for people who like to discuss politics. So we don't sell anything, we don't solicit for political donations, and we don't work as a recruiting front for any party or agenda. It's as simple as that.

Enter your name and e-mail address below, and you'll be instantly added to our political mailing list distribution. Right away, you'll get access to more thought provoking content than you could imagine. And you'll get all that for free.

Don't delay! Join the best political community on the Internet.

First name:

E-mail address:

It's FREE, and you'll receive my first e-mail right away. Also, you'll get instant access to the most recent topics on our political forum: hundreds of intriguing posts from others.

(A new newsletter issue is released each week. So if you don't sign up now, you'll miss this week's digest.)

 
Main
Dems To Blame GOP For Obamacare Failure
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Oct 19, 2013 20:28:23   #
Liberty Tree (a regular here)
 
It will not be long before Obama and the Dems will be asking for millions, and perhaps billions, more to make Obamacare "work". If the GOP balks then they will be blamed by the Dems for Obamacare"s failure and of course the main stream media will join in the blaming. Of course, the real truth is Obama and the Dems want it to fail and to run private insurance companies out of business so they can force a single payer system on us and use it to seize more control.
 
Oct 19, 2013 21:50:49   #
claytonln
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
It will not be long before Obama and the Dems will be asking for millions, and perhaps billions, more to make Obamacare "work". If the GOP balks then they will be blamed by the Dems for Obamacare"s failure and of course the main stream media will join in the blaming. Of course, the real truth is Obama and the Dems want it to fail and to run private insurance companies out of business so they can force a single payer system on us and use it to seize more control.


I think I heard him say that in a speech awhile back. Not that he wanted it to fail, but that he really wanted single payer.
Oct 19, 2013 22:13:46   #
Liberty Tree (a regular here)
 
claytonln wrote:
I think I heard him say that in a speech awhile back. Not that he wanted it to fail, but that he really wanted single payer.


The only way to get a single payer system is for Obamacare to fail and private insurance companies to be marginalized, so he will do all he can to make it happen.
Oct 19, 2013 22:24:44   #
rumitoid
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
It will not be long before Obama and the Dems will be asking for millions, and perhaps billions, more to make Obamacare "work". If the GOP balks then they will be blamed by the Dems for Obamacare"s failure and of course the main stream media will join in the blaming. Of course, the real truth is Obama and the Dems want it to fail and to run private insurance companies out of business so they can force a single payer system on us and use it to seize more control.


Think about it: have you ever seen any politician work hard and relentlessly for we the people? Sequester, the shutdown, tax the middle and let the rich pass, oil and farm subsidies, pay raises for Congress, and the list is endless. Do you really think this mania to repeal or weaken Obamacare is based on its being detrimental or possibly successful? If it were successful, what would that mean for Republican election possibility?
All the industries that were previously gouging and taking advantage of the Republic, are doing everything to undermine this law. Fox News wants to blame Obama for the unmitigated greed and gall of huge corporations looking to defeat affordable health care to all and maintain their oppressive, and highly profitable, practices.
Oct 19, 2013 22:34:50   #
rhomin57
 
Boehner does~ He throws his reputation on the line as well. Not just his but the whole House of Representatives. Even if I wasn't for the Repubs, I would still admire his way of standing on his principles tho up against steel wall, as well as his integrity. In Obama's first term, he and Boehner became fairly good friends. Obama didn't learn a thing from Boehner. To bad nothing at all rubbed off. I am very glad to have Boehner on the side of what I believe is Right!
rumitoid wrote:
Think about it: have you ever seen any politician work hard and relentlessly for we the people? Sequester, the shutdown, tax the middle and let the rich pass, oil and farm subsidies, pay raises for Congress, and the list is endless. Do you really think this mania to repeal or weaken Obamacare is based on its being detrimental or possibly successful? If it were successful, what would that mean for Republican election possibility?
All the industries that were previously gouging and taking advantage of the Republic, are doing everything to undermine this law. Fox News wants to blame Obama for the unmitigated greed and gall of huge corporations looking to defeat affordable health care to all and maintain their oppressive, and highly profitable, practices.
Think about it: have you ever seen any politician ... (show quote)
Oct 19, 2013 22:41:57   #
rumitoid
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
It will not be long before Obama and the Dems will be asking for millions, and perhaps billions, more to make Obamacare "work". If the GOP balks then they will be blamed by the Dems for Obamacare"s failure and of course the main stream media will join in the blaming. Of course, the real truth is Obama and the Dems want it to fail and to run private insurance companies out of business so they can force a single payer system on us and use it to seize more control.


