One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Home | Political Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main
Source of "Leaks" self indentified?
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
May 18, 2017 08:52:17   #
Gatsby
 
Story line: Comey writes memo to himself, memo leaked to media.

FBI director "supposedly" wrote memo to himself. If true, then the only way for any one else to know

of the existance of this memo, or its contents, is for Comey to have either shown them the memo or told them about it.

If this is so, then Comey himself passed this information directly to news sources for the NYT and WP.

Source(s) of leaks allegedly claim to have gotten this information directly from Comey.

It appears that Comey surrounded himself with "media moles", through which to pass selected information to the press.

Small wonder that there has been such a deluge of leaks from within the FBI.

How about a special investigation into the relationship between the leadership of the FBI and the Clinton campaign/DNC.

Semper Fi.
 
May 18, 2017 09:03:29   #
Scoop Henderson
 
Impale this wealthy Maggot with a flag pole and I will really celebrate on July 4the.
May 18, 2017 09:07:23   #
lpnmajor (a regular here)
 
Gatsby wrote:
Story line: Comey writes memo to himself, memo leaked to media.

FBI director "supposedly" wrote memo to himself. If true, then the only way for any one else to know

of the existance of this memo, or its contents, is for Comey to have either shown them the memo or told them about it.

If this is so, then Comey himself passed this information directly to news sources for the NYT and WP.

Source(s) of leaks allegedly claim to have gotten this information directly from Comey.

It appears that Comey surrounded himself with "media moles", through which to pass selected information to the press.

Small wonder that there has been such a deluge of leaks from within the FBI.

How about a special investigation into the relationship between the leadership of the FBI and the Clinton campaign/DNC.

Semper Fi.
Story line: Comey writes memo to himself, memo le... (show quote)


Memo's are like diaries, and do not belong to the FBI, they belong to Comey. Daily logs ARE owned by the agency, but not personal memo's. See the difference?
May 18, 2017 09:14:06   #
bggamers (a regular here)
 
lpnmajor wrote:
Memo's are like diaries, and do not belong to the FBI, they belong to Comey. Daily logs ARE owned by the agency, but not personal memo's. See the difference?


If the memos have FBI intel I would think that would fall into their business .And since he is under investigation they probably will keep the little black book
May 18, 2017 09:17:05   #
JFlorio (a regular here)
 
All memos written while he was director of the FBI pertaining to meetings and or FBI "work " are property of the FBI; if the news reports I heard are accurate. The ACLU just filed a FOIA request so maybe they are his personal property and subject to a subpoena. May have to bring in lindajoy on this one.
lpnmajor wrote:
Memo's are like diaries, and do not belong to the FBI, they belong to Comey. Daily logs ARE owned by the agency, but not personal memo's. See the difference?
May 18, 2017 10:01:58   #
Larry the Legend
 
Gatsby wrote:
Story line: Comey writes memo to himself, memo leaked to media.

Clearly, unbeknownst to him, he has a ghost or spirit of some kind looking over his shoulder and passing this information on the the media. Any bets on him being 'outed' as a Clinton supporter in the next few months? The truth will find a way...
 
May 18, 2017 10:39:39   #
pafret (a regular here)
 
lpnmajor wrote:
Memo's are like diaries, and do not belong to the FBI, they belong to Comey. Daily logs ARE owned by the agency, but not personal memo's. See the difference?



Any writings pertinent to the purview of his employment, while he is an employee are the property of the U.S. Government. If he wants to keep a personal diary and or log it had better be written and kept at home, not generated on government time, property or cost. There is no "personal memo", no part of his personal business is concerned with the investigation of criminal activity. Notes are usually destroyed at frequent intervals, by shredding, so that the information contained cannot be used or misconstrued.

J Edgar Hoover maintained extensive "personal files" of salacious and unvetted information on public figures, but his files were used for political blackmail, to insure his retention of top position in the FBI. This behavior was as criminal as the people he investigated.
May 18, 2017 10:52:01   #
JW (a regular here)
 
lpnmajor wrote:
Memo's are like diaries, and do not belong to the FBI, they belong to Comey. Daily logs ARE owned by the agency, but not personal memo's. See the difference?


But now the personal memos are ALL accessible thanks to having them involved in the charges against Trump. The Trump haters finally pushed too far and have exposed themselves to some real scrutiny. There may well be some big names going to jail and they might just be Democrats.

Wouldn't it be amazing to discover, down the road, that this whole thing was orchestrated by Trump to expose Obama and Clinton...
May 18, 2017 11:16:17   #
bggamers (a regular here)
 
JW wrote:
But now the personal memos are ALL accessible thanks to having them involved in the charges against Trump. The Trump haters finally pushed too far and have exposed themselves to some real scrutiny. There may well be some big names going to jail and they might just be Democrats.

