One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Home | Political Digest | Active Topics | Search | Login | Register | Help
We have people from all over the country reporting information that the media simply doesn't release to you.
Read this:
 

We are not some political camp blindly advocating an agenda by following a pre-set list of bullet points. Instead, we let individuals voice their opinions and back them with facts and logical reasoning.

We are a community of people who gathered together specifically to discuss politics and uncover the truth behind what's happening in the world today, right this minute.

Daily, you'll be receiving our political forum digest with the latest hottest news, analysis, discussions and some things the media simply won't report to you.

Here are just some of the things being uncovered on One Political Plaza right now:

• What hurts the economy more: the welfare or the defense spending? (The answer isn't what you thought. I guarantee it.)

• Do immigrants bring more money into the economy by being consumers or do they send more "back home"? We have some hard numbers posted.

(What if we take into account the new immigrants from Syria currently headed to the US? How does that change the immigration debate?)

• Why do politicians lie? You hear people always say that politicians are all crooks. But why is that? Why can't there be more honest politicians? Or can there? (This will surprise you, as it surprised me when I found out.)

• Is the minimum wage all about the union contracts or about actually helping those at the bottom? Does it actually help? (This will definitely change your mind about the issue.)

• Furthering LGBT equality rights through lawsuits to the point of forcing businesses to serve against their beliefs. Does that violate the rights of business owners? Or does the notion of equality trump it all?

• Will Obamacare actually solve the healthcare problem in the long run, or is just a fad that will be reversed eventually? (Some interesting arguments in favor of one of the sides. Something you probably haven't considered.)

• Join in and see for yourself. This will shock you. And it's all completely FREE!

• Let me repeat that. Since for some reason a lot of people contact us asking if the membership is really free or if there is some catch: we are a social website for people who like to discuss politics and know what's happening out there. So we don't sell anything, we don't solicit for political donations, and we don't work as a recruiting front for any party or agenda. It's as simple as that.

Here is how to proceed:

Enter your name and e-mail address below, and you'll be instantly added to our political mailing list distribution. Right away, you'll get access to more thought provoking content than you could imagine. And you'll get all that for free, completely unrestricted.

Don't delay! Join the best political community on the Internet.

First name:

E-mail address:

Among our users we have influential business owners in various industries, active and retired military, former and current government employees who share their insight and provide unprecedented level of access to information that you won't find anywhere else. Some speak anonymously using aliases, others disclose their identities (it's up to them), and we provide a way for you to hear what they have to say. Some of them only post information on our website and nowhere else! So you won't find it anywhere.

(A new digest is released each day. So if you don't sign up now, you'll miss today's issue and everything covered in it.)

 
Main
Bono: Only Capitalism Can End Poverty
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Jul 22, 2013 04:47:46   #
OPP Newsletter
 
http://www.inquisitr.com/428836/bono-only-capitalism-can-end-poverty-video/
 
Jul 22, 2013 06:25:35   #
Lou (suspended)
 
I would agree with that totally .
Jul 23, 2013 11:23:20   #
cold iron (a regular here)
 
If anyone wants to see first hand the difference between capitalism and socialism just look at Korea. The north is a bone yard and the south is aglow in light and business. No words needed. Only a fool can argue for darness.
Jul 23, 2013 12:33:18   #
Lou (suspended)
 
cold iron wrote:
If anyone wants to see first hand the difference between capitalism and socialism just look at Korea. The north is a bone yard and the south is aglow in light and business. No words needed. Only a fool can argue for darness.


That's why Bono's statement is accurate and true .
Jul 23, 2013 17:43:02   #
faithistheword
 
I wish he had the nerve to go on Letterman's show, or any of the lib sites, and talk like that.
How refreshing!
Jul 23, 2013 18:57:34   #
ldsuttonjr (a regular here)
 
Lou wrote:
I would agree with that totally .


Capitlism -Commentary writer Alan Webber applauds the idea of the so-called social business - one that "has a social cause, not just a financial goal." Webber also tells us: "Think of it as
capitalism with a human face" (Giving the poor the business," The Forum, Wednesday).

I don't question Webber's uncritical assumption that social businesses will work. I do, however, question his hackneyed suggestion that the face of for-profit capitalism is inhuman. No other economic system but capitalism has lifted billions of people so decisively out of poverty.
Economist Joseph Schumpeter noted this fact in 1942: "Electric lighting is no great boon to anyone who has money enough to buy a sufficient number of candles and to pay servants to attend them. "It is the cheap cloth, the cheap cotton and rayon fabric, boots, motorcars and so on that are the typical achievements of capitalist production, and not as a rule improvements that would mean much to a rich man.

"Queen Elizabeth owned silk stockings. The capitalist achievement does not typically consist in providing more silk stockings for queens but in bringing them within the reach of factory girls in return for steadily decreasing amounts of effort."
Donald J. Boudreaux
Chairman
Dept. of Economics
George Mason Univ.
Fairfax, VA

"Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed
of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent
virtue is the equal sharing of misery."
--Sir Winston Churchill
 
Jul 23, 2013 19:07:13   #
ldsuttonjr (a regular here)
 
ldsuttonjr wrote:
Capitlism -Commentary writer Alan Webber applauds the idea of the so-called social business - one that "has a social cause, not just a financial goal." Webber also tells us: "Think of it as
capitalism with a human face" (Giving the poor the business," The Forum, Wednesday).