This extreme effort by Republicans to both undermine and look to destroy Obamacare you see as wholesome? A sincere effort to protect "we the people"? It is terror that it will work and work well. If this was hugely successful, how would elections go for the opposite party?

But if the Right can continue to undermine confidence by the public in as many areas as possible, and basic greed by the medical profession and Insurance companies will do their best, we will be left with the ugly ruin of an unsuccessful attempt to care for our less fortunate citizens, most affected children and the elderly, and a system that will suck the life blood out of out economy.
 
Oct 19, 2013 23:08:29   #
claytonln
 
rumitoid wrote:
This extreme effort by Republicans to both undermine and look to destroy Obamacare you see as wholesome? A sincere effort to protect "we the people"? It is terror that it will work and work well. If this was hugely successful, how would elections go for the opposite party?

But if the Right can continue to undermine confidence by the public in as many areas as possible, and basic greed by the medical profession and Insurance companies will do their best, we will be left with the ugly ruin of an unsuccessful attempt to care for our less fortunate citizens, most affected children and the elderly, and a system that will suck the life blood out of out economy.
This extreme effort by Republicans to both undermi... (show quote)


I think what Cruz and Lee done was they forced the Republicans to stand up for their principles.

I know that the supreme court upheld it as constitutional. But they done it on the grounds that it was a Tax. But the dems and Obama, said no it is not a tax. So, if it is not a tax, then it is unconstitutional.

Now, with the exemptions it is again unconstitutional. Because they can create no law that does not apply to all Americans. This is what they objected to, and tried to get in the deal was that everyone(even Obama and congress) had to take it.

Harry Reid turned that down. I don't see what is wrong with making them have to live by their own law. It is in the constitution and they swore to uphold it and they should have to follow the law too.
Oct 20, 2013 08:33:59   #
bruce1954
 
claytonln wrote:
I think what Cruz and Lee done was they forced the Republicans to stand up for their principles.

I know that the supreme court upheld it as constitutional. But they done it on the grounds that it was a Tax. But the dems and Obama, said no it is not a tax. So, if it is not a tax, then it is unconstitutional.

Now, with the exemptions it is again unconstitutional. Because they can create no law that does not apply to all Americans. This is what they objected to, and tried to get in the deal was that everyone(even Obama and congress) had to take it.

Harry Reid turned that down. I don't see what is wrong with making them have to live by their own law. It is in the constitution and they swore to uphold it and they should have to follow the law too.
I think what Cruz and Lee done was they forced the... (show quote)


Hey, they should have put that in the Constitution! ( sarcasm)
Oct 20, 2013 09:32:25   #
dp6826
 
Republicans/Conservatives and Fox News should not crow to loudly about the impending downfall of the Affordable Care Act just three weeks after the disastrous roll-out of the Federal website. The Health exchanges for those states with their own websites are doing fairly well. The real story is the tremendous traffic to all the sites numbering 7-8 Million or more with a sizable percentage coming from "Red" states. This shows Americans are hungry for basic quality health care. "Obama Care" will be successful. The Federal website's major technical issues will be fixed way before the insurance policies take effect in January of next year. The administration has no excuse for the poor performance of the Federal Government's healthcare enrollment website since roll-out; but given the government's cumbersome, complicated and lengthy acquisition process and rules and regulations and lack of experienced and knowledgeable government executive-level IT program mangers, this is par for the course. The same issue has popped-up time and time again with other large Federal Government nation-wide IT-related programs. Politically-driven Congressional mandates and ineffective oversight also plays a role. In prior messes like this, political pressure forces the government agency in charge of the program to "modify" and fast-track the acquisition process and finally hire the contracting company with the level of expertise required to get the job done. The lowest bidder is often times not the best choice but agencies feel tremendous pressure to cut acquisition costs-even though this may increase the risk of program failure. Yes, the system is often very inefficient when it tries to be just the opposite.
Oct 20, 2013 09:46:52   #
claytonln
 
bruce1954 wrote:
Hey, they should have put that in the Constitution! ( sarcasm)


What should they put in the constitution? That congress will make no law that doesn't apply to them selves?
 
          
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2016 IDF International Technologies, Inc.