Wouldn't it be amazing to discover, down the road, that this whole thing was orchestrated by Trump to expose Obama and Clinton...


I have a feeling it wont be JUST demo's but a mix of all. This could be where the plug is pulled in the swamp.
May 18, 2017 11:32:42   #
lindajoy (a regular here)
 
Gatsby wrote:
Story line: Comey writes memo to himself, memo leaked to media.

FBI director "supposedly" wrote memo to himself. If true, then the only way for any one else to know

of the existance of this memo, or its contents, is for Comey to have either shown them the memo or told them about it.

If this is so, then Comey himself passed this information directly to news sources for the NYT and WP.

Source(s) of leaks allegedly claim to have gotten this information directly from Comey.

It appears that Comey surrounded himself with "media moles", through which to pass selected information to the press.

Small wonder that there has been such a deluge of leaks from within the FBI.

How about a special investigation into the relationship between the leadership of the FBI and the Clinton campaign/DNC.

Semper Fi.
Story line: Comey writes memo to himself, memo le... (show quote)


Comey in his capacity with the FBI could sit there claiming National Security breech to answer and they can not make him answer... it would have to go beforehand a special Prosecutor ..
May 18, 2017 11:43:11   #
Larry the Legend
 
JW wrote:
Wouldn't it be amazing to discover, down the road, that this whole thing was orchestrated by Trump to expose Obama and Clinton...

Not to mention highly entertaining. I totally love it when they make come cockamamie claim then have to defend it later. Nancy Pelosi is by far my favorite on that (old saucer-eyes...) but Hillary comes in a close second. To see them trolled like that would be totally hilarious.
 
May 18, 2017 11:43:44   #
lindajoy (a regular here)
 
lpnmajor wrote:
Memo's are like diaries, and do not belong to the FBI, they belong to Comey. Daily logs ARE owned by the agency, but not personal memo's. See the difference?


Memos done in the scope of his job are work product protected but belong to the FBI...Through subpoenas he could be made to produce it.. Most subpoenas do ask for memos. Emails, texts, etc.. However when it's the FBI, CIA, NSA, it certainly does present problems and goes right back to National breech in disclosing..So is the argument..

Chaffetz has requested "all memoranda, notes, summaries and recordings referring or relating to" communications between Comey and Trump.. He is just asking for them now but did say subpoenas were next if refused..
May 18, 2017 11:45:45   #
lindajoy (a regular here)
 
JW wrote:
But now the personal memos are ALL accessible thanks to having them involved in the charges against Trump. The Trump haters finally pushed too far and have exposed themselves to some real scrutiny. There may well be some big names going to jail and they might just be Democrats.

Wouldn't it be amazing to discover, down the road, that this whole thing was orchestrated by Trump to expose Obama and Clinton...


There is more than one way to drain the swamp.. Very first thing you do is find out who, and then proceed..
May 18, 2017 11:51:45   #
lindajoy (a regular here)
 
pafret wrote:
Any writings pertinent to the purview of his employment, while he is an employee are the property of the U.S. Government. If he wants to keep a personal diary and or log it had better be written and kept at home, not generated on government time, property or cost. There is no "personal memo", no part of his personal business is concerned with the investigation of criminal activity. Notes are usually destroyed at frequent intervals, by shredding, so that the information contained cannot be used or misconstrued.

J Edgar Hoover maintained extensive "personal files" of salacious and unvetted information on public figures, but his files were used for political blackmail, to insure his retention of top position in the FBI. This behavior was as criminal as the people he investigated.
Any writings pertinent to the purview of his emplo... (show quote)


Writing memos at home regarding "work" are not shielded.. All subpoenas will ask for any and all memos, notes, files, emails from home computer (think hillary)!to office, cell phone logs etcetcetc.. "if done in the scope of the job" they have to be produced or objected to do it can go before the judge for ruling... To not produce is intentional fraud to withhold pertinent data subject to fines or jail time etc..

And yes, Hoover was a real piece of work from what I've read about him..
May 18, 2017 12:00:22   #
Ricko
 
Larry the Legend wrote:
Not to mention highly entertaining. I totally love it when they make come cockamamie claim then have to defend it later. Nancy Pelosi is by far my favorite on that (old saucer-eyes...) but Hillary comes in a close second. To see them trolled like that would be totally hilarious.



Larry-Nancy and Maxine look like two little girls who saw Santa for the first time!! Wow!!! lol America First!!!
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2016 IDF International Technologies, Inc.