I don't question Webber's uncritical assumption that social businesses will work. I do, however, question his hackneyed suggestion that the face of for-profit capitalism is inhuman. No other economic system but capitalism has lifted billions of people so decisively out of poverty.
Economist Joseph Schumpeter noted this fact in 1942: "Electric lighting is no great boon to anyone who has money enough to buy a sufficient number of candles and to pay servants to attend them. "It is the cheap cloth, the cheap cotton and rayon fabric, boots, motorcars and so on that are the typical achievements of capitalist production, and not as a rule improvements that would mean much to a rich man.

"Queen Elizabeth owned silk stockings. The capitalist achievement does not typically consist in providing more silk stockings for queens but in bringing them within the reach of factory girls in return for steadily decreasing amounts of effort."
Donald J. Boudreaux
Chairman
Dept. of Economics
George Mason Univ.
Fairfax, VA

"Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed
of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent
virtue is the equal sharing of misery."
--Sir Winston Churchill
Capitlism -Commentary writer Alan Webber applauds ... (show quote)

And more on the Subject:
Wealthy pay for things that the poor enjoy



The definition of a tax cut is to reduce the tax bill from the IRS. It should not require a rocket scientist to understand that citizens who earn substantial amounts of money pay more dollars to the government than people who earn smaller amounts.

A socialistic viewpoint is not acceptable by the majority in a democracy or a republic. The wealth of a “free Nation” should not be redistributed and called the “duty “ of the wealthy. The so-called wealthy deserve less criticism as their accomplishments and fortunes were usually amassed by their intelligence and hard work.

To spend valuable time and energy degrading the wealthy only leaves less time for one to achieve his own goals.

As far as the statement, “Few poor or working glass people live in Franklin TN,” is a blatant lack of knowledge. I feel that the poor or working class should get a break. They do. An intelligent look at the many luxuries and governmental funded perks allocated to the poor and low-income residents reveals who pays and who receives.

The thousands of social programs, scholarships, welfare. Medicaid, protective services, and the list goes on and on. describe the endless items available to the nonproductive inhabitants of our land. Yes, these are paid for by the wealthy, not the poor. At some future time, the wealthy may ask, “Give us a break.”

Jealousy is a very time-consuming waste of potential energy.


H. Carlisle
Brentwood TN
Jul 23, 2013 19:18:45   #
Lou (suspended)
 
So how does your lengthy post negate or rebut Bono's statement and WHY ?
As for Business , every Business major in the most prestigious Universities in the US , has taught future MBA's of the social contract , in addition to a standard of business ethics and responsibilities . {look it up , you'll be surprised what that really means ] .
In addition , any one who chooses to use the Constitution to support any related business view should pay extra attention to the PREAMBLE to the Constitution , to have a clear insight on the mindset of the writers .
Jul 23, 2013 19:56:09   #
ldsuttonjr (a regular here)
 
Lou: Read the post again - your lost. The typical Ivy league approach to free-market business has lost the true intent of Capitalism. This approach was tainted when the Fabian and Frankfort groups infiltrated our Ivy institutions in the 30s.
Jul 23, 2013 20:24:41   #
Lou (suspended)
 
ldsuttonjr wrote:
Lou: Read the post again - your lost. The typical Ivy league approach to free-market business has lost the true intent of Capitalism. This approach was tainted when the Fabian and Frankfort groups infiltrated our Ivy institutions in the 30s.


I was telling you what is STILL taught in the IVY LEAGUE SCHOOLS. Now whether or anyone adheres to those principles and ethics is something worthy of dispute .
BTW , I hope you're not alluding to Industrial Capitalism , which had it's origins in the late 19th and early 20th century England . But you're inferring a communistic or Bolshevik notion , then it is YOU WHO IS LOST . And I believe that is what you're doing as those two names are associated with just that . You therefore get put up on the same shelf as the rest of the deluded paranoids who think anything in the US is run on such principles .

Bono's statement was quite simple , but no to so much for you huh ?
capitalism has the means to ameliorate the condition of mankind .
That a tough concept for you ?
Jul 23, 2013 21:43:13   #
ldsuttonjr (a regular here)
 
Lou: maybe Milton Friedman can educate you on the advantages of Free-market ending poverty.

"There is all the difference in the world, however, between two kinds of assistance through government that seem superficially similar: first, 90 percent of us agreeing to impose taxes on ourselves in order to help the bottom 10 percent, and second, 80 percent voting to impose taxes on the top 10 percent to help the bottom 10 percent -- William Graham Sumner's famous example of B and C decided what D shall do for A. The first may be wise or unwise, an effective or ineffective way to help the disadvantaged -- but it is consistent with belief in both equality of opportunity and liberty. The second seeks equality of outcome and is entirely antithetical to liberty."

Good night my friend.
 
Jul 23, 2013 21:49:48   #
Lou (suspended)
 
and again.. . what does that have to do with Bono's statement ?

btw , that was a good dance .
 
          
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2016 IDF International Technologies, Inc.